AirPods Pro at 02 (Students Only) from 30.10.19

Posted 28th Oct
As you may know, 02 offer a 20% discount for accessories. So this would make the AirPod pros £200 instead of the £250 RRP. Brilliant deal if you know a student! This does work as I got my last pair through this method!

Will be live from the 30th of October in store and possibly online.
Community Updates

Groups

35 Comments
Basic AirPods only £127 with this code too . Great offer
Ooft, if you're a student and buying these you're nuts unless your mum and dad are rich.

That's a LOT of cheap student, watered down booze.
TheBlueRaja28/10/2019 17:33

Ooft, if you're a student and buying these you're nuts unless your mum and …Ooft, if you're a student and buying these you're nuts unless your mum and dad are rich.That's a LOT of cheap student, watered down booze.

Actually I see a lot of students with nice technology. Admittedly I do work/study in engineering and technology. The amount they now pay it tuition fees and how reliant most work is on computing many invest well. I think the days of partying students living on 6p beans is far less common then when I first went to university.
cantonbean28/10/2019 17:41

Actually I see a lot of students with nice technology. Admittedly I do …Actually I see a lot of students with nice technology. Admittedly I do work/study in engineering and technology. The amount they now pay it tuition fees and how reliant most work is on computing many invest well. I think the days of partying students living on 6p beans is far less common then when I first went to university.

Time to put up tuition fees then...
TheBlueRaja28/10/2019 17:43

Time to put up tuition fees then...

They are bloody enough already! Most work as well bless them..
cantonbean28/10/2019 17:43

They are bloody enough already! Most work as well bless them..

They wouldn't have to of the didn't buy these.
Thanks for posting @Xboxgamer321
As they are not yet up for order on this we've moved this to our discussion section. Once live flag this for us and we'll review then look to move this back to deals.
Would this just be limited to one transaction or multiple?
Why would anyone want these when you could have Bose or Sony for a similar price?
Zaphod9928/10/2019 18:14

Why would anyone want these when you could have Bose or Sony for a similar …Why would anyone want these when you could have Bose or Sony for a similar price?

There not even out yet so how can you compare?
O2 don't get them for weeks after for some reason like all the other ones
xtreme12328/10/2019 19:01

O2 don't get them for weeks after for some reason like all the other ones

Why is that? How do you know?
They cancelled my AirPod order
Rathaniel28/10/2019 20:56

Why is that? How do you know?

Happened with first and second gen
Or they get them on credit, I remember the first thing I was offered at the freshers fair was a credit card!!!
xtreme12328/10/2019 23:22

Happened with first and second gen

Ah that sucks, hope it's soon soon
indywooda29/10/2019 05:51

Or they get them on credit, I remember the first thing I was offered at …Or they get them on credit, I remember the first thing I was offered at the freshers fair was a credit card!!!

Or....they work part time.
Bilal_Muhammed29/10/2019 19:28

Or....they work part time.

Yeah that’s what I did instead of the credit card ;-)
I could be wrong, but I bet the AirPods Pro will be excluded from the offer.

Samsung Galaxy Buds have been out for ages and are still excluded if you read t&c.

The new iPhone 11 lineup is excluded from the student discount too.
Jamestm29/10/2019 22:11

I could be wrong, but I bet the AirPods Pro will be excluded from the …I could be wrong, but I bet the AirPods Pro will be excluded from the offer.Samsung Galaxy Buds have been out for ages and are still excluded if you read t&c.The new iPhone 11 lineup is excluded from the student discount too.

Hope you are wrong lol

Just tried for the galaxy buds and can’t get it to work
Rathaniel29/10/2019 13:33

Ah that sucks, hope it's soon soon

It’s the 30th and my Apple ones are on their way. Even staff discount doesn’t work on new items!
Has anyone spotted these in an o2 retail store at all today?
nsx205030/10/2019 10:35

Has anyone spotted these in an o2 retail store at all today?

No because they aren’t there as mentioned above
xtreme12330/10/2019 10:54

No because they aren’t there as mentioned above

The post above is based on past assumptions, whereas I am asking if anyone has seen these in an o2 shop today...

