Expired

After a HTC Desire/ Iphone 3gs or perhaps N900

Found 25th Jun 2010
What is best way to do this. I am currently on a £10 rolling sim only contract with Three.

I was looking at HTC desire with three. I see Three do £80 cashback on this for internet texter plans. I am unsure if I would get this as an existing customer if I did this through their site by upgrade option.

The N900 seems restricted on networks. I would like minimum 1gb internet use.

Overall what is best deal for these 2 phones. Should I ring up the companies to try to save £5 a month?

16 Comments

Original Poster

Oh I am looking at £30 or cheaper a month. Looks like 24 month seems to be market standard now and I would expect internet in that price.

best-mobile-contracts.co.uk/sea…on=

This site has an E2save deal on three for £20 a month with £100 up front. Seems much cheaper than going Three direct. Not sure it includes unlimited internet.

phone up and see if you can get a better deal. If i was you i would phone around a bit and see if you can get a better deal with the other networks. and play them off against each other. when you find the deal that suits your needs tell 3 you want to leave. If they phone up trying to offer you a deal, tell them the best deal you got offered and see if they can beat it. I wounldnt jump for one deal until you see what everyone else can offer you. you might prefer it?

Original Poster

Just looked at a review site for e2save. got 1 out of 5 from 300 customers as an average. Not risking that! Has anyone read this?

best not to order off e2save and things like that for contract especially with reputations like that. I would phone up the actual phone operators, i.e. t-mobile, 3, virgin, vodafone

Original Poster

Orange do it for 22.50 with £100 up front. On Dolphin package. Around £26.66 a month. Not checked quidco.

Big question is will Three pay me quidco as I am existing customer upgrading.

Original Poster

I think Orange offer £80 quidco too. I am somewhat sold. Downside is their network is being merged with Tmobile and coverage is somewhat poor compared to others.

used e2save a couple of years ago with no issues - they are or at least were part of the carphone wharehouse group.

gummby;8916443

I think Orange offer £80 quidco too. I am somewhat sold. Downside is … I think Orange offer £80 quidco too. I am somewhat sold. Downside is their network is being merged with Tmobile and coverage is somewhat poor compared to others.

t-mobile's 3g coverage is pretty good in my experience (at least between Sussex and London...)

Original Poster

Gone with Three mobile.

HTC desire. Phone was free.
£22 a month agreed over phone with internet talker 300 package. 300 mins of either a mix of texts or minutes. £528 over 24 months.

Internet talker 500 would of been £25 Per month and internet texter deal £27 a month. Guess I got through to the right person.

I doubt this is a deal others will repreat from three.

Overall I am paying £288 for the phone as I was paying £10 a month for just sim contract. i could upgrade in 18 months.

Actually even with Orange quidco this deal works out over £32 cheaper.
Thanks for all the advice all.

I just went with e2save, £25 a month, 300mins, unlimited texts, 500mb internet, however i will be getting £150 back in redemption and quidco tracked at £55 making it £16 a month with a free htc desire.

was very easy to cancel insurance and gadget helpline and u can now send e bills for the redemption and it has worked for me in the past easy enough. I feel people only review the site when bad things happen, if the site was really a 1 star it wouldnt be alive still, it is ran by carphone warehouse too.

people have different opinions but I took the plunge and ignored all the comments and so far everything is as expected.

Original Poster

homerd;8924627

I just went with e2save, £25 a month, 300mins, unlimited texts, 500mb … I just went with e2save, £25 a month, 300mins, unlimited texts, 500mb internet, however i will be getting £150 back in redemption and quidco tracked at £55 making it £16 a month with a free htc desire.was very easy to cancel insurance and gadget helpline and u can now send e bills for the redemption and it has worked for me in the past easy enough. I feel people only review the site when bad things happen, if the site was really a 1 star it wouldnt be alive still, it is ran by carphone warehouse too.people have different opinions but I took the plunge and ignored all the comments and so far everything is as expected.

£16 a month sounds good assuming the cashback is paid. Trouble is redemption offers fix you in till the bitter end of the deal 24 months on. I might be able to switch to something else after 18 month.

The last redemption payment is on the 18th month. so your free for the last 6, not sure what you would do though as your still bound to the contract by orange.

Original Poster

homerd;8928020

The last redemption payment is on the 18th month. so your free for the … The last redemption payment is on the 18th month. so your free for the last 6, not sure what you would do though as your still bound to the contract by orange.

Have you a link for your deal. All the offers I saw had a £100 up front payment and no redemptions. I could still cancel this new contract. Phone not yet delivered.

Hi, Just read your post and seem to have misread you wanted it on the "3" network The deal i got was through the orange network if this is any good to you! sorry if its not ok.

but heres the link.

e2save.com/mob…tml

click the tab for orange contract and its the top one, Dolphin 24 £25 but (even cheaper than i got now!) £17.19 effective after redemption. however + quidco

sorry if im too late

Original Poster

homerd;8971130

Hi, Just read your post and seem to have misread you wanted it on the "3" … Hi, Just read your post and seem to have misread you wanted it on the "3" network The deal i got was through the orange network if this is any good to you! sorry if its not ok.but heres the link.http://www.e2save.com/mobile-phone/contract/htc/HTC-Desire.htmlclick the tab for orange contract and its the top one, Dolphin 24 £25 but (even cheaper than i got now!) £17.19 effective after redemption. however + quidco sorry if im too late

Not too late. Still not got the phone. Three are talking July 29th now. if i go via E2save will they have any stock? Answer probably not as everywhere is sold out.

Only thing I dont like about my three deal is lack of texts.

I could order phone on E2save and cancel the order that arrives last? I don't like this redemption thing as you have to remember to do it.

Original Poster

Cancelled 3 deal.

Might go with E 2 save. Bit nervous about the redemption part and how it works. Also remembering to do it! Also about E2save customer service. Still Three were refusing to match £20 a month with internet and texts.

Is the contract with e2save or with Orange when you come to switch?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. black friday dates for halfords55
    2. Any PS4 News Here29313897
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769654
    4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247679

See more discussions