Airpod Alternative

Posted 21st Jun
My daughter uses her airpods a lot during the day and has had them for about 2 years.

She lost one of the airpods and I bought another from ebay.

The battery on one is no longer charging and the other keeps its charge for about 45 minutes only.

I have googled this and you can not replace the battery on the airpods.

Apple with "service" the airpods for £45 each. (They take the old ones and give you new ones)

Is there a cheaper alternative to airpods which have good sound and good battery life, but also work well with apple phones?

Thankyou
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
if she's used them for 2 years and got use out of them £90 for new ones seem reasonable, if she handt lost she may of got a bit longer than 2 years even.
there are some good alternatives but if you use siri with them i would go with the replacments...
I would definitely stick with airpods
Never used AirPods, might try the pro’s some day as the normal pods are the style of in ear I hate.

Been using Jabra Elite Active 65t and they are great. Maybe not everyone’s idea of for style but work perfectly fine for me. Think I saw Costco doing a set, maybe not elite for £90.
I’m using an iPhone 11 and previously an iPhone 8. Never any issues with pairing. Normally connected before I can get both in my ears.

Did have some cheap Mpow’s before. Again worked but pairing could be problematic at times.
Don't forget you can buy a single replacement airpod from Apple for £65
support.apple.com/en-…ice

As it is, wife & I are using the Tronsmart airPod lookalikes currently at £30 a pair. Near disposable price but honestly sound is comparable with wired earPods. Battery life about 4 hours and the advantage for me, with phone in belt holster, is I can adjust volume with a tap - can't do that with airPods.
hotukdeals.com/dea…435

I'd still fancy airPods tbh, but that volume control thing is a dealbreaker for me.
Edited by: "harrythefish" 22nd Jun
I have genuine AirPods and have tried a lot of the false alternatives, none of them sound or feel anywhere near as good as the originals.
Oneday7721/06/2020 15:48

Never used AirPods, might try the pro’s some day as the normal pods are t …Never used AirPods, might try the pro’s some day as the normal pods are the style of in ear I hate. Been using Jabra Elite Active 65t and they are great. Maybe not everyone’s idea of for style but work perfectly fine for me. Think I saw Costco doing a set, maybe not elite for £90. I’m using an iPhone 11 and previously an iPhone 8. Never any issues with pairing. Normally connected before I can get both in my ears. Did have some cheap Mpow’s before. Again worked but pairing could be problematic at times.

I'd quite like to get a decent set of Airpod clones - personally I hate the mushroom in ear type. But no real need for them until I end up back in the office, which the way things are going may be never.
Post a comment
@
    Text