After a Laptop for my 15yr old Daughter.

13 replies
Found 7th Nov 2009
Thought this would be easy but tbh it's been a bloody nightmare, trying my best to get something good and that looks really flash for her to open on xmas day.

Now i want to spend about £400-500, she'll be mostly using it for surfing the net ie Facebook/Myspace/MSN but also for homework and then for College/Uni.

I was trying to find a touch screen lappy but couldn't seem to find one, any ideas guys? any good offers?

Btw i'm after an Intel Core Duo, windows 7 and no onboard GPU.

thx for any help!

1. Misc
  2. Laptop
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Laptop
13 Comments

your daughter is same age as mine...

I recently bought her the dell 17inch one that was on sale at carphone warehouse.

Its a great lappy! The deal is over now, But I've been keeping an eye on their site to be my younger daughter summin similar

carphonewarehouse.com/spe…ash

Hope this helps x

Have a look on the Dell site. You should find something suitable there.

And, Dell do most of their laptops in a range of "attractive colours" which should appeal to a 15 year old girl. (Well, my 14 year old daughter wants a pink one :roll: )

I just got a new laptop acer aspire 6930g

Really good, got its own gfx card, unlike most laptops. Good speakers. Blu-ray player and nice and speedy. Look into it, i really recommend it

tony_s1;6809889

Have a look on the Dell site. You should find something suitable … Have a look on the Dell site. You should find something suitable there.And, Dell do most of their laptops in a range of "attractive colours" which should appeal to a 15 year old girl. (Well, my 14 year old daughter wants a pink one :roll: )

:thumbsup:be careful by 14 and a half she'll hate everything pink.........lol

Original Poster

Thx everyone for the reply's!

Yeah she wanted a Pink lappy and i said 'remember you will have this when you go to uni, do you really want to have a pink one?', she replied 'i'll have black or blue plz' hehe!

aphex187;6810104

Thx everyone for the reply's! Yeah she wanted a Pink lappy and i said … Thx everyone for the reply's! Yeah she wanted a Pink lappy and i said 'remember you will have this when you go to uni, do you really want to have a pink one?', she replied 'i'll have black or blue plz' hehe!

Clever girl :thumbsup:

Also you can get those coloured sleeves that additionally protect the lappy and can be changed over from time to time :thumbsup:

If she has the same lappy in 3 yrs time you'll be darn lucky

If she's 15 she'll be needing a new one by the time she's at Uni

Perhaps just spend £300 and bank the rest towards a new one in three years?

Original Poster

DAMNOME;6810132

If she's 15 she'll be needing a new one by the time she's at UniPerhaps … If she's 15 she'll be needing a new one by the time she's at UniPerhaps just spend £300 and bank the rest towards a new one in three years?

Me bank money!? hehe no chance in this house, family of 5 here :-D

Banned

goto ebuyer.co.uk and have a look at the specail offers they always have a bargain laptop in there

Banned

After a Laptop for my 15yr old Daughter.

OK I´ll swap yer a Dell Inspiron 1500dl for yer daughter

take it or leave it.

Original Poster

toshapetriji;6811166

OK I´ll swap yer a Dell Inspiron 1500dl for yer daughter take it or leave … OK I´ll swap yer a Dell Inspiron 1500dl for yer daughter take it or leave it.

Yip but she comes with 2 boys as well ;-)

Banned

toshapetriji:OK I´ll swap yer a Dell Inspiron 1500dl for yer daughtertake … toshapetriji:OK I´ll swap yer a Dell Inspiron 1500dl for yer daughtertake it or leave it.Yip but she comes with 2 boys as well

Thanks for being honest

I will have to retract my offer sorry

trigger^happy;6811143

goto ebuyer.co.uk and have a look at the specail offers they always have … goto ebuyer.co.uk and have a look at the specail offers they always have a bargain laptop in there

Then just hope it don't go wrong as their customer service is crap :-D
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What's this on my neighbours roof?1112
    2. Renewing sportsmania.rocks610
    3. Whey protien46
    4. Is this junction box wired properly??610

See more discussions