Groups

AIRPORT SECURITY MISSED FLIGHT

Son has just rang from Belfast. Got to airport 1hr 20 mins before flight. Security really busy. Flight closed when they got to the gate. They now want him to pay £100 to fly today.

Not really the airlines fault I suppose, more the airport management. Any suggestions>

9 Comments

Dont they recommend that you get there 2 hours before the flight?

Website says only an hour for 'internal' flights which seems short doesn't it? (I am assuming he is flying into the UK)

Type Of Flight Check In Time

Long Haul Flights 3 HOURS before departure

European Flights 2 HOURS before departure

UK & Northern Ireland Flights 1 HOUR before departure

Original Poster

Many thanks. Now sorted, quite a few people affected so Ryanair how now said will transfer them to next flight free of charge. Domestic flight and we always allow 1 hour to go through security. Seems it was not enough today, common problem apparently.

Suppose Ryanair will sort it with the airport people, not really Ryanairs fault in this case. Poor airport management. So, well done Ryanair, home in a few hours.

Surely you don't go through the security checks until after you've checked in and got your boarding pass,
    if this is correct how many more people were too late to board, seems to me its a problem for the airline to sort out, or was too much time spent in the shops etc.?

Banned

should have got there earlier

unlucky

gf nearly had similar problem flying to new york.......disorganised every flight trying to get thru at same time

people with less than 20 mins were ushered thru after waiting 2-3 hours

Banned

The Fox;8778475

Surely you don't go through the security checks until after you've … Surely you don't go through the security checks until after you've checked in and got your boarding pass,if this is correct how many more people were too late to board, seems to me its a problem for the airline to sort out, or was too much time spent in the shops etc.?

With Ryanair you check in online and print your own boarding pass

Banned

KERMITZBITZ;8777896

Dont they recommend that you get there 2 hours before the flight?

3 hours at gatwick! :w00t:

Sorry but its your sons fault expecting to check in and get through security and to a plane in only 1 hr 20m

Original Poster

Paddy Charlie;8778497

With Ryanair you check in online and print your own boarding pass

Exactly, no check in.

Glad it turned out OK - not brill but not disastrous!

All the places I have flown from recently, with Ryanair, scan the printed pass before security so they know how many they are expecting at the gate.

We did fast track through security once when we were late for a flight due to holiday traffic - every one was really nice letting us through - think they thought we were about to pass out, red faced from running!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73944522
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would1324
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047141
      4. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2869

See more discussions