Ahhhhhh!!!! Creepy crawlies in food.. what have you found?

Found 12th Sep 2017Edited by:"LeahsMintytoutou"
Hey guys I just saw this on a news page n it reminded me of a time I found bugs in a bag of rice.
The ones in this news story look like proper little bruisers though, biker boots and everything!
google.co.uk/amp…tml

Share your horror stories...
Community Updates
Misc
29 Comments
You've just given me a horrible memory.

Many, many years ago, my Mother and I were eating dinner and we had shared a Ross Oriental Express Stir Fry. We absolutely loved them and were tucking in when Mum bit into something hard but crunchy. As she removed it from her mouth, we could immediately see the jaws and antennae of a black beetle!

After several combined convulsions, it suddenly occured to me that it was strange to have just a head so we dug around in the rest and low and behold - the back end was in my half of the meal - minus some of it's legs! Needless to say (and I know it's daft!) but we never had another Ross stir fry from that day onwards.

I thought that these meals had died a death many years ago but to my surprise I was in the frozen section of a popular supermarket not too long ago and saw a pack of Oriental Express, still made by Ross. I wonder if they still have added crunchy protein???

Enjoy your dinner(s) everyone. Hehe!

Best regards, Phsy.
Phsycronix1 h, 5 m ago

You've just given me a horrible memory.Many, many years ago, my Mother and …You've just given me a horrible memory.Many, many years ago, my Mother and I were eating dinner and we had shared a Ross Oriental Express Stir Fry. We absolutely loved them and were tucking in when Mum bit into something hard but crunchy. As she removed it from her mouth, we could immediately see the jaws and antennae of a black beetle!After several combined convulsions, it suddenly occured to me that it was strange to have just a head so we dug around in the rest and low and behold - the back end was in my half of the meal - minus some of it's legs! Needless to say (and I know it's daft!) but we never had another Ross stir fry from that day onwards.I thought that these meals had died a death many years ago but to my surprise I was in the frozen section of a popular supermarket not too long ago and saw a pack of Oriental Express, still made by Ross. I wonder if they still have added crunchy protein???Enjoy your dinner(s) everyone. Hehe!Best regards, Phsy.

31963191-FQ0ug.jpg
I used to eat them as a kid
mmmmmmm scrunchy
I found a live black beetle in an unopened bag of porridge a couple of months ago. I found it when I decided to make some porridge the night before and the bag was under my kitchen cabinet and the light made it move around in the bag. Contacted the company and they sent a jiffy bag out so I could return it. A few days later they sent me a 1kg bag of porridge and told me whatever was in the bag it had disintegrated.
When I was young I was preparing broccoli and found a bunch of maggots inside the head. I've inspected broccoli carefully ever since.
Cr0m24 m ago

When I was young I was preparing broccoli and found a bunch of maggots …When I was young I was preparing broccoli and found a bunch of maggots inside the head. I've inspected broccoli carefully ever since.

I bought some broccoli from a fruit shop years ago. It looked very fresh. I cut it up a bit and put it in a pan of boiling water.. after a minute or two I noticed there were curled up green things in it floating.. I inspected.... CATERPILLARS!!! I still feel guilty about that lol.. poor caterpillars, what a way to go
summerof762 h, 23 m ago

I found a live black beetle in an unopened bag of porridge a couple of …I found a live black beetle in an unopened bag of porridge a couple of months ago. I found it when I decided to make some porridge the night before and the bag was under my kitchen cabinet and the light made it move around in the bag. Contacted the company and they sent a jiffy bag out so I could return it. A few days later they sent me a 1kg bag of porridge and told me whatever was in the bag it had disintegrated.

Did you not take some pictures summer ?

Cr0m26 m ago

When I was young I was preparing broccoli and found a bunch of maggots …When I was young I was preparing broccoli and found a bunch of maggots inside the head. I've inspected broccoli carefully ever since.

Had broccoli from the garden last night
added protein from the slugs and snails mmmmm
summerof762 h, 28 m ago

I found a live black beetle in an unopened bag of porridge a couple of …I found a live black beetle in an unopened bag of porridge a couple of months ago. I found it when I decided to make some porridge the night before and the bag was under my kitchen cabinet and the light made it move around in the bag. Contacted the company and they sent a jiffy bag out so I could return it. A few days later they sent me a 1kg bag of porridge and told me whatever was in the bag it had disintegrated.

Eww that's horrid. They must have found what it was.. they must have. Powdered foods and flour and sugar ect have become abit of pain to store for me. Last year I came downstairs one morning and there were white Lil specs crawling all over the kitchen side. They were on all food in my cupboard and I had to throw so much food away. At that same kind of time I found a sealed bag of rice in the back of the cupboard. I don't know why but I opened it and poured it in a ziplock bag. There were other different bugs in there! some live and some dead. I didn't complain about it because I thought they'd probs say it was they way I'd stored it. Next time I find something, I'm sending it off! Lol did you eat the 1kg of porridge?
MSK.33 m ago

I don't think I've ever found anything gross like that in food. Worse …I don't think I've ever found anything gross like that in food. Worse thing I ate by mistake though was a mackerel fin. It was supposed to have had all it's fins and stuff removed and I'd never cooked one before so I didn't know what I was looking for.Got stuck in my throat, spend about half an hour coughing the bastard thing up, worse than a hairball from hell. It was like coughing up a bat's wing covered in hedgehog spines that's trying to suffocate me.The fish won. Won't be eating mackerel again.

You don't have much luck do you, what did you do in a previous life?
Wongy11046 m ago

Did you not take some pictures summer ?Had broccoli from the garden last …Did you not take some pictures summer ?Had broccoli from the garden last nightadded protein from the slugs and snails mmmmm

As long as I don't see a bug I'm not really bothered, were meant to eat a few spiders in our sleep every year aren't we?
One of those "facts" you'd rather not hear. My gift to you guys
Cr0m5 m ago

You don't have much luck do you, what did you do in a previous life? …You don't have much luck do you, what did you do in a previous life?

If it was anything like this one, some really really naughty stuff
Maggots in flapjack from Poundstretcher. Went back to complain and there were several other affected bars in the batch. They took the box off the shelves but it reappeared before I'd left the shop.
Cr0m6 m ago

As long as I don't see a bug I'm not really bothered, were meant to eat a …As long as I don't see a bug I'm not really bothered, were meant to eat a few spiders in our sleep every year aren't we? One of those "facts" you'd rather not hear. My gift to you guys

Rather not hear it because it is not true
Wongy1102 m ago

Rather not hear it because it is not true

You prefer daddy long legs?
MSK.5 m ago

If it was anything like this one, some really really naughty stuff

Sigh
Cr0m4 m ago

You prefer daddy long legs?

Not sure tbh
I just know I don't 'eat a few spiders while I sleep every year'
and people repeating this BS 'bugs me'
Edited by: "Wongy110" 12th Sep 2017
fivegoldstars8 m ago

Maggots in flapjack from Poundstretcher. Went back to complain and there …Maggots in flapjack from Poundstretcher. Went back to complain and there were several other affected bars in the batch. They took the box off the shelves but it reappeared before I'd left the shop.

Wongy1104 m ago

Not sure tbhI just know I don't 'eat a few spiders while I sleep every …Not sure tbhI just know I don't 'eat a few spiders while I sleep every year'and people repeating this BS 'bugs me'

Lol yeah I read somewhere that it's rubbish as the spiders would feel our breath and run away, not towards it
Edited by: "LeahsMintytoutou" 12th Sep 2017
Wongy1107 m ago

Not sure tbhI just know I don't 'eat a few spiders while I sleep every …Not sure tbhI just know I don't 'eat a few spiders while I sleep every year'and people repeating this BS 'bugs me'

But how do you know?

I ejected a pretty big web-building spider from inside my kitchen window a couple of weeks ago, took ages because it would leg it behind the blind when I moved it. It set up camp outside then and the next morning it had just caught a wasp and a few days later I saw it eating a blue bottle (top work). It's gone now. Bet I crushed it in the window one time.
Wongy11023 h, 58 m ago

Did you not take some pictures summer ?Had broccoli from the garden last …Did you not take some pictures summer ?Had broccoli from the garden last nightadded protein from the slugs and snails mmmmm

No, but I now put it in a bowl to check it over before making porridge
LeahsMintytoutou23 h, 56 m ago

Eww that's horrid. They must have found what it was.. they must have. …Eww that's horrid. They must have found what it was.. they must have. Powdered foods and flour and sugar ect have become abit of pain to store for me. Last year I came downstairs one morning and there were white Lil specs crawling all over the kitchen side. They were on all food in my cupboard and I had to throw so much food away. At that same kind of time I found a sealed bag of rice in the back of the cupboard. I don't know why but I opened it and poured it in a ziplock bag. There were other different bugs in there! some live and some dead. I didn't complain about it because I thought they'd probs say it was they way I'd stored it. Next time I find something, I'm sending it off! Lol did you eat the 1kg of porridge?

Just opened the bag, but I now put it in a bowl to check for bugs before using to make porridge
fivegoldstars23 h, 12 m ago

Maggots in flapjack from Poundstretcher. Went back to complain and there …Maggots in flapjack from Poundstretcher. Went back to complain and there were several other affected bars in the batch. They took the box off the shelves but it reappeared before I'd left the shop.

31974779-rhLbC.jpg

Yuck
I went off jam for about 15 years after one of my school teachers told us mass produced jam is allowed a certain amount of crushed bugs in them.

Apparently it's unavoidable that some bugs aren't washed away in the cleaning process.

I might avoid jam again after writing this...
greysquaill9 h, 59 m ago

I went off jam for about 15 years after one of my school teachers told us …I went off jam for about 15 years after one of my school teachers told us mass produced jam is allowed a certain amount of crushed bugs in them.Apparently it's unavoidable that some bugs aren't washed away in the cleaning process.I might avoid jam again after writing this...

Haha I heard that too! I heard somewhere (program or book) that there's a certain amount of bodies (bugs, skins legs ect) allowed in a lot of food! lol I try not to think about it or I wouldnt eat
This was on my wall lastnight!!

31978709-tcgLV.jpgI've moved out!
LeahsMintytoutou3 h, 58 m ago

This was on my wall lastnight!! [Image] I've …This was on my wall lastnight!! [Image] I've moved out!

If you wrap some kitchen roll over the nozzle of a vacuum cleaner and secure it with a rubber band, you can use this to grab unwanted guests. Stick nozzle out window, suction off = unharmed animal outside and good karma for you
Cr0m6 m ago

If you wrap some kitchen roll over the nozzle of a vacuum cleaner and …If you wrap some kitchen roll over the nozzle of a vacuum cleaner and secure it with a rubber band, you can use this to grab unwanted guests. Stick nozzle out window, suction off = unharmed animal outside and good karma for you

Cr0m6 m ago

If you wrap some kitchen roll over the nozzle of a vacuum cleaner and …If you wrap some kitchen roll over the nozzle of a vacuum cleaner and secure it with a rubber band, you can use this to grab unwanted guests. Stick nozzle out window, suction off = unharmed animal outside and good karma for you

This was on my wall lastnight!!

534799609-1505375983.jpgI've moved out!

I've never heard that one before! Think that's too complicated for me, I'm too lazy lol I just got a wine glass over it and it did a bomb drop into it and a let it out in my neighbours garden lol probs already found its way back into my house

dont know what I did to make this comment come out all weird, I just went on quote
Edited by: "LeahsMintytoutou" 14th Sep 2017
Q: What's worse than finding a worm in your apple?
A: Finding half of a worm in your apple.
LeahsMintytoutou12th Sep

Lol yeah I read somewhere that it's rubbish as the spiders would feel our …Lol yeah I read somewhere that it's rubbish as the spiders would feel our breath and run away, not towards it

They may react differently according to the breath in question.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants