AFX gaming mouse broken?

Found 29th Dec 2017
Hi guys. bought 2 of these for my kids with the keyboard seen on a deal here. Both of them don't track correctly. spent about £20 on different mouse mats but it seems in the life of the market tracks poorly but near the edge it's fine. tried ably 4 different mats and even bought the afx gaming mat which works better than the others but still not great.
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
What do you mean by not tracking correctly ?
Have you tried installing the software that came with it (visit manufacturers website if you don’t have a disc)
cmdr_elito53 m ago

Have you tried installing the software that came with it (visit …Have you tried installing the software that came with it (visit manufacturers website if you don’t have a disc)

Tried liking for them . Cant find anything other than currys website selling them. It came with a disc and installed the software but it's just to configure the dpi and the buttons.
kester762 h, 3 m ago

What do you mean by not tracking correctly ?

The cursor stutters across the screen so you have to swipe a few times to go across the screen. Move it to the edge of the mats and it works like a charm. Just seems it doesn't like the middle of the mouse pads so wonder g of it's a light issue in the room?
Have you disabled the usb power saving setting in device manager for all your usb devices? It plays havoc with some mice.

google.co.uk/amp…mp/

Here’s a generic guide. This may help, it may not. I know this has helped in the past with Hp mice in my workplace.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 29th Dec 2017
cmdr_elito4 m ago

Have you disabled the usb power saving setting in device manager for all …Have you disabled the usb power saving setting in device manager for all your usb devices? It plays havoc with some mice.https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/helpdeskgeek.com/how-to/prevent-windows-from-powering-off-usb-device/amp/ Here’s a generic guide. This may help, it may not. I know this has helped in the past with Hp mice in my workplace.

Brilliant I'll give this a try. Thanks
cmdr_elito23 m ago

Have you disabled the usb power saving setting in device manager for all …Have you disabled the usb power saving setting in device manager for all your usb devices? It plays havoc with some mice.https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/helpdeskgeek.com/how-to/prevent-windows-from-powering-off-usb-device/amp/ Here’s a generic guide. This may help, it may not. I know this has helped in the past with Hp mice in my workplace.

Done and no difference 😔. It seems to be on the middle of all the mats I've tried. Around the edges it's fine
Which mouse do you have? Some don’t like normal mouse mats, but will work better if you just use them on the worktop.
cmdr_elito9 m ago

Which mouse do you have? Some don’t like normal mouse mats, but will work b …Which mouse do you have? Some don’t like normal mouse mats, but will work better if you just use them on the worktop.

It's this one Mouse

Tried the work top but it's too shiny
Try something non reflective, with a pattern or texture to it. Some non shiny flat cardboard, wall paper, cardboard folder or something like that. If you are sill getting the issue and there is nothing obvious blocking the sensor (dirt/fluff) then I would suggest it might be faulty. If it works normally it’s probably the mouse mat.
cmdr_elito5 m ago

Try something non reflective, with a pattern or texture to it. Some non …Try something non reflective, with a pattern or texture to it. Some non shiny flat cardboard, wall paper, cardboard folder or something like that. If you are sill getting the issue and there is nothing obvious blocking the sensor (dirt/fluff) then I would suggest it might be faulty. If it works normally it’s probably the mouse mat.

I've tried the cheap mats, and at the moment using the afx lava mats that I thought would be the best. Whilst they both work better still not 100%. I'll keep trying tho.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants