Expired

Air Duster Can Compressed Gas - CHEAPEST?

12 replies
Found 1st May 2007
This stuff saved my cpu from burning out yesterday because the heat sink was so clogged with dust!!

Now in def going to keep a stock of it at hand!!!

Its amazing how much comes out of the case def recommend to give it a quick blast regularly!!

But is quite expensive and very strange that u are effectively buying canned air so does anyone know of a cheap supplier please?

13 Comments

SVP have them for £3.63 each. I agree, the price of these things is outrageous :x
Maplin usually charges £9.27 which is an effing joke. Currently, they are on special for £5.99. HTH.

Trade price is less than a quid as well...

Isn't possible to get a refillable canister that you can pump up with a bike or car tyre pump? Actually if I get a brand new garden sprayer and pump it up then wouldn't it have the same effect?

MrShed

Trade price is less than a quid as well...

Yeah, exactly. You'd be better to use a good hair blower on the cold setting to tell the truth. I would just about stretch to the SVP price, but they tend to splurt liquid out sometimes so no good for electricals IMO.
Air dusters are a complete and utter rip-off.

...or taking things to the extreme... buy an air compressor.... of just go to your local garage and use theirs....

I agree they are expensive, but they are designed for spaying on very sensitive electronic circuits so that is why they tend to cost. I'd be wary of ones costing under a £1 even for trade, what brand are they?
Rapid tend to be fairly priced, and all of their air dusters (quite an extensive range) are in the region of £4 - £5 per 200ml.

rapidonline.com/sea…ter

Oh actually I'm wrong - £3.49 + VAT cost to us for Servisol brand...

Best thing to do is look for cheapest decent 400ml can then I guess, they are (a little bit) better value than the 200ml ones. The SVP deal looks pretty good...

400ml cans are £3.99 at Ebuyer. Not suggesting that you spend £30 on the stuff but if buying other things Google Checkout would reduce the overall cost: ebuyer.com/UK/…564

Original Poster

thanks guy!!

well thanks to the forums!!! i want stuff from both svp and ebuyer so i should think my card will take another hit!!

lol!!

:thumbsup:

cheekywelshguy

thanks guy!! well thanks to the forums!!! i want stuff from both svp and … thanks guy!! well thanks to the forums!!! i want stuff from both svp and ebuyer so i should think my card will take another hit!!lol!!:thumbsup:

just use a dyson and suck it out

Daytrader

just use a dyson and suck it out

:? ....er....dont.

MrShed

:? ....er....dont.

i been doing it for 5 years now works great for me, use at your own risk acourse
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition59608
    2. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers11
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums33
    4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…33

See more discussions