Aggressive buyer

Found 28th May
I sold a conservatory to someone ,who came to view it a couple of days before collecting on Friday.He was happy to accept it .On day of collection I went through the various parts and where the fitted ,I also advised that there was 2 spare windows and French door should he want to use them..Since Saturday I have been bombarded with ranting text messages..The problem I have is I feel slightly intimidated by him.Conservatory already dismantled ready to go ,dropped asking price by £50 by buyer request which I duly did to get sale
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
darren.evansoGC24 m ago

Read the original post,I assume he is trying to get his money back and …Read the original post,I assume he is trying to get his money back and return good

I did and you didn't state what his complaint was

Making assumptions isn't going to get you anywhere
21 Comments
Block his number, He's probably getting frustrated putting it back together
Edited by: "ding" 28th May
What is he ranting about ?
deleted1315437
Op does he already have the item? Because you mentioned it’s ready to go...
Item collected last Friday,I am concerned as I work long hours my wife on her own
Sold as seen but without more details it's difficult to comment. If he makes any threats then tell him you will report him to the police so keep all the texts as evidence
Without telling us what his complaint is, then how can anyone possibly advise you properly?
Read the original post,I assume he is trying to get his money back and return good
darren.evansoGC24 m ago

Read the original post,I assume he is trying to get his money back and …Read the original post,I assume he is trying to get his money back and return good

I did and you didn't state what his complaint was

Making assumptions isn't going to get you anywhere
deleted131543729th May

Op does he already have the item? Because you mentioned it’s ready to go...

Yes he does
darren.evansoGC19 m ago

Yes he does

So to clarify, the buyer has said that they want to return the conservatory - for what reason? It was sold as seen so politely inform them of that and that you will not offer a refund. Suggest to them that anymore aggressive messages then you will potentially report them to the police for harrassment.
ipswich7829th May

So to clarify, the buyer has said that they want to return the …So to clarify, the buyer has said that they want to return the conservatory - for what reason? It was sold as seen so politely inform them of that and that you will not offer a refund. Suggest to them that anymore aggressive messages then you will potentially report them to the police for harrassment.

I have contacted a local solicitor for advise ,just awaiting call back
ipswich787 m ago

So to clarify, the buyer has said that they want to return the …So to clarify, the buyer has said that they want to return the conservatory - for what reason? It was sold as seen so politely inform them of that and that you will not offer a refund. Suggest to them that anymore aggressive messages then you will potentially report them to the police for harrassment.

He claims that nothing is what I said it was and that it is unbuiildable bearing in mind I pointed out each part stating what went where.i haven’t slept all weekend with worry
deleted1315437
darren.evansoGC31 m ago

He claims that nothing is what I said it was and that it is unbuiildable …He claims that nothing is what I said it was and that it is unbuiildable bearing in mind I pointed out each part stating what went where.i haven’t slept all weekend with worry

He’s probably just rubbish with instructions. I wouldn’t worry about it too much. Just let him know that you’ve contacted the authorities.
I have sought legal advice ,just awaiting their response regards this iss
I could have pretty much guaranteed that selling a 2nd hand conservatory on ebay would lead to problems.
I don't know why you need legal advice... Was it cash on collection? Then he can't even open a case.

He bought after having physically seen the item... sold as seen and there is no recourse after. He can't do anything. What is he threatening? Relax and just ignore him and YOU tell him that if he comes to your house and harasses you you'll report him to the police.
Edited by: "hearts22" 29th May
darren.evansoGC44 m ago

I have sought legal advice ,just awaiting their response regards this iss

if he can prove that what you sold him is not in line with your advert or written statements in subsequent correspondence, then he can take you to the small claims court to claim a refund.

however, without this proof, it is buyer beware and he can't really get his money back.
mutley11 h, 1 m ago

if he can prove that what you sold him is not in line with your advert or …if he can prove that what you sold him is not in line with your advert or written statements in subsequent correspondence, then he can take you to the small claims court to claim a refund.however, without this proof, it is buyer beware and he can't really get his money back.

Even if the buyer has had time to inspect the item in person? That would be ridiculous really.
hearts2211 m ago

Even if the buyer has had time to inspect the item in person? That would …Even if the buyer has had time to inspect the item in person? That would be ridiculous really.

from the OP's description, it would appear that it was already dismantled for the buyer so the OP may have assured him that it was perfect without issues and he trusted the OP. if he can prove that the sale was based on the assurance that it was in working order and it is not, then he will be able to claim a refund. However, the onus is on the buyer to prove this.
Solicitor has since advised to contact citizens advice ,Sold as seen
I would refund and move on, not worth the aggro and the lingering fear.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants