Alarm system, tamper light flashing.

Found 3rd Feb 2015
Was sat in the living room of our flat and heard a siren outside then the alarm panel in the flat started making a noise aswell.

I put the code in and the noise stopped and then the tamper light started flashing and still is flashing. The loud siren outside is still going off.

Does anyone know what this means? Is it tamper as in someone has tried to tamper with the alarm system or something else?

Just a note to add we have never set the alarm whilst living here.
Community Updates
AskAlarm System
8 Comments
Yep - it thinks someone has tried to tamper with it.

Check the cables.
agree with mas99 - check if there is any damage to any alarm cables around the house ?

also..

Did anyone knock a PIR sensor or any other alarm component around the house.

if the lid pings off a PIR sensor - you get TAMPER light and alarm goes off

if you take lid off the BELL RINGER outside - you get TAMPER light and alarm goes off

if you take the lid off the ALARM CONTROLLER in the house - you get TAMPER light and alarm goes off

tamper light will not go out until the offending lid or damaged cable is fixed.

what make is the alarm. it could be some one tried to cut cables, remove a cover of the box or sensors, or even a fault thats occurred on the alarm. Without really looking at it u wont really know. And some alarms wont reset tamper without an engineers code if set that way.

Comment

kash2013

what make is the alarm. it could be some one tried to cut cables, remove … what make is the alarm. it could be some one tried to cut cables, remove a cover of the box or sensors, or even a fault thats occurred on the alarm. Without really looking at it u wont really know. And some alarms wont reset tamper without an engineers code if set that way.

Its a challenger

Will the cables be around the property?
kash2013

what make is the alarm. it could be some one tried to cut cables, remove … what make is the alarm. it could be some one tried to cut cables, remove a cover of the box or sensors, or even a fault thats occurred on the alarm. Without really looking at it u wont really know. And some alarms wont reset tamper without an engineers code if set that way.

agree on all points... I'm suggesting that OP checks the lids and cables everywhere on their alarm for accidental or malicious damage...

as far as the alarm having a genuine fault... well you can only conclude that by calling an engineer or someone that knows what they are doing.. UKHD aint going to diagnose that.
Just had a look round and the cables have been cut! Need to ring the police I think.
SkyBlu75

Just had a look round and the cables have been cut! Need to ring the … Just had a look round and the cables have been cut! Need to ring the police I think.

Also get it fixed or if not upgraded. Its best they are used as they are a good deterrent and do keep the common burglar away.
Please replace it or fix it ASAP. thefts have rocketed up a lot
buy a yale wireless and it can ring up to 3 numbers around £180
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants