EXPIRED

After a PC - Any Suggestions?

Our old Dell Laptop has given up the ghost - less than 2 yrs old!!
We have a Dell docking station a 22" LCD screen and all peripherals, so either need a Dell laptop compatible with the docking station (Latitude) or a desktop PC basic package with no screen etc.
Use is generally for internet (loads of screens open on firefox at any one time), some office packages, and possibly downloading/streaming films. We don't do any gaming.
Want a decent PC that will last, won't slow down when loads of programs are open at once, and performs quickly for what we want it to do.
Budget is as little as possible really, had a look at a few from Dell Inspiron desktops, to Acer Aspire Revos, so may go to around £400, but if we can get something suitable for £200 that'd be better.
Any help appreciated.

5 Comments

Well take the Aspire Revo and any other net-top straight off your list, they're definitely not suitable for having loads of programs open at once.

Apart from that take your pick, anything will fulfil your requirements. I would say look for something with a good hard drive but given that virtually no manufacturers list which one you're getting that'd be tricky to do.

Original Poster

Uh thanks, i think. Any suggestions?

Sulli;7257872

Uh thanks, i think. Any suggestions?

This would do and in stock for delivery...

currys.co.uk/mar…387

Basic but good value

renagade27

Original Poster

I also want something that will be good wireless performance, so wireless N, so I can d/l films and stream to my PS3.

Is this any good:

Advent Centurion CPQ9104 - Gaming PC

* AMD Phenom X4 9650 Quad-Core processor
* (2.3GHz, 2MB Cache)
* Genuine Windows(R) 7 Home Premium
* 4GB DDR2 memory
* 640GB hard drive

currys.co.uk/mar…id=

It's £480.

Original Poster

Also had a look at PC world today, found an Advent SQ-9204, which is £350 without the screen (I already have a screen): pcworld.co.uk/mar…614

Seems powerful enough - good deal?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Has anyone found any Baileys Pumpkin Spiced for sale in the UK ?11
    2. What's the name of that brand that looks like Playstation symbols?34
    3. Anyone got a spare Argos 10% code from the Xbox Minecraft mistake?22
    4. Decent Mp3 Player?88

See more discussions