Emphasis being on today

And yes, I know I could just go into the shop myself etc...
nsx205030/10/2019 11:10

The post above is based on past assumptions, whereas I am asking if anyone …The post above is based on past assumptions, whereas I am asking if anyone has seen these in an o2 shop today...Emphasis being on todayAnd yes, I know I could just go into the shop myself etc...

I don’t know why I have to keep repeating myself. I know people that work at o2 and there are no AirPods pro at any o2 stores nationwide for at least two weeks. I don’t know why you need such a thorough explanation. No is no!
xtreme12330/10/2019 11:45

I don’t know why I have to keep repeating myself. I know people that work a …I don’t know why I have to keep repeating myself. I know people that work at o2 and there are no AirPods pro at any o2 stores nationwide for at least two weeks. I don’t know why you need such a thorough explanation. No is no!

I don't see why I have to keep repeating myself...

Your original post was based on past assumptions. Historical simulation can be used a proxy, but that is all it is. Just because they didn't offer previous variants of AirPods upon release date doesn't mean that they are not going to be offering the new ones upon release. That's like someone saying each release of AIrpods will be priced the same...

But if you're saying that you have confirmation from o2 staff that they will not have AirPods Pro for at least 2 weeks, that is useful information - something you neglected to mention before.
nsx205030/10/2019 17:53

I don't see why I have to keep repeating myself...Your original post was …I don't see why I have to keep repeating myself...Your original post was based on past assumptions. Historical simulation can be used a proxy, but that is all it is. Just because they didn't offer previous variants of AirPods upon release date doesn't mean that they are not going to be offering the new ones upon release. That's like someone saying each release of AIrpods will be priced the same...But if you're saying that you have confirmation from o2 staff that they will not have AirPods Pro for at least 2 weeks, that is useful information - something you neglected to mention before.

I didn't know that I had to justify myself. I'm glad that you've understood that they are unavailable there now. Also don't expect o2 to allow any discounts on them. V2 AirPods weren't allowed on staff discounts for several months after release. I got mine today and despite what people think, they're well worth the money
Called up O2 - they don’t have AirPods Pro on order at the moment and they’re not offering 20% student discount on it either. Hopefully this will change in the near future! 🤞
xtreme12330/10/2019 19:35

I didn't know that I had to justify myself. I'm glad that you've …I didn't know that I had to justify myself. I'm glad that you've understood that they are unavailable there now. Also don't expect o2 to allow any discounts on them. V2 AirPods weren't allowed on staff discounts for several months after release. I got mine today and despite what people think, they're well worth the money

o2.co.uk/sho…pro

mic drop
nsx205031/10/2019 18:04

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/apple/airpods-pro#contractType=nonconnectedmic …https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/apple/airpods-pro#contractType=nonconnectedmic drop

But the question now is can we use student discount on them?
wozza2k31/10/2019 19:20

But the question now is can we use student discount on them?

xtreme12330/10/2019 19:35

I didn't know that I had to justify myself. I'm glad that you've …I didn't know that I had to justify myself. I'm glad that you've understood that they are unavailable there now. Also don't expect o2 to allow any discounts on them. V2 AirPods weren't allowed on staff discounts for several months after release. I got mine today and despite what people think, they're well worth the money

Nope, tried it doesn’t work
Available and code doesn’t work
nsx205031/10/2019 18:04

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/apple/airpods-pro#contractType=nonconnectedmic …https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/apple/airpods-pro#contractType=nonconnectedmic drop

Still not in any stores. Available online for store pick up or delivery just like last time. Can't use staff discount online
The 20% code does not work on these. Please research beforehand ! Such a shame though. They work on the normal Gen 2 ones though
Jamestm29/10/2019 22:11

I could be wrong, but I bet the AirPods Pro will be excluded from the …I could be wrong, but I bet the AirPods Pro will be excluded from the offer.Samsung Galaxy Buds have been out for ages and are still excluded if you read t&c.The new iPhone 11 lineup is excluded from the student discount too.

It’s excluded. Can’t make it work with Pro version. Works with any other AirPods though
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants