Affordablemobiles.co.uk - Do 3rd party sites have limited coverage?

Found 30th Oct 2012
Hey,

Looking at a new Galaxy S3. Currently with Vodafone and due an upgrade but they want me to pay for upgrade and increase monthly contract. When I said I could get cheaper deals they said ' other Networks use a lot of the Vodafone network but don't have full access. So you might struggle to get signal in some places but this would be less likely if you had Vodafone contract'.

Is that true? Are there network restrictions?

I am currently looking at getting it through affordablemobiles.co.uk on 3 Network. (http://affordablemobiles.co.uk/contract-mobile-phones/3/ultimate-300/samsung/i9300/43264423.html)

Free phone, £26 a month. Seems reasonable, any watchouts??

Thanks
Community Updates
MiscMobile Phone
11 Comments
Banned
Do you know of magic beans? I have some if you're buying?

Seriously. Check 3's coverage on their website. Nothing to do with vodafone
3 has it's own network.

Vodafone lets it's network to practically no-one.

Don't believe any of their poo.
Edited by: "olympians" 30th Oct 2012
Original Poster
So even if I buy a phone through affordablemobiles on Three network I will get the same coverage as I would if I went direct with Three.

If so then why can I get a better deal through affordablemobiles then Three direct??
They tried telling me when I was leaving, that virgin had no network coverage.

When I explained they used EE's network so I doubted their claims they said it was just what they was told.
scholesy

So even if I buy a phone through affordablemobiles on Three network I … So even if I buy a phone through affordablemobiles on Three network I will get the same coverage as I would if I went direct with Three.If so then why can I get a better deal through affordablemobiles then Three direct??

Yes you would.

Three sell the contracts at wholesale to websites like mobiles.co.uk and this affordablemobiles you have mentioned.

Who then sell the contracts on at a lower price than what three does at retail. (doesn't make them a lot of profit but there is a slightly margin)
Banned
If you buy a phone on any network from any outlet regardless of whether it is direct from the network or a 3rd party reseller then the coverage is the same

For the love of god, what are you smoking.
Original Poster
Thanks for your help.

Any good/trusted mobile comparison sites? Or ones to stay away from? I tend to shy away from 'cashback' ones as I don't them them/me! Don't mind using Topcashback if there are good deals.

Scholesy
Original Poster
dimebars

For the love of god, what are you smoking.

calm down, calm down! :P

It was what I was told by Vodafone so only sensible to explore the statement made (if true or false). Turns out to be rubbish, which is good
Banned
Hi I work for Vodafone. Could you please climb to the top of the highest building near you and jump off? You need to do this before we can issue your PAC code
Original Poster
dimebars

Hi I work for Vodafone. Could you please climb to the top of the highest … Hi I work for Vodafone. Could you please climb to the top of the highest building near you and jump off? You need to do this before we can issue your PAC code

SORRY! CAN'T HEAR YOU FROM UP THERE ON YOUR HIGH HORSE! :P

It was only the upgrade bloke I was chatting too, not threatening to leave.
they only trying too frighten put my you into staying with them 02 also have some good deals ring their customer services and haggle with them they usually find you a competitive deal with them , I bought my samsung galaxy s 3 from adsa direct unlocked and I went to 02 shop and they done everything for me including new sim placed all my number onto the sim put all the settings in for me aswell all for free and kept my own phone number and I only too contract for £10.00 a month, they were great with me I get great reception , so don't believe what they telling you, don't do it
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions