Expired

Airport Hotel in Melbourne

6 replies
Found 27th Dec 2009
We arrive into Melbourne, Australia on 29th March 2010 and need to find a hotel for one night that we can literally fall into (flight doesn't arrive in until 10:25pm) before renting a car the following morning from the airport and driving to our cousins. By my understanding the only two hotels that are literally within walking distance from the terminals are the Holiday Inn and the Hilton. As you can imagine both are quite expensive. Anyone got any help or advice to get them as cheap as possible. I am really struggling.....

6 Comments

cant remember if walking distance but try the formula 1 hotel chain its very close !!

Original Poster

mrcareful;7342010

cant remember if walking distance but try the formula 1 hotel chain its … cant remember if walking distance but try the formula 1 hotel chain its very close !!

Ah, yes this is the other one that is situated at the airport too, yes I have read some reviews which say it is walking distance, which is about the only good thing. I think this is the last resort given that almost all the reviews I have read are awful!! Have you personally stayed here, can you recommend it?

Thanks

Rachel

Hi don't think you can check in to the formula 1 after 10pm
There is a Best western hotel 5 mins away with a free shuttle bus to and from the airport it pretty reasonable $139 Aus dollars

oh and check out wotif.com and agoda.com they have some good deals on hotels .....served me well when I was travelling...happy days lol

Original Poster

I don't think we'd really want to make the journey into the city to leave again the following day (been to city this year when we went). So far I can get the Holiday Inn at the airport for $134.25AUD (About £74). Still seems expensive though.

Original Poster

Thanks, will check out wotif.com (heard good things about them).
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18226648
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769489
    3. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet2557
    4. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522871

See more discussions