Airport car parking

Found 4th Jan
Hello, I normally travel from Stansted if I can help it as its closest to me, however our annual family holiday this year is travelling from Gatwick.

Are there any car parks I can use that don't require me to leave my keys behind? It seems that they all do and with the amount of nightmare stories I've heard about cars being left on the side of the road etc I'd rather not.

Many thanks!!
Community Updates
AskTravel
18 Comments
Look on justpark website, they usually cheaper, I went from Heathrow but parking was available in Marriott hotel with free local bus connection. You keep your keys. CCTV.
Edited by: "fims6102" 4th Jan
Most of the parking you keep your keys, only valet parking outfits take the keys.
We went parked at Gatwick and took our keys
You can get some discount by prebooking at Holidayextras

Use your phone to video your car and odometer before you leave and when you return. Do it BOTH times even though its boring and stupid. It's called evidence..
We always use Aph parking about 2 miles from Gatwick (courtesy bus transfer) Proper parking company with own bus stand at airport. You leave the car and keys at reception, they then park your car in their own compound at the back of their property. Upon return they park it in an allocated spaced smaller carpark at the front and reception gives you the keys and the car space number so you can find your car.
(the good thing about leaving your keys is that in the winter by moving your car to the front they’ve already made sure that the battery isn’t flat on your return
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 4th Jan
Original Poster
I normally use holidayextras to get money off so all sorted there. I normally use midstay at Stansted where you park your car yourself and then just get on the bus, don't have to interact with anyone other than the automated barrier. I can choose where I park it in the carpark etc which is how I like it. Many thanks for all your replies
Only park at the official on site car parks, booked through the airport website. Too many cowboys out there. I'd rather pay a bit extra and be sure my car isn't being taken for a joyride.
I always use the Gatwick Long Stay for either terminal. Not a lot of difference to most others in price, but you have the comfort of knowing that your car is as safe as it can be, and you keep the keys. Frequent bus to the terminal and back. Don't use the " Summer Special " as it is a different car park and they keep your keys.
We generally use long stay north car park as 5 minute transfer and you keep your keys. Book via myGatwick or looking4parking

North terminal on site is generally cheaper than the south terminal so we always use North and use the shuttle if flying from the south terminal.

Just paid £35 for 7 nights on site parking
Edited by: "chocci" 5th Jan
termite21 h, 54 m ago

Most of the parking you keep your keys, only valet parking outfits take …Most of the parking you keep your keys, only valet parking outfits take the keys.

Not true for Gatwick. Both cophall farm and Charlwood both take your keys.
Original Poster
Found a decent deal on the official Gatwick site, as it turns out, cheaper than holidayextras can offer!! It looks to be the same system I use at Stansted normally so happy days

Never thought to look but thanks everyone for your help!!
chocci1 h, 27 m ago

Not true for Gatwick. Both cophall farm and Charlwood both take your keys.

Those are both the sort of dubious meet n greet operations you should avoid. In the actual Gatwick long stay you keep the keys in your pocket.
termite1 h, 31 m ago

Those are both the sort of dubious meet n greet operations you should …Those are both the sort of dubious meet n greet operations you should avoid. In the actual Gatwick long stay you keep the keys in your pocket.

They aren't meet and greet services. You drive to their car parks and they park the car.
chocci43 m ago

They aren't meet and greet services. You drive to their car parks and they …They aren't meet and greet services. You drive to their car parks and they park the car.

.... and if you use that sort of car park then you are a fool. There are plenty of spaces that allow you to park yourself and keep the keys.
termite1 h, 14 m ago

.... and if you use that sort of car park then you are a fool. There are ….... and if you use that sort of car park then you are a fool. There are plenty of spaces that allow you to park yourself and keep the keys.

but they are generally much cheaper than on site at gatwick so hardly foolish. They only park the car around the corner on site for you. Its not like they park it on the streets.

e.g. charlwood off site is pictured below (£56 for a week in september last year (10 minute transfer) whereas on site cheapest was £106 (5 minute transfer))

32994832-W5KE7.jpg
chocci28 m ago

but they are generally much cheaper than on site at gatwick so hardly …but they are generally much cheaper than on site at gatwick so hardly foolish. They only park the car around the corner on site for you. Its not like they park it on the streets.e.g. charlwood off site is pictured below (£56 for a week in september last year (10 minute transfer) whereas on site cheapest was £106 (5 minute transfer))[Image]

You obviously don't know how to find a good deal. The whole point of this thread is parking and keeping your keys with you so your suggestions are useless.
Edited by: "termite" 5th Jan
termite5 m ago

You obviously don't know how to find a good deal. The whole point of this …You obviously don't know how to find a good deal. The whole point of this thread is parking and keeping your keys with you so your suggestions are useless.

4-5 holidays a year from Gatwick so I think by now I know how to find a good deal (hence stating I just booked a week on site for £35 and provided suggestions lol)

No need for rudeness. I was simply correcting your misinformation about only meet & greet services keeping the keys. Got anything useful to say to help the OP or just trolling as per usual?
Edited by: "chocci" 5th Jan
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants