Air conditioning installation: process, AC brand, London installer?

Found 1st Feb
Our flat gets horribly hot in summer and reflective curtains, fans and cooler sadly hardly make a difference.

Could anyone advise on the process (e.g. council and freeholder approval) and recommend an AC brand and installer?

- We are looking for a wall mounted model as we don't have much ceiling height to spare
- The quieter, the better
- No need for heating feature

Many thanks!

4 Comments

Mitsubishi was recommended to us to replace LG which were completely unreliable with very poor warranty service.

So far perfect so not tested Mitsubishi backup!

Original Poster

developers

Mitsubishi was recommended to us to replace LG which were completely … Mitsubishi was recommended to us to replace LG which were completely unreliable with very poor warranty service.So far perfect so not tested Mitsubishi backup!

Thanks, I'll definitely look into Mitsubishi models!

I'm new to air conditioning and clueless about the brands. Until recently, I had only heard of Daikin...

Should you be happy with your AC installer, please share his/her name here too (if in or around London)

Sorry no local installation experience. Have you considered portable units if you don't own the property.

Original Poster

developers

Sorry no local installation experience. Have you considered portable … Sorry no local installation experience. Have you considered portable units if you don't own the property.

We are leaseholders. We have already mentioned to the freeholder that we were keen on getting AC but he has requested more installation details before forming an opinion.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522888
    2. Add one, leave one game54415470
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428414665
    4. Xbox One X Console £385 (in-store) @ Interdiscount (Swiss-France borders)23

See more discussions