Alarm system better alternative

Posted 31st Jan
hi there guys. I have had a versiure Alarm system put in place it's neaing the initial 14 day cooling off period. in this time the sensor in the garden keeps triggeing , and asllps had the internal sensors trigger aswell about 10-14 times already and mostly at night time. I have never had a alarm system in before and when this happens in middle of the night early morning, they rig me and then Check the cameras they believe its a animal jumping from the wall a cat most likely. I also have had the app crash and a fee other issues like this. I was going too Keep the system in place as there Customer services is very good but it's starting too become a more problems than it maybe is worth it. I am considering just sleeping at the property instead. so he a bit difficult with this cold weather and condition of property. or is there any system available with outside sensors and internal that are similar too verisure put they don't just stop working if you cancel the monthly subscription. Ideal with a GSM SIM card and possibly in 2-3 weeks I may able too get a landline connection available too me.

another option I am considering is there anyway too send me a signals of say sound/ noise and photo's or video if I am around 400 meters away with about 100 terrace 🏠 In the way.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
Don't see the point of an alarm, what will you do if someone breaks in? Go over there yourself and get stabbed? It's not like the police will do anything so you may as well take your chances.
jat247431/01/2020 20:28

Don't see the point of an alarm, what will you do if someone breaks in? Go …Don't see the point of an alarm, what will you do if someone breaks in? Go over there yourself and get stabbed? It's not like the police will do anything so you may as well take your chances.

I can stop them damaging/stealing stuff if I find out or hopefully they won't stop long enough an don't come back.
Edited by: "MynameisM" 31st Jan
I’ve the standard Yale wireless 6020 system, works fine for me, no wires and works with a wireless fob.
It’s not smart or doesn’t connect to Yale or the the police but works as a great deterrent and offers peace of mind should someone break into the house whilst we are in bed we’ll hear the alarm and will be “ready”.

Most house alarms are not grade 1 enabled meaning police will not attend unless the occupant is in or a neighbour has genuinely saw an intruder.

Grade one alarm packages come with a small fee who offer a subscription service where if the alarm goes off, it it’s sequential the company will call the police and they’ll attend as long as there’s a URN
Recently had a smart alarm installed by local company “Ajax” think its called and it’s brilliant the app is smooth never crashes and the sensor are really good they even give temp reading ok the room
Go for the texecom alarm with dual passive detectors as they are less prone to false alarms. Throw a add up in my builder to fit a Texecom Veritas Alarm and I think you will find someone that will wire it all up for £100 - £200. As the house is being renovated the wiring would be easy to do. The alarm will cost you around £150 to purchase with all the bits a GSM autodialer maybe a bit extra. If you want links I will post them on here. Also if you need any help with installation info or cams etc. Once you got a decent alarm and some dummy cameras up you should be ok. Just don't buy dummy cameras with the flashing red LEDs as everyone knows that they are dummy as no real CCTV I know of has a constant flashing red led.
MynameisM31/01/2020 20:30

I can stop them damaging/stealing stuff if I find out or hopefully they …I can stop them damaging/stealing stuff if I find out or hopefully they won't stop long enough an don't come back.

How will you stop them, is it really worth your life? Might as well just spend the money on insurance!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants