Groups

Ah ****, my TV's busted :-(

Just trying to watch Miami Vice and the screens gone dark and sort of solarized. Any decent deals (as in cheap) for a 42" plasma, pref high street. I would search but i'm feeling mega lazy :-p

17 Comments

comet.co.uk/sho…ion

Not 1080p but I have one and the pictures brilliant and have had no problems

Samsung set with £99 off at Argos..........
    argos.co.uk/sta…htm

That'll teach ya........Miami Vice??????;-)

Hope it was the Don Johnson tv series coz the remade film was carp!!:whistling:

Original Poster

mikebike;7107275

Samsung set with £99 off at … Samsung set with £99 off at Argos..........http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5365850/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CHome+entertainment+and+sat+nav%7C14419512/c_2/3%7C15701169%7CTelevisions%7C14419667/c_3/4%7Ccat_14419667%7CPlasma+TVs%7C14419686.htm

I was looking at those but only available for delivery which is a bit of a problem :-(

muckypup;7107289

That'll teach ya........Miami Vice??????;-)Hope it was the Don Johnson tv … That'll teach ya........Miami Vice??????;-)Hope it was the Don Johnson tv series coz the remade film was carp!!:whistling:

Yeah the original. Been meaning to watch it for ages, finally get around to it then... Bam :lol:

If you order this in the next 1.5 hours on express delivery it'll be with ya tomorrow

]LG PQ6000

£488.50

You should be able to get this one from store..and it the same price at £499.99.......
    comet.co.uk/sho…XXU

Original Poster

mikebike;7107405

You should be able to get this one from store..and it the same price at … You should be able to get this one from store..and it the same price at £499.99.......http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/product/526592/SAMSUNG-PS42B450B1WXXU

Are they any good though? Just checking for stock....

Hmmm. Loads in stock.

Shengis;7107587

Are they any good though? Just checking for stock....Hmmm. Loads in stock.

Well they get mixed reviews but it looks ok to me

Original Poster

mikebike;7107665

Well they get mixed reviews but it looks ok to me

Can't be any worse than a busted one I suppose :lol:

Might take a drive to comet later and have a look. Wonder if i've got any interest free deals on my CC's :whistling:

Original Poster

dcx_badass;7107721

Why plasma

Because LCD's look ****. Even trying to watch a film on my laptop is a pain due to the blockiness. You don't get that as bad with a plasma.

Shengis;7107848

Because LCD's look ****. Even trying to watch a film on my laptop is a … Because LCD's look ****. Even trying to watch a film on my laptop is a pain due to the blockiness. You don't get that as bad with a plasma.

this lol i wouldn't even have a LCD in the spare room.

get either a Pioneer or a Panasonic Veira

dont bother with Samsung,sony,LG unless you dont mind an average picture.

Original Poster

black gerbil1;7107889

t[B]dont bother with Samsung,sony,LG unless you dont mind an average … t[B]dont bother with Samsung,sony,LG unless you dont mind an average picture.

I don't, I only really watch 70's/80's/90's TV programs that predate HD anyway

Shengis......here's a comprehensive review of the LG PQ6000 ]http//ww…tml

For a budget plasma it rates rather well........looks good too.............like moi!!!!:whistling:

Shengis;7107950

I don't, I only really watch 70's/80's/90's TV programs that predate HD … I don't, I only really watch 70's/80's/90's TV programs that predate HD anyway

http://i38.tinypic.com/30w5avt.gif

just make sure you watch Lost in February

dixons.co.uk/mar…id=
    We got this last month.
    37", rather than the 42" you want and not cheap but a lot cheaper at Dixons than anywhere else (3 weeks ago, for sure) free delivery and they take away the old telly.

Original Poster

Well I looked at the Samsung and LG in Comet last night. The Samsung appeared to have the better picture but didn't look as nice. Then went to currys and they had an LG that had been properly set up, so I reckon it is actually the better deal. All the more so as it plays divx.

Anyway got home, locked the van and this evening one of the neighbours came around and said the window was open :? I was like wtf? Of course it had been raining so i've now got a flooded van :lol: Still got the stereo in it though :whistling:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What would be HELL to you?1315
      2. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927365
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767287
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7141346

See more discussions