AirPods (John Lewis 2 year guarantee)

Posted 27th Nov
I’m looking to purchase AirPods Pro and keen to understand the likely outcome of this situation:

If I go into John Lewis 18 months after buying AirPods from them and say that the battery life is significantly reduced, what are they likely to do?

There is no battery diagnostic test they can run to verify the battery health. So will they likely just take my word and swap out?

I just want to ensure that the battery is not done come the 2 year mark (like my originals are). If I need to buy AppleCare to essentially guarantee a swap, I will do so - since you tend to get benefit of the doubt with AppleCare.

Many thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
In my experience you just have to take them back to Apple. They’ll sort out any warranty issues regardless where you bought it from.

If that’s not possible, John Lewis are pretty good at customer service, so they’ll probably give you a new pair
They won’t they send them to their repair centre who’ll somehow comeback and say they are ok - I had the same with some beats and John Lewis were hopeless to be honest
After 1st year apple will charge for any work. Second year warranty is with john lewis
iang00727/11/2019 07:07

They won’t they send them to their repair centre who’ll somehow comeback an …They won’t they send them to their repair centre who’ll somehow comeback and say they are ok - I had the same with some beats and John Lewis were hopeless to be honest

Agree ,years ago JL would probably swap but now they tend to send stuff for repair.
Edited by: "yorkie12" 27th Nov

They won’t they send them to their repair centre who’ll somehow comeback an …They won’t they send them to their repair centre who’ll somehow comeback and say they are ok - I had the same with some beats and John Lewis were hopeless to be honest

Thanks for the response - this is exactly what I envisage happening.
yorkie1227/11/2019 07:21

Agree ,years ago JL would probably swap but now they tend to send stuff …Agree ,years ago JL would probably swap but now they tend to send stuff for repair.

Thanks, that’s what I’ve generally heard as well - more and more items being sent away to repair centres and long wait times.
P3t27/11/2019 07:31

Thanks, that’s what I’ve generally heard as well - more and more items bei …Thanks, that’s what I’ve generally heard as well - more and more items being sent away to repair centres and long wait times.

Yes , they told my mate his( £430) microwave could take up to 28 days to repair and he also had to drop at JL store even though he's bought online.
I bought the pros with applecare from apple for the same reason, I thought about getting them from JL but the last time I had an issue with an apple product bought from there apple weren't as helpful as when I got it directly from them - admittedly it was out of warranty, but my iphone that I bought from apple got swapped after 2 years for a faulty battery, but the same phone with the same fault from John Lewis apple wouldn't touch

Snap. Had the same problem with my beats x. After the 3rd pair became faulty within a year I just bit the bullet, flogged them on the cheap and bought the 2nd gen AirPods from them instead.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions