Posted 12th Jan 2022 (Posted 19 h, 33 m ago)
My wife, fourteen year old twins and I are finally getting away for the first time post covid outbreak.
Does anyone have any tips for the cheapest option to cover airport lounge costs?
Many thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment
13 Comments
  1. Avatar
    Lots are closed or are operating at limited hours.

Many of the non top level ones have been so crowded i would consider why you would want to go.

Which airports are you using?
  2. Avatar
    I've just joined Priority Pass (again) on offer at £41 for a year, it usually costs £69 but at this price they often have an offer of 1 free visit , saving £20. It then costs £20 each to use a lounge. Have a read on their website and also google Priority Pass offers. You'd probably make the membership cost back in one visit for 4 of you. When you join they send you an electronic membership card through their app , so you can use it straight away in most lounges. They also send you a physical card through the post.
    Edited by: "yorkie12" 18 h, 33 m ago
  3. Avatar
    Problem with the lounges now ( travelled early Dec No 1 lounge ) is that you only get a restricted breakfast menu etc, virtually everything is served, no open buffet as in the past, only used it because it was included in my ticket, and in my opinion having used it many times over the past 5 yrs, its not worth it.
  4. Avatar
    i had one through barclays but because a business flight was coming in they refused me entry as i wasnt important enough, so i would avoid getting one through them
  5. Avatar
    I have been refused entry using Priority Pass at Newcastle airport before, I'm sure its in the small pint somewhere if capacity allows.
    Yet if I had booked through Newcastle Airport I could have entered.
  6. Avatar
    Most lounges are crowded and / or offering reduced service. Not worth the mone. I would rather reach just in time.
  7. Avatar
    You do have to weigh up if lounges are worth it to you. We have 4 hours lay over at Heathrow . I'll soon have my £20 worth in the 3 hours you're allowed in the lounge. Food wise you don't get Steak and chips , more soup , pasta dishes and nibbles. If you're happy with a bacon butty and a few drinks they are fine. For an idea of what's available click on the food and drink menu towards the bottom of this page executivelounges.com/air…nge
    Edited by: "yorkie12" 14 h, 37 m ago
  8. Avatar
    yorkie1212/01/2022 16:52

You do have to weigh up if lounges are worth it to you. We have 4 hours …You do have to weigh up if lounges are worth it to you. We have 4 hours lay over at Heathrow . I'll soon have my £20 worth in the 3 hours you're allowed in the lounge. Food wise you don't get Steak and chips , more soup , pasta dishes and nibbles. If you're happy with a bacon butty and a few drinks they are fine. For an idea of what's available click on the food and drink menu towards the bottom of this page https://www.executivelounges.com/airport-lounges/london-heathrow-airport-terminal-5-club-aspire-lounge

Trying to see price for T3 for an upcoming trip but no information.
  9. Avatar
    rimalpatel00712/01/2022 17:13

Trying to see price for T3 for an upcoming trip but no information.

I know the full price for Terminal 5 is around £35 , that's why I prefer to pay for a years subscription to Priority Pass. Try looking on 'Holiday Extras' for a price , usually a bit cheaper on there.
  10. Avatar
    Never used a lounge in the UK, as my flights have always been first thing and they are always closed. Used a few in Thailand/Cambodia, but only because for some reason I kept getting free passes off the check in girls
  11. Avatar
    Author
    groenleader12/01/2022 12:19

Lots are closed or are operating at limited hours. Many of the non top …Lots are closed or are operating at limited hours. Many of the non top level ones have been so crowded i would consider why you would want to go. Which airports are you using?

Thanks to all for advice - VERY useful as I hadn't considered that they might have greater restrictions on capacity and types/quantities of food and beverages. Travel is IOM to Abu Dhabi with stopovers either end in Manchester. So likely considering two lounge visits in Manchester and one Abu Dhabi.
  12. Avatar
    NidgeX12/01/2022 21:26

Thanks to all for advice - VERY useful as I hadn't considered that they …Thanks to all for advice - VERY useful as I hadn't considered that they might have greater restrictions on capacity and types/quantities of food and beverages. Travel is IOM to Abu Dhabi with stopovers either end in Manchester. So likely considering two lounge visits in Manchester and one Abu Dhabi.

Someone asked a similar question on Manchester and Doha lounges and two of us gave feedback:

Airport lounges? - hotukdeals

Flying from the IOM i guess you dont have much choice except for Manchester but its lounges are quite disappointing.
Post a comment
Top Merchants