Alcohol Poisoning

Found 1st May 2009
Anyone ever had it?

My OH thinks he has got it after going out last night and drinking 1 bottle of wine, 1 sambuca shot, 1 vodka redbull and 4 beers.

Anyone know the symptoms?

1. Misc
  2. Alcohol
25 Comments

Banned

one of my school friends died of alcohol posioning it's very serious.

I'm sure what he's suffering from is just the man equivalent of a hangover.

The following represent other signs and symptoms of alcohol poisoning and alcohol poisoning effects:

Absent reflexes
No withdrawal from painful stimuli (for instance from pinching)
Confusion
Difficulty awakening the person
Seizures
Slow, shallow, or irregular breathing
Blue-tinged skin or pale skin
Unconsciousness (passing out)

highly doubt thats alchohol poisioning, you would know if you had it hes just got a hangover

The problem is, is that its completely dependent on the person to how much they can withstand, I could drink twice that and be fine, but, I have had alcohol poisoning before, not very nice, I was dehydrated, Had blotchy red patched on my skin, especially round my neck area, and had to forcefully sick myself up and drink a shed load of water to get over it. That was after a 18 hole pub golf session at uni a few years back. Best thing for your OH to do would to get a shed load of water down him.

Sounds like a standard night out to me

No way that has given him alcohol poisoning! tell him to stop being such a puff!

lol goonieman :roll:

Goonieman;5092987

No way that has given him alcohol poisoning! tell him to stop being such … No way that has given him alcohol poisoning! tell him to stop being such a puff!

+1 :-D :thumbsup:

Goonieman;5092987

No way that has given him alcohol poisoning! tell him to stop being such … No way that has given him alcohol poisoning! tell him to stop being such a puff!

I was just thinking the exact same thing and was trying to think how I could politely say it... instead I'm just going to...

+1

lol

lol the sympathy on this site makes me laugh...

but he might me a lightweight...

This is a joke surely?

I remember the days when if someone had a skinfull - that's exactly what it was. Best way to avoid the side effects is to fall asleep with a kebab besides your bed and munch it down about 8am in the morning after.

Right as rain by lunchtime.

He's probably dehydrated, water lots of and a sports drink should bring his electrolytes back up.

Failing that a Maccy Ds should fix him.

I've drunk well more than that before. It's just a bad hangover. Give him a good slap. He's obviously wanting you to run after him today.

yeah you would def kow if you have alcohol poisoning - he is just trying to make himself feel better for having a bad hangover!

tell him to man up!!

-10 for a poor attempt to get the sympathy vote!

Celticsun;5093097

He's probably dehydrated, water lots of and a sports drink should bring … He's probably dehydrated, water lots of and a sports drink should bring his electrolytes back up.Failing that a Maccy Ds should fix him.

Yep - sports drink to bring electrolytes up and a Maccy D to bring everything else up! :-D

I was admitted to hospital once with suspected alcohol poisoning and turned out I was pregnant, I really hope it's not the same for your OH:w00t:

Banned

Alcohol is a poison so any amount is alcohol poisoning

you cant get alcohol poisoning from breakfast surely!!

isn't it just like a man... stub their toe and suddenly they think they got gangrene and they're dying

seriously though unless he has some kind of medical condition such as diabetes where he shouldn't be drinking all that much due to his health, he'll be right as rain in a few days unless he's been given a "nasty" drink of some kind.

go see the GP if you are at all worried x x

Alcohol Poisoning is difficult do. If you drink to fast your body will make you vomit it up and too slow and your body processes it and if need be lessen functions to other parts of your body. When you liver can't process the alcohol any longer your kidneys will try and cover the job. They are not designed for this job and will hurt lots.
I think he just has a hangover, just drink some water and if need be buy some diarrhea powders which will help get his body back in balance.

Banned

"Internet, I am concerned that I may have poisoned myself. Can you help?

I need to know if I should ask random, unqualified people on the internet or seek professional help. It's a difficult decision, please help me."

DanJackson;5094568

"Internet, I am concerned that I may have poisoned myself. Can you help?I … "Internet, I am concerned that I may have poisoned myself. Can you help?I need to know if I should ask random, unqualified people on the internet or seek professional help. It's a difficult decision, please help me."

lol, have to set you up as an agony aunt!

DanJackson;5094568

"Internet, I am concerned that I may have poisoned myself. Can you help?I … "Internet, I am concerned that I may have poisoned myself. Can you help?I need to know if I should ask random, unqualified people on the internet or seek professional help. It's a difficult decision, please help me."

Was expecting somebody to post the sarcastic response. You've been hiding yourself away Dan we've the amusing comments.

unqualified- Experience is the ultimate qualification, not a good thing in this instance.
Post a comment
@
    Text