Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Airbnb booking

Posted 16th Mar
I booked a week's stay at a cottage in Wales for the beginning of August and I chose to pay 50% upfront. I got an email receipt from airbnb but it doesn't say when the final 50% will be deducted from my card.

It states that I have until 27.07.2020 to cancel and not be charged for the remaining 50% does this mean that they plan to take the remaining 50% on 27.07.2020? I would lose the existing fee.

I can't contact airbnb on their website and there doesn't seem to be a phone number that I can call to see if I can cancel the booking.

Anyone know if I can get the money back through s75 on my credit card as we have been advised to avoid all unnecessary travel?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
Unnecessary travel for the next 12 weeks I think and your booking is after that, its down to each company if and when they will cancel
Arto16/03/2020 18:32

Unnecessary travel for the next 12 weeks I think and your booking is after …Unnecessary travel for the next 12 weeks I think and your booking is after that, its down to each company if and when they will cancel

yeah. i have until 27.07.2020 to cancel the remaining 50% so i may wait until then as things may change and if so they will allow free cancellation like they are doing now for imminent check ins. i just wanted to ask them when they are going to take the rest of the money from my card as i want to block it so i don't have to take the money back from them.

can i block a future request by calling my credit card if i can't contact airbnb?
You can block nothing. You booked it, you pay for it ift here are no restrictions set by the government.
It also depends on the cancellation policy of the place you have booked. Check on the place you have booked on the Airbnb site and it should easily explain their individual cancellation policy.
Edited by: "Alexandralocks" 16th Mar
Alexandralocks16/03/2020 20:19

It also depends on the cancellation policy of the place you have booked. …It also depends on the cancellation policy of the place you have booked. Check on the place you have booked on the Airbnb site and it should easily explain their individual cancellation policy.

the cancellation policy is 50% refund if i cancel before 27.07.2020 and so if i do so before that date they won't charge me the 50% remaining balance. however it doesn't seem to state on the airbn receipt that i got when the remaining balance would be taken. their website indicates that this should be stated on the receipt but it isn't on the one i got.

when i booked it did say when the final payment would be taken at the checkout page but i have forgotten the date that was stated and there is no mention on the receipt of that date.

i can't contact airbnb to ask them.
mutley116/03/2020 20:31

the cancellation policy is 50% refund if i cancel before 27.07.2020 and so …the cancellation policy is 50% refund if i cancel before 27.07.2020 and so if i do so before that date they won't charge me the 50% remaining balance. however it doesn't seem to state on the airbn receipt that i got when the remaining balance would be taken. their website indicates that this should be stated on the receipt but it isn't on the one i got.when i booked it did say when the final payment would be taken at the checkout page but i have forgotten the date that was stated and there is no mention on the receipt of that date.i can't contact airbnb to ask them.

Still have awhile to go before your cancellation date..

Why can't you contact airbnb?? I closed my account so can't remember if they have made it harder to contact them. What about on Twitter they should be able to look into it further for you with your booking reference..
Alexandralocks16/03/2020 20:35

Still have awhile to go before your cancellation date.. Why can't you …Still have awhile to go before your cancellation date.. Why can't you contact airbnb?? I closed my account so can't remember if they have made it harder to contact them. What about on Twitter they should be able to look into it further for you with your booking reference..

there is no phone number that i can call. it is a chat only and there is no one there, just a chatbot saying the queue will be long but it doesn't like i have joined any queue as it just stays on that page and nothing. i waited for about 30 minutes this afternon and no one came into the chat session.

update - just saw a phone number at the bottom of my receipt. will give them a call tomorrow and see if i can get to speak to anyone.
Edited by: "mutley1" 16th Mar
mutley116/03/2020 20:53

there is no phone number that i can call. it is a chat only and there is …there is no phone number that i can call. it is a chat only and there is no one there, just a chatbot saying the queue will be long but it doesn't like i have joined any queue as it just stays on that page and nothing. i waited for about 30 minutes this afternon and no one came into the chat session.update - just saw a phone number at the bottom of my receipt. will give them a call tomorrow and see if i can get to speak to anyone.

Just keep trying I was on hold to PayPal over an hour earlier only to get cut off before getting through. Hope you get it all sorted
eslick16/03/2020 22:28

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8117931/Almost-Airbnb-customers-cancel-free-coronavirus.html

yeah. there is a deal on this site that flagged this up, but it only applies to check in within the next few weeks. i may have to wait until nearer the time for airbnb to update the future dates.
managed to get in touch with airbnb this morning as their webchat has worked again. i have until 18.07.2020 to cancel the holiday and not have to pay the remaining 50% but I would lose the existing 50% pyament unless their policy on cancellation changes in future. i don't know if things are going to get any better in 4 months or worse.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants