Groups

ahhh a nice thread - and local question (surrey)

must say its nice to see there are no nastiness here tonight....yet lol

every one seems to be rubbing along nicely!

well done misc'ers

ok...anyone know of any fetes/fundays coming up in surrey, or nice parks with plenty to do, looking for places to take the kids that wont cost the earth, near public transport please

thank you

24 Comments

1st!!!!!

[COLOR="Red"]I'm going to Surrey Uni next week.

HTH.[/COLOR]

Beddington park is a very large park with a lake and a place to get a drink or ice cream and a kiddy park to.

Its just across the road from me, lol.

how do you know im rubbing along nicely?

brb-off to close curtains :w00t:

Original Poster

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5671346

http://www.dayoutwiththekids.co.uk/

thank you - had looked here but wanted personal recommendations :-D

kjbenja;5671369

Beddington park is a very large park with a lake and a place to get a … Beddington park is a very large park with a lake and a place to get a drink or ice cream and a kiddy park to.Its just across the road from me, lol.

sounds ideal, is it easy walking distance from the station?

Original Poster

michelleleemoo;5671377

how do you know im rubbing along nicely?brb-off to close curtains :w00t:

and switch of the cam :w00t:

loupomm;5671397

and switch of the cam :w00t:

sugar lumps :oops:

loupomm;5671389

sounds ideal, is it easy walking distance from the station?

About 5 mins from Hackbridge station :-D

Original Poster

kjbenja;5671486

About 5 mins from Hackbridge station :-D

thank you - on my list :-D

jeany123;5671489

http://www.funfamilydaysout.com/site/family-days-out/in-surreysorry have … http://www.funfamilydaysout.com/site/family-days-out/in-surreysorry have never been to Surrey

thank you

depends on how much you want to spend?! and how old your kids are. Im from surrey btw

The JFK;5671355

[COLOR="Red"]I'm going to Surrey Uni next week.HTH.[/COLOR]

ul love it mate, its a good uni, graduated last week from there.

Sheep87;5671668

ul love it mate, its a good uni, graduated last week from there.

[COLOR="Red"]SaaFe, geeza.:thumbsup:

It's a campus Uni, yeah?

What's the best halls to stay in?

They're building a new sports centre aren't they?

BTW, what did you study?[/COLOR]

Original Poster

Sheep87;5671662

depends on how much you want to spend?! and how old your kids are. Im … depends on how much you want to spend?! and how old your kids are. Im from surrey btw

well i dont mind train fair, drinks/icecream, even small admission fee :-D

kids are 9,12 + 14

The JFK;5671679

[COLOR="Red"]SaaFe, geeza.:thumbsup:It's a campus Uni, yeah? Yeah all on … [COLOR="Red"]SaaFe, geeza.:thumbsup:It's a campus Uni, yeah? Yeah all on one campus, not too big eitherWhat's the best halls to stay in?University court or Twyford court, dont go for anything else!They're building a new sports centre aren't they?Yeah its massive, gonna be the training home for the olympic swimmingteam when finished. BTW, what did you study?I did Biomedical Science, my gf did Business Management [/COLOR]

loupomm;5671693

well i dont mind train fair, drinks/icecream, even small admission fee … well i dont mind train fair, drinks/icecream, even small admission fee :-Dkids are 9,12 + 14

Well there is Hampton court palace or Chessington World of Adventures( which also has a zoo and you may be able to get 2for1 tickets altho its still quite expensive).

Apart from that surrey doesnt really offer much, may be better off getting the train straight to brighton, or a beach town nearby like littlehampton, so much to do there.

[COLOR="Red"]SaaFe. I want to do Business Management.

Cheers for the heads up.:thumbsup:[/COLOR]

Original Poster

Sheep87;5671722

Well there is Hampton court palace or Chessington World of Adventures( … Well there is Hampton court palace or Chessington World of Adventures( which also has a zoo and you may be able to get 2for1 tickets altho its still quite expensive). Apart from that surrey doesnt really offer much, may be better off getting the train straight to brighton, or a beach town nearby like littlehampton, so much to do there.

thank you - hampton court palace is on my to do list

COW - we are quite close, got merlin passes and go alot, looking for more smaller places

thank you :-D

The JFK;5671723

[COLOR="Red"]SaaFe. I want to do Business Management. Cheers for the … [COLOR="Red"]SaaFe. I want to do Business Management. Cheers for the heads up.:thumbsup:[/COLOR]

Yeah Business is pretty good at surrey, but lots and lots of chinese students can make group work a bit difficult due to the language barrier.

Good luck fella :thumbsup:

loupomm;5671736

thank you - hampton court palace is on my to do list COW - we are quite … thank you - hampton court palace is on my to do list COW - we are quite close, got merlin passes and go alot, looking for more smaller placesthank you :-D

No probs, hopw you have a nice day out!!

Banned

Nonsuch park is a big park you can go to. Alot of good places to climb trees, play hide and seek etc.

You can get ice creams/drinks at the mansions inside the park. Also right next to it is Cheam park which have a good playpark.

Original Poster

sam2007;5672556

Nonsuch park is a big park you can go to. Alot of good places to climb … Nonsuch park is a big park you can go to. Alot of good places to climb trees, play hide and seek etc.You can get ice creams/drinks at the mansions inside the park. Also right next to it is Cheam park which have a good playpark.

thanks, which station is this closest to?

Banned

Cheam
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764355
      2. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism1118
      3. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio1423
      4. Rest In Peace Jerry Lewis.44

See more discussions