Expired

Alarm / cctv security system

4 replies
Found 10th May 2009
I am after a alarm or some kind of cctv system for my house. I run business from home and need to invest in something. Anyone know of any good deals looking to pay £100-£200 depending on system

kind regards

1. Ask
  2. CCTV
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. CCTV
4 Comments

I've dabbled in CCTV for quite a few years now and have a load of cameras that plug into a scart socket on the TV or video etc . Times have moved on and the type of system to get now is the DVR with upto 4 cameras . These things run 247 and record directly on to a hard drive inside the unit . Some come with HDD 's and other's dont , you just add a drive yourself . The units can record upto four cameras and have multiplex facility to allow you to view all the cams or one at a time . I have always wanted a system like this for a while now and finally bought a portable one from Maplin a few weeks back .Bought 4 cameras [ 2 x CMOS & 2 x CCD ] from the same place too . Fantastic quality from the CCD models and they light up the area in total darkness extremely well. They sell complete systems for around £200 which is not bad , but you can buy cheaper systems from ebay directly from China . Have a look on ebay and see what's going . HTH .

Makro are always doing deals on CCTV. Worth a punt..Good Luck

Original Poster

many thanks for your help will have a look about

i have a new set of micro mark cameras and kit to fit them up , if interested i can fish them out for you ? they are new and all boxed i never got to use them as i cannot through health reasons get up the house to do it so it has not happened , would rather see them to a new home.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which wall design do you like best?89
    2. word association Game74244939
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522901
    4. Add one, leave one game54415485

See more discussions