Alcatel deal deleted by mod. Then i repost for the guy to reinstate the original

Found 9th Dec 2017
I Want to make a complaint about the mod on this evening. I post a deal and then it gets expired for no reason at all! I can't un expire it! I post again deleting the original out. Then the dozy mod deletes my new deal out. Re instating the original costing me votes. I'm sorry but this is not acceptable behaviour. You cannot treat people like idiots not explaning your actions.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Do people really care about 'votes' on their deals?
mod
Hi Anon32
I expired the original because the link you posted came up at £24.99 rather than the £10 you said it was i.e the deal looked to be expired.
If you realised you'd posted the wrong link / incorrect price you could / should have edited the original with the correct link / price rather than relisting.
As you then reposted the same deal again at the same merchant, only this time with the correct link I realised the error you had made with the original listing and fixed it, so you wouldn't lose 'votes' already gained from the original listing and then removed your duplicate thread.
Sorry that you think I'm dozy for doing this but I was only trying to fix the threads(s) so you wouldn't lose votes and / or have two identical threads from the same member posted within 30 minutes of each other.
Please feel free to discuss this with Admin hotukdeals.com/con…act
Edited by: "andywedge" 10th Dec 2017
andywedge1 h, 31 m ago

Hi Anon32I expired the original because the link you posted came up at …Hi Anon32I expired the original because the link you posted came up at £24.99 rather than the £10 you said it was i.e the deal looked to be expired.If you realised you'd posted the wrong link / incorrect price you could / should have edited the original with the correct link / price rather than relisting.As you then reposted the same deal again at the same merchant, only this time with the correct link I realised the error you had made with the original listing and fixed it, so you wouldn't lose 'votes' already gained from the original listing and then removed your duplicate thread.Sorry that you think I'm dozy for doing this but I was only trying to fix the errors you had made so you wouldn't lose votes and / or have two identical threads from the same member posted within 30 minutes of each other.Please feel free to discuss this with Admin https://www.hotukdeals.com/contact

Hey dozy how you doing.

Merry Xmas.
Edited by: "Joey.Bloggsy" 9th Dec 2017
18 Comments
You must be livid
Expiry is commonly a result a user votes, not mod action. If it's appropraite to un-expire it, you just need to report it with that request.
Do people really care about 'votes' on their deals?
Are you seriously bothered about a few votes?
wow i reckon you should contact the sun, report that your human rights have been breached and sue for £1m compensation

/s
You don't get paid for votes/heat right?
mod
Hi Anon32
I expired the original because the link you posted came up at £24.99 rather than the £10 you said it was i.e the deal looked to be expired.
If you realised you'd posted the wrong link / incorrect price you could / should have edited the original with the correct link / price rather than relisting.
As you then reposted the same deal again at the same merchant, only this time with the correct link I realised the error you had made with the original listing and fixed it, so you wouldn't lose 'votes' already gained from the original listing and then removed your duplicate thread.
Sorry that you think I'm dozy for doing this but I was only trying to fix the threads(s) so you wouldn't lose votes and / or have two identical threads from the same member posted within 30 minutes of each other.
Please feel free to discuss this with Admin hotukdeals.com/con…act
Edited by: "andywedge" 10th Dec 2017
What's the advantage of getting hot votes as a poster? Isn't it just a mechanism to indicate a good or bad deal or is there more to it?
andywedge1 h, 31 m ago

Hi Anon32I expired the original because the link you posted came up at …Hi Anon32I expired the original because the link you posted came up at £24.99 rather than the £10 you said it was i.e the deal looked to be expired.If you realised you'd posted the wrong link / incorrect price you could / should have edited the original with the correct link / price rather than relisting.As you then reposted the same deal again at the same merchant, only this time with the correct link I realised the error you had made with the original listing and fixed it, so you wouldn't lose 'votes' already gained from the original listing and then removed your duplicate thread.Sorry that you think I'm dozy for doing this but I was only trying to fix the errors you had made so you wouldn't lose votes and / or have two identical threads from the same member posted within 30 minutes of each other.Please feel free to discuss this with Admin https://www.hotukdeals.com/contact

Hey dozy how you doing.

Merry Xmas.
Edited by: "Joey.Bloggsy" 9th Dec 2017
bryanhaines3995 m ago

What's the advantage of getting hot votes as a poster? Isn't it just a …What's the advantage of getting hot votes as a poster? Isn't it just a mechanism to indicate a good or bad deal or is there more to it?

presumably because when we all post a deal, we want a reward - and the reward of thumbs-ups is the inducement to list items. For some it matters, for some it does not.
Joey.Bloggsy1 h, 22 m ago

Hey dozy how you doing.Merry Xmas.

God knows what you call the rest of us ???
andywedge3 h, 12 m ago

Hi Anon32I expired the original because the link you posted came up at …Hi Anon32I expired the original because the link you posted came up at £24.99 rather than the £10 you said it was i.e the deal looked to be expired.If you realised you'd posted the wrong link / incorrect price you could / should have edited the original with the correct link / price rather than relisting.As you then reposted the same deal again at the same merchant, only this time with the correct link I realised the error you had made with the original listing and fixed it, so you wouldn't lose 'votes' already gained from the original listing and then removed your duplicate thread.Sorry that you think I'm dozy for doing this but I was only trying to fix the threads(s) so you wouldn't lose votes and / or have two identical threads from the same member posted within 30 minutes of each other.Please feel free to discuss this with Admin https://www.hotukdeals.com/contact

Good job the OP hasn't seen you in your onesie, imagine what he'd call you then
wonder if we'll see the op again after andys update ...
Class a thread backfire

In b4 more of these
summerof768 h, 9 m ago

As the song goes "wasn't me" my yubi dubi.
Edited by: "Joey.Bloggsy" 10th Dec 2017
Anon, just do a Meh! And move on,
Thanks for posting the deals
summerof769 h, 20 m ago

That leaves Dave Dee, beeky Mick and titch.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions