Groups

Alcatel Idol 4 versus Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

I have seen two deals on here recently, one for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (£111 AliExpress) and one for the Alcatel Idol 4 (£99 UK high-street store).

If I'm not mistaken they are both pretty much the same spec but the Redmi Note 4 (700+ temp) is much much higher in temperature than the Idol 4 (200+ temp) - why?

I have listed the pros for each:

Redmi Note 4:

Slightly better processor (both in the SD 6xx series)

Fingerprint sensor

Idol 4:

£12 cheaper

Built for the British market (for British use)

Warranty that can be used

No risk of custom charges.

To me the Idol 4 seems a better deal. So why is there a 500c difference in temperature? Am I missing something? Which is a better buy?

Thanks.

8 Comments

Voting for the idol 4 here. If you get it from Sainsburys Phoneshop you also get 2 cases, JBL headphones and a screen protector, in addition to the VR headset.

One processor is clocked at 2.0 GHz and the other at 1.5 GHz, it's a big difference when there are multiple cores.

I had an Idol 4 for a while, it's a nice phone, good performance, lovely screen, excellent build quality.

Edited by: "4Real2016" 19th May

Go for the Xiaomi Note 4. It has double the storage, a faster processor, fingerprint scanner + has a 50% bigger battery (very important) they are really solid phones

Global version with band 20 is the one to go for, works like any other UK phone

xiaomi much better. the processor will be faster and more efficient.

more storage of 32gb to 16gb.

much bigger battery. you'd don't appreciate how battery life has sucked before stepping up to a 4000+ battery.

I'd also imagine 5he xiaomi will get more updates for longer.

4Real2016

One processor is clocked at 2.0 GHz and the other at 1.5 GHz, it's a big … One processor is clocked at 2.0 GHz and the other at 1.5 GHz, it's a big difference when there are multiple cores.I had an Idol 4 for a while, it's a nice phone, good performance, lovely screen, excellent build quality.

​Did you have any software issues with the idol? I've read a few user reviews with reports of freezes / crashes.

Also does it support using the SD card as main storage?

quantum77

Did you have any software issues with the idol? I've read a few user … Did you have any software issues with the idol? I've read a few user reviews with reports of freezes / crashes.Also does it support using the SD card as main storage?

I only had it for a week but didn't experience any software problems.

Yes is supports adoptable storage, OS wise it's almost stock Marshmallow with a few tweaks.

If I were to choose I would pick the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 over the Alcatel Idol 4 due to the better processor and the Xiaomi is well supported in the custom rom department.

Any other smaller screen say upto max 5 inch dual sim phone with NFC ?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. BT Sport Vs SkySports11
      2. Anyone use a FitBit Surge?23
      3. Iptv813
      4. Does Tesco call you after a delivery?1015

See more discussions