Groups

Airline flight changes

This week I was able to order some furniture over the internet and then cancel it relatively quickly before it had been delivered. No loss to anyone involved.

When you buying insurance etc you have a cooling off period.

Why is it then that when you buy airline tickets months in advance but then you need to change your plans they do not let you cancel or change the booking without hefty additional charges and penalties?

Am I missing something.

3 Comments

Supermod

Look up the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.

You have a cooling off period with most things but with some types of financial product purchases they can in some (limited) circumstances state that the agreement is not covered under the Distance Selling Regulations. This would be for transactions which deal with the fluctuation of currencies etc.

I do not know the definitive answer to your point but check the above regulations and the terms in the contract to see what it says.

Banned

air fares are excluded as they are subject to market forces a lot more and prices vary from hour to hour.

Original Poster

csiman;8827174

air fares are excluded as they are subject to market forces a lot more … air fares are excluded as they are subject to market forces a lot more and prices vary from hour to hour.

I don't mind stumping up for any variation in price and I can even see a case of a time limit before the flights are due. However I can not see how charging £27.50 per person - per flight change can be justified when tickets have not even been issued. It is just taking full advantage of any opportunity to make money at someone's disadvantage. What happened to lets try to accommodate a customer?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What will £250 get me second hand mobile66
      2. New a camera to keep track of my Demintina Mother78
      3. Info on Browns Family Jewellers34
      4. Cheapest way to obtain Microsoft Office?77

See more discussions