Groups

Alarm servicing

Got an alarm fitted just under 3 years ago and batteries are showing low, alarm company stated that to replace the batteries and service would be £88 does that seem reasonable for London?

6 Comments

why not just get a new battery from tayna batteries or CPC,

Original Poster

shadey12

why not just get a new battery from tayna batteries or CPC,

tried to open the magnetic door contact but doesnt open easily, tried jamming in the screwdriver to the side where there looks to be a recess to release the catch but wont budge. Dont want to apply too much pressure in case I bust it, the other wireless sensors are easy to change.

That's about the price of an annual service, so if including the right batteries and testing it all that's worth it. Surprised its not on a service contract anyway, many insurance companies require it if you claim discount for having an alarm. Always keep the external box looking clean and operational, that is a big factor in the deterrent effect.

Original Poster

BlackCloud

That's about the price of an annual service, so if including the right … That's about the price of an annual service, so if including the right batteries and testing it all that's worth it. Surprised its not on a service contract anyway, many insurance companies require it if you claim discount for having an alarm. Always keep the external box looking clean and operational, that is a big factor in the deterrent effect.

Thanks, think I will use the same firm who installed it as they were efficient and friendly.

davewave

Thanks, think I will use the same firm who installed it as they were … Thanks, think I will use the same firm who installed it as they were efficient and friendly.

​Its a good price, cheaper than I've paid in outer London some years ago. As the above poster said, get it on contract.

Some alarm companies include unlimited call outs for the following 12 months if you take the annual service. Makes it worthwhile paying for it as how annoying would it be if the alarm started to go and you couldn't turn it off? Worthwhile to check if this is included with your service package.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One thing you've forgotten55
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767462
      3. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.816
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047184

See more discussions