Groups

Albums which must be listened to on vinyl?

Ok, so i'm looking to expand my musical collection, i have a great rega turntable set-up and love listening to vinyl but i need more!
    So just as a general idea my favourite band is muse but i mostly like older/punkier music like clash/xray spex/bad brains.
    Throw your favourites at me!
    I'm pretty eclectic so be inventive
    (I probably wont get any replies anyway but worth a try cos i need some good pointers, no point buyign an album on vinyl and only liking one track!)

22 Comments

Banned

sex pistols.. never mind the..... quality

Led Zep 1-4

slaughter and the dogs- do it dog style

Banned

teambintip;3519066

Led Zep 1-4

nah I disagree... if it vinyl.. I would say the whole collection... its a must :-D

Original Poster

dog_cop;3519106

nah I disagree... if it vinyl.. I would say the whole collection... its a … nah I disagree... if it vinyl.. I would say the whole collection... its a must :-D

I agree with that, i already have complete led zep and never mind the b****cks, they were some of the first ones i got just because i knew how good they were, not a song that needs skipping!

dog_cop;3519106

nah I disagree... if it vinyl.. I would say the whole collection... its a … nah I disagree... if it vinyl.. I would say the whole collection... its a must :-D

Meant Led Zep 1 to 4

Banned

teambintip;3519125

Meant Led Zep 1 to 4

presence.. one of my fav albums, and I remember the day physical graffiti was released ..blew me away.. they dont make music like that no more

Original Poster

dog_cop;3519157

presence.. one of my fav albums, and I remember the day physical … presence.. one of my fav albums, and I remember the day physical graffiti was released ..blew me away.. they dont make music like that no more

I was still 12 years away from being born when physical graffiti came out! Gosh i bet that makes you feel old, lol
    I agree though, i wish i was growing up in the time of led zep and then the whole punk movement, i was born out of my time

Banned

I had the pleasrue of seeing Joy division playing some tiny club in manchester one Friday night wel before they became big, the music of the 70/80 was fantastic, some top tunes oh happy days

jefferson airplane - surrealistic pillow (CLASSIC)

The Who - Quodrophenia

jst a few of my personal favs

black gerbil1;3519089

inb4 scotland88

i lol'd

dog_cop;3519249

I had the pleasrue of seeing Joy division playing some tiny club in … I had the pleasrue of seeing Joy division playing some tiny club in manchester one Friday night wel before they became big, the music of the 70/80 was fantastic, some top tunes oh happy days

You're a lucky bloke dog cop.....I've seen New Order quite a few times:)

Original Poster

dog_cop;3519249

I had the pleasrue of seeing Joy division playing some tiny club in … I had the pleasrue of seeing Joy division playing some tiny club in manchester one Friday night wel before they became big, the music of the 70/80 was fantastic, some top tunes oh happy days

Excuse me while i become so overcome with jealousy i have to huddle in the corner of my room and weep............
    i'm ashamed that when i ask my mum about music she talks about being obsessed with the bay city rollers, its just wrong that when she was around for all the great stuff she missed out for the sake of some tartan clad pre-westlife!

Banned

these are the sort of threads I love about old tunes and gives me an idea to did out some old tunes and even buy a couple that others who they list as there personal favs... now another... I was at Wembley 1980`2 to see Floyd do the wall live.. what a show.. so leading on and a bit left on centre.. a must to buy Animals by PF .. quality

Breaking glass by hazel o'conner

Original Poster

dog_cop;3519342

these are the sort of threads I love about old tunes and gives me an idea … these are the sort of threads I love about old tunes and gives me an idea to did out some old tunes and even buy a couple that others who they list as there personal favs... now another... I was at Wembley 1980`2 to see Floyd do the wall live.. what a show.. so leading on and a bit left on centre.. a must to buy Animals by PF .. quality

You're just a ******* really arent you!
    Sorry, that was the little green monster talking lol
    The nearest ive come to that is my young persons version of that which was seeing muse at the new wembley, not the same but good enought for me!
    I dont actually have and PF on vinyl yet, how did that happen??
    Which is best on vinyl? I know everyone always says dark side of the moon is the best but i think thats just because everyone knows the artwork, ive got quite a soft spot for meddle

D.S.O.T.M. is the best Floyd IMO. It was way ahead of it's time when released. I remember going out to buy it, taking it home and being absolutely stunned by it's brilliance. It is still as brilliant some 35 years later.

Best way to listen to it is lying flat on the floor in a darkened room with speakers about 4 feet from each ear and just behind ones head. Bottle of Southern Comfort or Stolichnaya and a record player that has auto re cue.

Always wanted to listen to the album in quad but never got the chance.

If you can get hold of Roger Water's "Amused To Death" on vinyl I would think that would be superb as well.

Others worth considering:

Are you Experienced..............Hendrix
    Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncy..........Who
    Easy Rider..........Soundtrack
    Tubular Bells.............Mike Oldfield
    In A Gadda Da Vida...Iron Butterfly
    A Nod's as Good as a Wink to a Blind Horse.......Faces
    Rumours........Fleetwood Mac
    One Nation Under a Groove.......Funkadelic
    Bat out of Hell......Meat Loaf

of course I'll have missed loads of classics, lol

The Queen is dead....The Smiths

Banned

xspongekarlax;3519416

You're just a ******* really arent you!Sorry, that was the little green … You're just a ******* really arent you!Sorry, that was the little green monster talking lolThe nearest ive come to that is my young persons version of that which was seeing muse at the new wembley, not the same but good enought for me!I dont actually have and PF on vinyl yet, how did that happen??Which is best on vinyl? I know everyone always says dark side of the moon is the best but i think thats just because everyone knows the artwork, ive got quite a soft spot for meddle

Dark side is a top album but for me also Meddle does it.. So get some Floyd on vinyl you prawn and hurry.. and totally agree with the dimmed room and Dark side on LOUD!!! epic..

My fav is The River by Bruce Springsteen.

My favourite album on vinyl is Black One by Sunn o)))

too young for vynal really, I think the only album I ever owned was Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles OST off of 1990
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …86148
      2. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2226
      3. ** Motorola Moto X Force | Owners Club **32204
      4. Follow the Three Word Game!!!44624043

See more discussions