Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Airpods Pro honest opinions

Posted 8th Apr
Currently have the OG airpods and now considering the Airpods Pro for the noise cancelling but also battery life. I have a lot of amazon credit stocked up courtesy of monese so won't end up being much more than the standard airpods. Anyone who has them what is your honest opinion of them. Is the noise cancelling/improved battery/sound improvement overall worth the outlay?

Save the troll/non-helpful comments as they will be duly reported. I respect that better can be had for cheaper.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

15 Comments
I upgraded form the original AirPods to the pro, so much better. The noise cancelling is great (cannot really comment on battery life as I am an occasional user so they get put on charge when i'm back in the house anyway.

Because they are more sealed into your ear they give a better sound - if you have the spare money lying around and you use them frequently then I would upgrade for sure.
I never had the original air pods but I do have the pros.

The noise cancellation is unbelievably good. How they’ve made it work in such a small package is quite a technological achievement. They’re also great for running. The in ear design means they stay in with no risk of movement/falling out.

Transparency mode is also good when you want to be aware of your surroundings while also listening to music.
Rune_2H08/04/2020 14:25

Comment deleted

Don’t know but you cannot really use them without the ear seal anyway
I upgraded from the OG airpods a month or two ago. Well worth the upgrade. I use mine 8/9 hours a day for movie watching with the Apple TV and also work as well as working out. For meetings they are absolutely brilliant and crystal clear.

With the fit, make sure you get it right to get the full benefit. They sometimes fall out of my ears if eating for some reason. But for running and shaking my head, no issue. I have had some issues with my 16 inch MBP regarding Bluetooth e.g dropping out etc but that’s just to do with the MacBook. Apple TV/Apple watch/ IPhone and IPad all work fine. Any other questions give us a shout!
My opinion is not worth it from AirPods 2. but from AirPods OG it’s very worth it! with H1 chip, ANC, transparency is very good, but I cancelled my amazon France price of £195 new as I tried my mates for 1 day and in the end from AirPods 2 it isn’t worth it sound quality isn’t hugely different with such tiny drivers the ANC only gives the allusion that’s it’s better.
Justsuperman08/04/2020 15:01

My opinion is not worth it from AirPods 2. but from AirPods OG it’s very w …My opinion is not worth it from AirPods 2. but from AirPods OG it’s very worth it! with H1 chip, ANC, transparency is very good, but I cancelled my amazon France price of £195 new as I tried my mates for 1 day and in the end from AirPods 2 it isn’t worth it sound quality isn’t hugely different with such tiny drivers the ANC only gives the allusion that’s it’s better.

Night and day difference between AirPods v2 and Pro - the sound cancellation alone is well worth it
mds125608/04/2020 15:04

Night and day difference between AirPods v2 and Pro - the sound …Night and day difference between AirPods v2 and Pro - the sound cancellation alone is well worth it

I don’t think so personally mate. AirPods 2 where £118 new on here other day AirPods Pro aren’t worth double that money any day of the week. same driver size. anc is nice to have tho and transparency is nice. I have the beats solo pro’s which have all that and far superior sound quality.
Justsuperman08/04/2020 15:06

I have the beats solo pro’s which have all that and far superior sound q …I have the beats solo pro’s which have all that and far superior sound quality.

Completely different category... they are over ear, the AirPods Pro are in ear.
I have the originals 2.0, Powerbeats pro and the AirPods Pro and apart from going to the gym the AirPods Pro are either better, way better or equal to the others and most over ear headphones I’ve had. Even just the comfort is good, but I like the transparency mode so I can leave them In for hours and it basically like they aren’t even in your ears. The sound cancellation is also amazing and at times like when it’s mega windy outside I sometime use them like ear plugs while walking about.
Not got the airpods 3 but airpods 2 are vast overrated not as good as £3 wired set. Emperors new clothes imho.
toonsquirel08/04/2020 16:24

I have the originals 2.0, Powerbeats pro and the AirPods Pro and apart …I have the originals 2.0, Powerbeats pro and the AirPods Pro and apart from going to the gym the AirPods Pro are either better, way better or equal to the others and most over ear headphones I’ve had. Even just the comfort is good, but I like the transparency mode so I can leave them In for hours and it basically like they aren’t even in your ears. The sound cancellation is also amazing and at times like when it’s mega windy outside I sometime use them like ear plugs while walking about.

There definitely not headphones quality they say sound is subjective but many would agree there nowhere close to headphone quality they can’t possibly be as the drivers are tiny compared to headphones.
mds125608/04/2020 16:21

Completely different category... they are over ear, the AirPods Pro are in …Completely different category... they are over ear, the AirPods Pro are in ear.

I agree, but solo pro’s have all the bells and whistles of AirPods Pro same H1 chip, same modes ANC which is far superior on solo pro’s and transparency. and solo pro’s can be had on eBay for £150-£160 brand new sealed. no fakes either since they haven’t managed to make any of solo pro’s.
Justsuperman08/04/2020 16:43

There definitely not headphones quality they say sound is subjective but …There definitely not headphones quality they say sound is subjective but many would agree there nowhere close to headphone quality they can’t possibly be as the drivers are tiny compared to headphones.

Maybe not compared to something like Bose qc ‘s but compared to most up to £100 they are definitely as good. Remember being in your ear means the sound can be perfected for the shape of your ear and the sound is direct into ear canal, over ears are basically amazing little speakers stuck on side of your ears. I just find been so small and with anc the music is just so much more immersive.
toonsquirel08/04/2020 16:50

Maybe not compared to something like Bose qc ‘s but compared to most up to …Maybe not compared to something like Bose qc ‘s but compared to most up to £100 they are definitely as good. Remember being in your ear means the sound can be perfected for the shape of your ear and the sound is direct into ear canal, over ears are basically amazing little speakers stuck on side of your ears. I just find been so small and with anc the music is just so much more immersive.

I get you, and there super convenient which is such a positive and major seller.
Do they work well with android?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions