Alcatel Pixi 4 (4) - Unlock recommendations?

Found 20th Mar 2017
Hi all. Not very 'up' when it comes to smartphones but got my first ever one on it's way to me to have a play. Unfortunately I need to get it unlocked (apparently) so I thought I'd ask you knowledgeable lot for advice.

I've noticed several people on Ebay offering to unlock for just 99p. Are these viable/genuine and are there any risks involved in giving your phone's info to these sellers? Can they do anything bad with them? Perhaps there is a particular seller you have used yourself and can vouch/recommend them as legitimate?

It's a bummer really but the phone is on O2 and I wanted a TalkTalk Mobile Essential Sim to put in it. I was told they now use O2 as a carrier but apparently not. They are still using Vodaphone but are in the 'process' of moving over to O2. This 'process' has been ongoing for a year or two though, so they tell me. I'm not going to hold my breath...

If you have any insight regarding the above, I'd love to hear. Thanks.
Community Updates
AskAlcatel
5 Comments
I had an alcatel pixi 4 which I bought from asda last year as a spare phone and was locked to asda mobile. Paid a couple of quid got it unlocked on ebay no problems at all. I've always had phones unlocked via ebay without issues.
Banned
I used this person on eBay when I needed my pixi 4 unlocking

It was only 99p and u send him you're imei number and the network the phone is locked too in the message section at the checkout

He will then send u the unlock code 30/45mins later sometimes sooner

Here's the link to it

m.ebay.co.uk/itm…A15
my unlock code was free from EE
Original Poster
Hi all. Sorry I haven't replied sooner but some other stuff got in the way, as it always does...:(

Thanks for the comments - particularly Luke067 - I will take a look. Most appreciated.

Best regards, Phsy.
Original Poster
Luke067

I used this person on eBay when I needed my pixi 4 unlockingIt was only … I used this person on eBay when I needed my pixi 4 unlockingIt was only 99p and u send him you're imei number and the network the phone is locked too in the message section at the checkout He will then send u the unlock code 30/45mins later sometimes soonerHere's the link to ithttp://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Unlock-Code-Network-Key-Alcatel-OneTouch-Pixi-3-4013X-Pixi-4-4034X-O2-EE-Virgin-/321341238944?hash=item4ad16e2ea0%3Ag%3Aa5IAAOxy9X5TW6Q1&_trkparms=pageci%253A0c49dc95-0db8-11e7-895b-74dbd180a8da%257Cparentrq%253Aedb88b6e15a0a5e0b6f2afdefffaace1%257Ciid%253A15

Thanks again, Luke067. Phone now unlocked. The seller sent me the code within a couple of minutes! Just got to get my head around how to use the phone now...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants