Air tent

Found 16th Jul
Hi, can someone recommend me a decent air tent (4person), I'm currently looking at the berghaus air 4?

First time camper so any help would be appreciated thanks.
Community Updates
21 Comments
If you do go for it, then using code SIZZLER will get a further ~ £90 (20%) off it here: millets.co.uk/ten…tml
34378355-NplW6.jpgthis is mine late last week. Quechua from decathlon. I think it retails at about £200 but I got it for about £80 from a deal on here last year. Piece of cake to erect and take down
decathlon.co.uk/air…tml
This is the slightly bigger current model. Camper next to one of these. It's really quite big
Awesome info guys, anything else I should consider as a newbie?
wadz0315 m ago

Awesome info guys, anything else I should consider as a newbie?

see if you can borrow a friend's tent firstly to try camping out. Could be costly if you decide it isn't for you. Personally I love it but it isn't for everyone
psychobitchfromhell12 m ago

see if you can borrow a friend's tent firstly to try camping out. Could be …see if you can borrow a friend's tent firstly to try camping out. Could be costly if you decide it isn't for you. Personally I love it but it isn't for everyone

Not overly keen on the idea if I'm honest, but willing yo try it, Mrs n kids won't shut up about it... Lol
Edited by: "wadz03" 16th Jul
wadz0312 m ago

Not overly keen on the idea if I'm honest, but willing yo try it, Mrs n …Not overly keen on the idea if I'm honest, but willing yo try it, Mrs n kids won't shut up about it... Lol

Its cheap and fun. The thing is, if the weather is nice at the weekend you can just up sticks and go. I booked a campsite last Tuesday and we went on Thursday. Nice long weekend in a beautiful spot with sea views for £66.
psychobitchfromhell7 m ago

Its cheap and fun. The thing is, if the weather is nice at the weekend you …Its cheap and fun. The thing is, if the weather is nice at the weekend you can just up sticks and go. I booked a campsite last Tuesday and we went on Thursday. Nice long weekend in a beautiful spot with sea views for £66.

Jeez you sound just like my Mrs lol, deffo gona give it a go, just gota get all the gear now. Any tips on do and don't? Thanks
wadz035 m ago

Jeez you sound just like my Mrs lol, deffo gona give it a go, just gota …Jeez you sound just like my Mrs lol, deffo gona give it a go, just gota get all the gear now. Any tips on do and don't? Thanks

don't go all out and spend a fortune before you have given it a try. Borrow what you can at first.
You don't need to fork out a fortune on equipment. I've had good stuff from aldi and lidl. You need air beds and decent sleeping bags. I have an electric cool box. I filled it with the frozen food , some ice packs and frozen water bottles. Kept everything cold for two full days. It's worth checking out you local supermarkets this time of year for bargains. Camping tends to get reduced same time as gardening stuff. I picked up a new air bed for a fiver from Tesco last week. A two ring camping stove costs from about £30 and the gas lasts for ages. If I think of anything else I'll post it
Edited by: "psychobitchfromhell" 16th Jul
You absolutely must get a thin foam insulating mat to lie on. It goes between your sleeping bag and ground/mattress/hammock etc. Otherwise your heat leeches into the ground or air filled mattress.
Oneday771 h, 13 m ago

You absolutely must get a thin foam insulating mat to lie on. It goes …You absolutely must get a thin foam insulating mat to lie on. It goes between your sleeping bag and ground/mattress/hammock etc. Otherwise your heat leeches into the ground or air filled mattress.

Do you think so? I've never found that a problem. Mind you I find 4.5 tog duvet too warm in winter. I could sleep in a freezer. A good sleeping bag is essential though. I find an air mattress more than adequate but a mat is very cheap if you need one
Edited by: "psychobitchfromhell" 17th Jul
halfords.com/cam…new
A very good price.
argos.co.uk/pro…456
I'm not a big fan of double air beds. My late husband was much bigger than me and as the air leaked out we ended up rolling into the middle. Nowadays it's me and my half grown Labrador puppy on a single air bed. Nowhere near enough space so I'm buying one of these
I bought an Airgo Stratus from go outdoors last year. I did look at the Berghuas (and many others) but the airgo was so much better constructed. The airgo is a very well thought out design, lots of little details that make a differance, and I couldn't be happier with it. I also purchased the porch with it, which doubles the size of the tent, worth thinking about if you have kids.

Edit: see if there is a tent display near you where you can compare various makes. Some of the well known brands have taken a dip in quality over the last few years. Go and see what works for you.
Edited by: "123thisisme" 17th Jul
psychobitchfromhell9 h, 38 m ago

Do you think so? I've never found that a problem. Mind you I find 4.5 tog …Do you think so? I've never found that a problem. Mind you I find 4.5 tog duvet too warm in winter. I could sleep in a freezer. A good sleeping bag is essential though. I find an air mattress more than adequate but a mat is very cheap if you need one

When you lie on any compressible material. The air that does the insulating is pushed out, removing the barrier between you and the ground or the large pocket of air in a mattress.
It’s something I should have done years ago.
Even a foil sheet will help a little bit, conduction is worth eliminating if you can.
Oneday771 h, 37 m ago

When you lie on any compressible material. The air that does the …When you lie on any compressible material. The air that does the insulating is pushed out, removing the barrier between you and the ground or the large pocket of air in a mattress. It’s something I should have done years ago.Even a foil sheet will help a little bit, conduction is worth eliminating if you can.

I don't feel the food but a good tip for those who do
psychobitchfromhell19 h, 27 m ago

https://www.halfords.com/camping-leisure/camping/camping-cooking-equipment/halfords-double-stove-with-grill-newA very good price.http://www.argos.co.uk/product/6342456I'm not a big fan of double air beds. My late husband was much bigger than me and as the air leaked out we ended up rolling into the middle. Nowadays it's me and my half grown Labrador puppy on a single air bed. Nowhere near enough space so I'm buying one of these

I've bought that stove, does it require gas bottles? Should have picked up a regulator when I was in Halfords
Thanks guys/girls for your input, opted for a Halfords urban escape 6, at £200 ish. Should be adequate for me the Mrs and two young kids (fingers crossed).

Still a noob, learning lots.
Edited by: "wadz03" 17th Jul
wadz0315 m ago

I've bought that stove, does it require gas bottles? Should have picked up …I've bought that stove, does it require gas bottles? Should have picked up a regulator when I was in Halfords

it will require a regulator and a gas bottle. The gas lasts ages. What you do is buy a full bottle initially and then when it is empty, you take it to the nearest supplier of which there are thousands, and change it for a full one. You only pay for the gas. Glad to see you are getting in to the swing of things. This is a really good price for a stove of this size.
Edited by: "psychobitchfromhell" 17th Jul
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions