Groups

Air Fryer

Please can anyone on here suggest / recommend a decent practical air fryer under £100 with good reviews and possible links please I say £100 but the lower the better after a bargain one really but not convinced Black Friday or Cyber Monday where the best times to buy. Thank you in advance

16 Comments

I've got the Philips one - was on offer in tesco, £63ish this week. Ordered one for the mother in law - highly recommend it!

Argos one 69.99 Philips
    Lidl has one own brand for 59.99

I got the Tefal Actifry 2 in 1 1.5kg but that was about £168. you might want to check this one out looks decent and about £66 on amazon.

I've got the Philips one, currently £69.99 at Argos and worth every penny. I wouldn't swap it for any other brand.

argos.co.uk/pro…709

another phillips recommendation we got ours off amazon on a lightning deal.

Original Poster

Thank's for the suggestions so far can you tell me the Phillips fryer does it have a separator in the basket as I noticed some phillips ones do so you can cook two different items at the same time

bay45

Thank's for the suggestions so far can you tell me the Phillips fryer … Thank's for the suggestions so far can you tell me the Phillips fryer does it have a separator in the basket as I noticed some phillips ones do so you can cook two different items at the same time

Mine doesn't - I can't tell you if the more recent models do but I suspect not. I've had mine about 18 months.

you can't go wrong with one of these..
    amazon.co.uk/Bre…LC8
    thrown everything at it from chips, to fish fingers and believe it or not, pizza (sliced it first).. currently on offer.
    Edited by: "GR2" 29th Nov 2016

My philips one is about 5 years old and has a removable seperator. I think they're great.

This is not a fryer but fan assisted oven as it does not move food. The good ones are from tefal actifry and Breville halo as they actually move food instead of opening closing again to move food and waste time and energy.

GR2

you can't go wrong with one of these.. … you can't go wrong with one of these.. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Breville-VDF105-Halo-Health-Fryer/dp/B00KIO2LC8thrown everything at it from chips, to fish fingers and believe it or not, pizza (sliced it first).. currently on offer.

​This is very good. I recommend it but not the Philips rubbish above.

Original Poster

so it's a toss up between the Breville Halo plus and the Phillips HD9220/ so which one and where best to buy?

Original Poster

Is it just the name Phillips that sells this product or is it the fact it's purely a air fryer! is the breville a air fryer or Simply a halogen heating method which is best for cooking?

sam_of_london

This is not a fryer but fan assisted oven as it does not move food. The … This is not a fryer but fan assisted oven as it does not move food. The good ones are from tefal actifry and Breville halo as they actually move food instead of opening closing again to move food and waste time and energy.

By moving the food you mean "mush". Had 3 maybe 4 Actifry over the years because every single one broke always would have sang it's praises (though recommended to buy in Argos with an extended warranty!). Last time Argos said about the many issues with returns and suggested replacing with a Morphy Richards Health Fryer and never looked back really do recommend over the Actifry's.
    3Kg Capacity also.
    Philips - 0.8Kg
    Breville - 1.2 kg
    Actifry - 1.2kg/1.5kg (depends on model)

MR Health Fryer (Touch screen)- Currys £69

[img]brain-images.cdn.dixons.com/5/1…jpg?_ga=1.114648896.678591920.1415473931[/img]

Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 29th Nov 2016

No moving means uneven or uncooked food in centre. I don't care about cooking quantity alone. Quality matters more and moving food means even cooking. If moving parts break down like in all things in life, they need extended warranty.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free pr subsidised loft insulation -not in benefits22
      2. help: windows 10 wifi issue68
      3. Help sought - Cheap(est) smartphone with Standard SIM for short period of u…55
      4. Dashcam question33

See more discussions