After land line with calls (No Broadband)

Posted 14th Jan
What is the best price for just a simple land line, no broadband. Seems hard to find.

Need it for an elderly person, with Carelink.

Thank you
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
Go compare
Try Pulse8 or Uno (be aware Uno shows prices excluding VAT).

There is also a special BT basic package, although it has restrictions on who can apply and what you can use it for.
Edited by: "EndlessWaves" 14th Jan
esar14/01/2020 18:07

Go compare

Do not seem to have only landline. Do not need the Broadband element.

Thank you for replying though. I’ll continue to look.
Simple Telecoms have a £10.99 a month landline only plan for pensioners. No idea what they’re like but seem to get good reviews on trustpilot. Much cheaper than BT.

simpletelecoms.co.uk/Tel…ple

if they don’t need to keep an existing landline number or if you could port such a number then you can get traditional landline style phones that work on mobile networks.

amazon.co.uk/Wir…h=1
Edited by: "captainbeaky" 14th Jan
Can't it work with a mobile SIM.
Got my elderly mothers with the Post Office, phone only.
£13 per month basic. You can add extras like anytime calls for about £7.
Edited by: "rav4cas" 14th Jan
EndlessWaves14/01/2020 18:11

Try Pulse8 or Uno (be aware Uno shows prices excluding VAT).There is also …Try Pulse8 or Uno (be aware Uno shows prices excluding VAT).There is also a special BT basic package, although it has restrictions on who can apply and what you can use it for.

It’s for my 90y mother just needs calls and line rental. So she cal call us at home or on our mobile. Only light use.
BT line rental is £19.99 but if there is no broadband it's reduced by £8 per month to only £11.99, then you would need a calling plan on top, depending on her usage it could be an extra £5 per month for 500 minutes or for unlimited it's £12, ring them and see what's on offer.
We managed to get BT basics for my grandad just had to send off some information about his pension and the fact he lives in a council property
Thank you all For your replies. Some wide ranging prices. I’ll take a look.
A GSM dialler would give you an rj11 connection for carelink.

Way cheaper per month with a SIM

£23.09 20%OFF | GSM Fixed wireless terminal,2G GSM Dialer support alarm system PABX elevator Coin payphone Meter 850/900/1800/1900MHZ
a.aliexpress.com/_dKdou

One example.
If you're getting carelink for the call out service then it's obviously required. However thought I might share my method, I go out to my nan when required.

I use a free 200meg 3 data sim with a Huawei travel modem for data.

I then use a sonoff rf bridge and attach it to the Huawei WiFi access point and slap an alarm bracelet on her. I then log into ewelink and turn on alarm notifications.

17515462901579108391.jpg
No rolling cost and peace of mind. Recently got donated a gen 1 echo that I use to drop in on her which has helped with false alarms. Don't want to go down the camera route unless I have to.
Edited by: "mogsog" 15th Jan
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants