Airline ticket refund assistance

Posted 24th Mar
Hi there, i wonder if anyone could offer some advice/tips on how to get some airline ticket refunded. We had a trip booked to go to the US on June 1st this year. Obviously with all it is going on right now, this is not going to happen. I booked the tickets for 5 people via Kiwi.com, the airlines is Virgin airlines, all i have is the booking reference from Kiwi, and the e-tickets numbers. I have tried to contact Kiwi and Virgin but i just cannot get through via phone, i have emailed them both but still have not received a reply, this was quite a few days ago (i realise that they are mega busy). Shall i wait nearer to the departure to attempt cancelling the trip (as far as i know this will be canceled anyway). Or is there any other way to get my refund, maybe via the credit card i have used? Thanks for any advice
J
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
Ask on Facebook as a lot of companies are on there
Misslovely24/03/2020 10:48

Ask on Facebook as a lot of companies are on there

Thanks just wrote them a message through Messenger but i am not holding my breath. Thanks anyway
J
Very clear what to do here kiwi.com/en/…155

By the way, on top this this page, "The coronavirus has created a wave of cancellation requests that the travel industry has never seen before."

That's a lie, every disease outbreak this century and last century caused a wave of cancellation!
splender24/03/2020 11:08

Very clear what to do here …Very clear what to do here https://www.kiwi.com/en/?help=/faq/search/article/155By the way, on top this this page, "The coronavirus has created a wave of cancellation requests that the travel industry has never seen before."That's a lie, every disease outbreak this century and last century caused a wave of cancellation!

Yes i went to Kiwi.com site and clicked on Refund and Cancellation via my booking, the "Instant refund by Kiwi.com" is not working, the second option is to pay $21.71 for an assisted refund, but it can take up to 6 months and are not guaranteed and will also lose the fee.
Actually i just went to Virgin Atlantic Facebook page and messaged them and got an immediate automatic reply saying
=================================================
Currently it is taking longer to get through to us and so we really appreciate your patience.

Due to the amount of customers trying to get in touch, we are prioritising customers who are travelling over the next 72 hours. We may ask you to message us at a later date if your query isn't imminent.

We have a flexible booking policy in place so you can change your flight, with no fees, to anytime before 30 April 2021. You will need to get in touch with us via SMS or call: virg.in/Con…act
=================================================
This reassure me as we will probably try to re-book later on, that's all i wanted to know really
jeannot1824/03/2020 11:22

Yes i went to Kiwi.com site and clicked on Refund and Cancellation via my …Yes i went to Kiwi.com site and clicked on Refund and Cancellation via my booking, the "Instant refund by Kiwi.com" is not working, the second option is to pay $21.71 for an assisted refund, but it can take up to 6 months and are not guaranteed and will also lose the fee.Actually i just went to Virgin Atlantic Facebook page and messaged them and got an immediate automatic reply saying =================================================Currently it is taking longer to get through to us and so we really appreciate your patience.Due to the amount of customers trying to get in touch, we are prioritising customers who are travelling over the next 72 hours. We may ask you to message us at a later date if your query isn't imminent. We have a flexible booking policy in place so you can change your flight, with no fees, to anytime before 30 April 2021. You will need to get in touch with us via SMS or call: https://virg.in/Contact=================================================This reassure me as we will probably try to re-book later on, that's all i wanted to know really

Never buy from an agent, pay more and buy direct with airline. Your rights and service are less with an agent, if you had a cheaper ticket.

I don't know if this applies to you, at Virgin, "This process is for only for bookings made directly with Virgin Atlantic. If you’ve booked through Virgin Holidays, or through another website or travel agent, please contact them for your options."
Edited by: "splender" 24th Mar
splender24/03/2020 11:25

Never buy from an agent, pay more and buy direct with airline. Your rights …Never buy from an agent, pay more and buy direct with airline. Your rights and service are less with an agent, if you had a cheaper ticket.

Yes i know, lesson learnt
I've saved that much money buying through online travel agents over the years I could afford to take a hit. Only book direct with airlines if the price difference is minimal ( less than £50). Would have thought it was a bit early to be trying to cancel flights for June anyway, the flights may actually happen. No one knows what will happen next week never mind June.
Daughter booked Ryanair flights through Kiwi.com. Ryanair has refunded Kiwi in full for cancelled flights, Kiwi offered her 10%(£30) They have also changed their policy now refund is kiwi credit.
Reviews are terrible uk.trustpilot.com/rev…=en
Edited by: "ellenw" 24th Mar
ellenw24/03/2020 17:16

Daughter booked Ryanair flights through Kiwi.com. Ryanair has refunded …Daughter booked Ryanair flights through Kiwi.com. Ryanair has refunded Kiwi in full for cancelled flights, Kiwi offered her 10%(£30) They have also changed their policy now refund is kiwi credit.Reviews are terrible https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/kiwi.com?languages=en

Yes I regret using them now, they tried to con us by charging us for suitcases on hold when they were included in the price. I had to argue on the phone when i was telling them that Virgin Atlantic told us that we were entitled hold luggages. They eventually refunded me the price for 2 suitcases
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants