Expired

Alcohol and Cigarette allowance from Bulgaria.

Found 2nd Jun 2014
Having a quick look online and the Gov website says that you can bring in as much as 800 from a EU country, however, does that apply to Bulgaria as they don't even use the euro?

When you visit Tenerife, although part of spain, you are only allowed to bring back 200. Tad confused with it all.

Anyone been before and know?
Community Updates
AskAlcohol
11 Comments
the allowances from bulgaria are the same as any eu country

only buy fags in supermarket or duty free there is dodgy stuff about
tenarife is not in eu hence less allowance
sponduli

the allowances from bulgaria are the same as any eu country only buy fags … the allowances from bulgaria are the same as any eu country only buy fags in supermarket or duty free there is dodgy stuff abouttenarife is not in eu hence less allowance

I thought that aswell, everytime I search Bulgaria on the Gov website it is saying "allowance from outwith EU countries"

Confusing the hell out of me.
I havn't had any prob bringing fags in from bulgaria
sponduli

I havn't had any prob bringing fags in from bulgaria

Cheers for the info, appreciate it
bulgaria is in the eu

http://europa.eu/about-eu/countries/index_en.htm

therefore the rules are as follow

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/customs/arriving/arrivingeu.htm

THERE ARE NO LIMITS ON TOBACCO OR ALCOHOL

however if you have more than the following (800 cigs/ XX litres of alcohol)

customs are MORE LIKELY to question you

i did a cig run to budapest

i had 18 STICKS of cigerettes in my hand carry

i did get searched but no questions asked

what they're looking out for is if your going to sell it on, as the cigs are for my husband, i took the sleeves apart to arrange it neatly into my hand carry

they'll question you on how you paid/ where the money come from/ how often you smoke etc

but if it is for yourself, then you have nothing to worry about

however if your travelling FROM outside the EU, then its a totally didfferent thing!!

hope the above link has answered your question

read it carefully, i printed it off when i went on the cig run, in case someone told me something different which they did

at budapest airport, i was told i was only allowed one stick, when i showed them the print off from the uk gov. website, they said i'm buying at my own risk if they got confiscated
MML

bulgaria is in the … bulgaria is in the euhttp://europa.eu/about-eu/countries/index_en.htmtherefore the rules are as followhttp://www.hmrc.gov.uk/customs/arriving/arrivingeu.htmTHERE ARE NO LIMITS ON TOBACCO OR ALCOHOLhowever if you have more than the following (800 cigs/ XX litres of alcohol)customs are MORE LIKELY to question youi did a cig run to budapesti had 18 STICKS of cigerettes in my hand carryi did get searched but no questions askedwhat they're looking out for is if your going to sell it on, as the cigs are for my husband, i took the sleeves apart to arrange it neatly into my hand carrythey'll question you on how you paid/ where the money come from/ how often you smoke etcbut if it is for yourself, then you have nothing to worry abouthowever if your travelling FROM outside the EU, then its a totally didfferent thing!!hope the above link has answered your questionread it carefully, i printed it off when i went on the cig run, in case someone told me something different which they didat budapest airport, i was told i was only allowed one stick, when i showed them the print off from the uk gov. website, they said i'm buying at my own risk if they got confiscated

Thank you
Just because a country doesn't have the euro, doesn't mean they're not part of the EU.
There's an obvious example of this!!!

Tenerife is part of Spain therefore part of the EU and therefore subject to the same limits, despite what Dave down the pub might think.
DennisG

Just because a country doesn't have the euro, doesn't mean they're not … Just because a country doesn't have the euro, doesn't mean they're not part of the EU.There's an obvious example of this!!!Tenerife is part of Spain therefore part of the EU and therefore subject to the same limits, despite what Dave down the pub might think.

I was aware of this yes, it was the search on the Gov website bringing up Bulgaria as out of the EU which confused me.
Tenerife is not part of spain
It is a spanish territory and even dave down the pub knows it is Not in th EU

You will be telling us Gib is in the EU next
It is actually part of the EU, but apparently outside of the customs control of the EU.
Hi there,
I'm Bulgarian who's live and work in UK, so travel often btw UK and Bulgaria . All ways bring 6 sticks (1200) and to 10 litre alcohol or spirts They stop me for checks couple of times and there isn't any problems at all
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants