Found 27th Jun 2009
Anyone got any experience of using an air cooler, not an air conditioner. Can't afford an air conditioner but wondered whether an air cooler is worth it or is just a waste of time?
Thanks

1. Misc
  2. Air Con
8 Comments

Interested in this also, I was SOOOOOOOOO hot last night

Original Poster

yeh, they're half price in homebase at the mo too but cant afford to waste any money if theyre not going to work :-(

why not ask for a demonstration in homebase? ask them to set it up in a room and see if you notice the difference whilst in there.
Otherwise buy it, try it and if it doesnt work how you expected take it back

Original Poster

JasonMason;5602811

why not ask for a demonstration in homebase? ask them to set it up in a … why not ask for a demonstration in homebase? ask them to set it up in a room and see if you notice the difference whilst in there.Otherwise buy it, try it and if it doesnt work how you expected take it back

You haven't been to my homebase! Do you really think they'll do that? Would be great if they did but can't see it happening with the group of chavs that work there :-(

2nd option might be worth it as long as they will take it back, thanks

Could just get a fan, when i went to bennets last week they had all fans half price.

Original Poster

Nick_;5602830

Could just get a fan, when i went to bennets last week they had all fans … Could just get a fan, when i went to bennets last week they had all fans half price.

that's what i'm wondering, whether an air cooler will be any better than an a fan??

SunTzu;5602820

You haven't been to my homebase! Do you really think they'll do that? … You haven't been to my homebase! Do you really think they'll do that? Would be great if they did but can't see it happening with the group of chavs that work there :-(2nd option might be worth it as long as they will take it back, thanks

Speak to someone on the customer service desk and explain that befor you buy you want to see one in action as you're undecided over an air cooler, air conditioner and a fan.
they will likely already have one on display and in this harsh economic climate a shop should be going out of its way to get a sale such as this.

On the other hand ive got a large desk fan (very quiet actually) that i place at the bottom of my bedroom and that makes a really nice cool breeze (and only cost me £11)

Banned

Bought a Homebase's air cooler last month, within a week , a horrible noise coming out off the aircooler. Did a internet research and bingo!!.............. They knew a few batch of them was like that, that is why they are selling it HALF PRICE...................I quickly went for a FULL refund , not exchange!!!!!:x
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. BBC4 Vietnam War65
    2. Aliexpress - To be trusted?45
    3. With or without cream?56
    4. Mobile WiFi calling?44

See more discussions