Air Norwegian - Long Haul

Found 27th Jun
Just wondering anyone has flown with Air Norwegian on a long haul flight before and if so what their experience was like?

I'm flying with them to New York thus summer and understand you have to pay for things like blankets, headphones and water. Do you get provided with other drinks though that you don't have to pay for?

Do you have to pay for in-flight entertainment also And is it true that if you don't book a meal in advance you won't get one?

Thanks in Advance
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Long haul new york is not long haul it’s only 7 hours
4 hour and half to cyprus pretty good, clientel was better then easyjet's always been ontime over the years unlike easyjet, also wifi on plane on my flights
Infractionboi1 m ago

Pretty sure that’s long haul from uk to New York
I’m not being funny but shouldn’t you be asking these questions before purchasing the flight...
Edited by: "karlypants" 27th Jun
Depends where your flying from as Gatwick on a 787 to JFK will be a lot better than Edinburgh, Belfast etc on a 737 max to an airport in the middle of nowhere
I did 12 and half hours to Singapore it's not that bad as long as you bring food water and headphones! The choice of inflight entertainment isn't great so go don't get your hopes up
Infractionboi1 h, 22 m ago

Any flight over 6hours is technically classed as long haul, if the airline provide a meal its usualy an indicator that they do, although some airlines stretch it to over 8rs.
I've flown to Florida with Norwegian twice in a Dreamliner, nice comfortable plane, not sure what they use on the New York run.
All the info you need is on the Norwegian website but briefly;
They don't provide a meal unless you order and pay 72 hours in advance, nor do they provide any free drinks, they may give you a free glass of water if you ask but its best to bring your own. If you don't order a meal there is an onboard snack bar for drinks and light meals, the menu is accessed via the entertainment system, you order, pay with your credit card and they bring it to your seat, or you can bring your own food.
The entertainment system is free but they charge for headphones and a blanket if you need one.
Overall it was a pleasant experience and I would happily do it again but you need to plan in advance... bring your own headphones, buy a couple of bottles of water in the terminal, and think about what you're going to do about food. Have a nice trip.
Delbert.Grady10 h, 51 m ago

I've flown to Florida with Norwegian twice in a Dreamliner, nice …I've flown to Florida with Norwegian twice in a Dreamliner, nice comfortable plane, not sure what they use on the New York run.All the info you need is on the Norwegian website but briefly;They don't provide a meal unless you order and pay 72 hours in advance, nor do they provide any free drinks, they may give you a free glass of water if you ask but its best to bring your own. If you don't order a meal there is an onboard snack bar for drinks and light meals, the menu is accessed via the entertainment system, you order, pay with your credit card and they bring it to your seat, or you can bring your own food.The entertainment system is free but they charge for headphones and a blanket if you need one.Overall it was a pleasant experience and I would happily do it again but you need to plan in advance... bring your own headphones, buy a couple of bottles of water in the terminal, and think about what you're going to do about food. Have a nice trip.

on these fairly short flights like this to New York / Miami personally I would suggest eating before you get on the plane spend a bit at the airport to have a decent meal rather than the "food" they serve in cattle class and then just have a few snacks for the plane much better eating at the airport if you can borrow/ purchase some noise cancelling headphones they will make your flight much more pleasant
Edited by: "Infractionboi" 28th Jun
I flew to Stewart Airport and took the coach into NYC. I wanted to visit my son in NYC for a few days. I had a carry on bag only, took my own pack up and fruit, with water from the airport, and a tablet with headphones for reading and a movie. Connecting to their Dublin flight with US Immigration pre-clearence, and returning via Edinburgh, I think we were on a 737 max.

It was fine, with reasonably spaced seats on a very modern, clean plane. Coach into NYC was a bit dingy. As for 'normal' airline food. What I saw of the pre ordered dinners was similar to what I've eaten on other transatlantic flights. I didn't miss it!

They do offer sandwiches and snacks on the flight.

For the price I'll do it again.
My only issue with Norwegian is that there’s a very real chance of there being an issue with your aircraft at the moment. They’re having real trouble with the engines on their 787s and as a result are having to set lease other aircraft in, often which aren’t quite as new or a 787.

Also, if there’s an issue with an aircraft that’s down the line, they may not have another available to get you home. I know the likes of BA aren’t great, but if there’s an issue at somewhere like JFK, hey have several flights every day or at least they have more chance of getting a seat home on one of the other One World airlines.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants