Air quality

Posted 29th Mar
Is anyone noticing an improvement in air quality now there is a reduction of traffic on the roads.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
I’ve not been leaving the house so I wouldn’t notice.
Think considering the empty beans aisles the ozone is going to be taking a battering
Sunday afternoons are back to how they were 25 years ago before Sunday trading laws were changed.
Lock down another 5 years, there would be salmons and dolphins, sea turtles and mermaid coming to the Thames.
31 Comments
Yes 100%. I live in a small town out in the country and the roads are dead. Also, a lot more larger wildlife around and not just the usual spring increase.
Yep it's lovely.
Lock down another 5 years, there would be salmons and dolphins, sea turtles and mermaid coming to the Thames.
I wonder if the grounded planes are having an impact too.
I saw a 🦄 and a Womble yesterday!
Some of the quieter moments remind me of the movie I am Legend. All we need is quarantine zombies
Yeah, it's so clean it's making me cough...
I took a big breath in... To be honest I couldn't tell the slightest but if difference.
bozo00729/03/2020 13:45

Some of the quieter moments remind me of the movie I am Legend. All we …Some of the quieter moments remind me of the movie I am Legend. All we need is quarantine zombies

The panic buyers are the zombies
Too scared to inhale!
No change
Think considering the empty beans aisles the ozone is going to be taking a battering
Sunday afternoons are back to how they were 25 years ago before Sunday trading laws were changed.
Having near empty roads is one of a few positives from this situation.
Cycling has been amazing.
No change as I'm luckily in a semi rural area. However the icecaps have probably started refreezing.
ChelseaRae29/03/2020 13:20

Agreed
I haven't got the equipment to measure air quality but i have noticed the background noise pollution has greatly decreased.
dale.harperEGV29/03/2020 14:28

Sunday afternoons are back to how they were 25 years ago before Sunday …Sunday afternoons are back to how they were 25 years ago before Sunday trading laws were changed.

Wouldn't hurt now to shut all shops on a Sunday.
richp29/03/2020 15:19

Wouldn't hurt now to shut all shops on a Sunday.

Agreed, but it would probably encourage more panic buying
deleted1793537
splender29/03/2020 13:34

Lock down another 5 years, there would be salmons and dolphins, sea …Lock down another 5 years, there would be salmons and dolphins, sea turtles and mermaid coming to the Thames.

I've got a Winix air purifier and normally it ramps up the power level the moment I open a window in my city centre flat. Not any more!
Derek_Fortescue_Shatwell29/03/2020 14:51

Having near empty roads is one of a few positives from this …Having near empty roads is one of a few positives from this situation.Cycling has been amazing.

yeah, i've been cycling to the supermarkets and it is really eerie to cycle through the empty streets. you feel the emptiness even more on a bike than walking. really is surreal. i will never forget the images of this year for the rest of my life.
Next the government will be blaming Coronavirus on cooling down the planet
mutley129/03/2020 16:35

yeah, i've been cycling to the supermarkets and it is really eerie to …yeah, i've been cycling to the supermarkets and it is really eerie to cycle through the empty streets. you feel the emptiness even more on a bike than walking. really is surreal. i will never forget the images of this year for the rest of my life.

Generally speaking, do Supermarkets allow people to take their bikes into the stores?
ashmac29/03/2020 17:45

Next the government will be blaming Coronavirus on cooling down the planet

Would you blame a doctor for alleviating the symptoms of a disease?
dale.harperEGV29/03/2020 14:28

Sunday afternoons are back to how they were 25 years ago before Sunday …Sunday afternoons are back to how they were 25 years ago before Sunday trading laws were changed.

The difference between then and now is we have a month of Sunday afternoons.
splender29/03/2020 13:34

Lock down another 5 years, there would be salmons and dolphins, sea …Lock down another 5 years, there would be salmons and dolphins, sea turtles and mermaid coming to the Thames.

Already I’ve seen reports that the air and water quality around the world has improved in a big way.
Derek_Fortescue_Shatwell29/03/2020 18:11

Generally speaking, do Supermarkets allow people to take their bikes into …Generally speaking, do Supermarkets allow people to take their bikes into the stores?

the shops don't allow bikes inside the store! but they have bike racks outside for cyclists, where you can lock your bike up. i tend to go shopping by bike rather than by car as i hate driving but i love cycling.
splender29/03/2020 18:41

The difference between then and now is we have a month of Sunday …The difference between then and now is we have a month of Sunday afternoons.

That depends - some of us are working from home. In which case, it's no Sunday afternoon.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions