AirPods - yay or nay?

Posted 7th Feb
I’m really thinking of grabbing the 2nd gen version, not too fussed about wireless charging. But is it worth getting them now or waiting for (I presume there will be) 3rd gen?

Can’t justify spending £250 for the Pro version when I can grab the 2nd Gen for half the price.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

14 Comments
They are so popular they'll probably get a refresh every year, though I'd guess that's only going to be in September at the earliest (when iPhone 12 is released).

I personally use Galaxy Buds and they are decent, Buds+ coming out next week.
Edited by: "jamie15" 8th Feb
I've got the second gen. Kind of regret not getting the pros due to noise cancellation and transparency at high volume but I got mine for £118 from Amazon so cant complain
deals6907/02/2020 21:41

I've got the second gen. Kind of regret not getting the pros due to noise …I've got the second gen. Kind of regret not getting the pros due to noise cancellation and transparency at high volume but I got mine for £118 from Amazon so cant complain

Would you say it’s worth the extra £130 for the Pros? Noise cancelling ain’t much of an issue for me personally.
darkfrost107/02/2020 21:42

Would you say it’s worth the extra £130 for the Pros? Noise cancelling ai …Would you say it’s worth the extra £130 for the Pros? Noise cancelling ain’t much of an issue for me personally.

That's what I thought but, airpods let in all noise unless at a high volume. Just need different features at different situations therefore I would prefer the pros. Where would you mostly be using them?
deals6907/02/2020 21:44

That's what I thought but, airpods let in all noise unless at a high …That's what I thought but, airpods let in all noise unless at a high volume. Just need different features at different situations therefore I would prefer the pros. Where would you mostly be using them?

I’d mostly use them on the way to work and at home when I’m listening to Spotify.
What makes airpods worth the price in comparison to cheaper Chinese versions? I have some that i paid around £15 for a year ago and they work perfectly, the audio quality seems really good, bass is deep and loud, they never drop out and I only need to charge them once a weekish. Am I missing something other than the Apple label?
Honestly you’re paying for the brand rather than the quality.

I have some Soundcore Liberty Air’s and people say they are better than AirPods.
Have AirPod pros. They are pricey but quite impressive
I would make sure they fit before purchasing... I thought I had normal ears but they won't stay in my ears so I've had to rule them out, it actually surprised me
ainsy6907/02/2020 22:05

What makes airpods worth the price in comparison to cheaper Chinese …What makes airpods worth the price in comparison to cheaper Chinese versions? I have some that i paid around £15 for a year ago and they work perfectly, the audio quality seems really good, bass is deep and loud, they never drop out and I only need to charge them once a weekish. Am I missing something other than the Apple label?

Completely different, I bought some cheap ones i7 they were called, yes the sound ok but nothing compared to AirPods...
darkfrost107/02/2020 21:46

I’d mostly use them on the way to work and at home when I’m listening to Sp …I’d mostly use them on the way to work and at home when I’m listening to Spotify.

I use AirPods for this and have my music on I can’t here anything but my music... also if you have Apple phone get AirPods you can utilise Siri for volume and calls, you don’t get all those features using other brands on iPhone...

some people just see price and don’t care about quality others just hate apple..
there are other speakers out there what are good like beats by Dre, and Samsung buds are cheaper, same quality and better battery but not all features work. All so with AirPods if you put them back in the case for 15 minutes you get another 3 hours of music from that charge...

read some reviews some of the speakers mentioned above have fantastic reviews for sound, just not all features work but do you need all the features, you could save half the money...
Edited by: "Bargainhead" 8th Feb
I’ve got the AirPods 2 and Powerbeats pro (very similar to AirPods pro) the Powerbeats are well worth the price compared to AirPods but the AirPods are still good for what they are. If you run or go to gym etc then the pro are so much better if you just use them for calls and the odd bit of music the AirPods 2 are perfect.
Bargainhead08/02/2020 05:17

Completely different, I bought some cheap ones i7 they were called, yes …Completely different, I bought some cheap ones i7 they were called, yes the sound ok but nothing compared to AirPods... I use AirPods for this and have my music on I can’t here anything but my music... also if you have Apple phone get AirPods you can utilise Siri for volume and calls, you don’t get all those features using other brands on iPhone...some people just see price and don’t care about quality others just hate apple..there are other speakers out there what are good like beats by Dre, and Samsung buds are cheaper, same quality and better battery but not all features work. All so with AirPods if you put them back in the case for 15 minutes you get another 3 hours of music from that charge...read some reviews some of the speakers mentioned above have fantastic reviews for sound, just not all features work but do you need all the features, you could save half the money...

toonsquirel08/02/2020 07:51

I’ve got the AirPods 2 and Powerbeats pro (very similar to AirPods pro) t …I’ve got the AirPods 2 and Powerbeats pro (very similar to AirPods pro) the Powerbeats are well worth the price compared to AirPods but the AirPods are still good for what they are. If you run or go to gym etc then the pro are so much better if you just use them for calls and the odd bit of music the AirPods 2 are perfect.

Thank you both! Am looking at grabbing them today
Nay.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants