AlcoSense Excel Fuel Cell Breathalyzer - £119 @ AlcoSense

Posted 29th Nov
"Auto Express Magazine Best Buy 2018 and EVO Magazine Group Test Winner 2019"
The AlcoSense Excel includes a 64mm2 version of exactly the same Fuel Cell sensor used by Police breathalysers.

• 64mm2 Fuel Cell Sensor – smaller version of Police sensor
  • Almost twice as accurate as award winning AlcoSense Elite
  • 48mm Full Colour TFT Screen
  • Works with any drink drive limit in the world
  • Re-calibration alert
  • Award-winning housing design

Tests show AlcoSense Excel’s tolerance is +0.15‰BAC, -0.00‰BAC. This means the Excel will read a little on the safe side, not too low and more than twice as accurate as the award-winning AlcoSense Elite. These are not cheap Chinese products that may or may not work.

Enjoy your holiday but make sure you are not in prison over XMas for a drunk driving conviction at 10am after a few beers with your colleagues.

In France you have to have a recognised breathalyser device in your car at all times.
It is about time we did so in the United Kingdom.

alcosense.co.uk/alc…tml
Community Updates

Groups

22 Comments
Its ridiculous that people would buy this.
If you have a drink don't drive.
Christ what does it take to get the message across.
Get a taxi ppl.
jimmy_the_fridge29/11/2019 23:13

Its ridiculous that people would buy this.If you have a drink don't …Its ridiculous that people would buy this.If you have a drink don't drive.Christ what does it take to get the message across.Get a taxi ppl.

So you go out, drink & get a taxi home then what in the morning? Another taxi?
Willy_Wonka29/11/2019 23:15

So you go out, drink & get a taxi home then what in the morning? Another …So you go out, drink & get a taxi home then what in the morning? Another taxi?

Yes. It's cheaper than a year of taxis.

So you go out, drink & get a taxi home then what in the morning? Another …So you go out, drink & get a taxi home then what in the morning? Another taxi?

YES its still no where near £119

What Wonka said, the time these devices (not saying you need to spend this much) come into their own is the next day when you think you may be ok but actually you are not (especially in Scotland) I would never risk losing my licence over how I think/feel versus the statistical truth
pointless item ,if you were over the limit chances are you would still drive as you were under the influence.
jamstaruk197229/11/2019 23:19

YES its still no where near £119

OK where I live £119 is 6.5 taxis into town which equates to 3 return journeys.
jamstaruk197229/11/2019 23:22

pointless item ,if you were over the limit chances are you would still …pointless item ,if you were over the limit chances are you would still drive as you were under the influence.

Agreed......... How can it be a pointless item if the police use them to convict people in court? Are you saying the police should not bother? No you are not. So why would it be a pointless item to ensure you never lose your license?
Willy_Wonka29/11/2019 23:24

OK where I live £119 is 6.5 taxis into town which equates to 3 return …OK where I live £119 is 6.5 taxis into town which equates to 3 return journeys.

i cant believe you are trying to justify the item,sounds like you have a problem.
no buses? you dont have legs?
Willy_Wonka29/11/2019 23:27

Agreed......... How can it be a pointless item if the police use them to …Agreed......... How can it be a pointless item if the police use them to convict people in court? Are you saying the police should not bother? No you are not. So why would it be a pointless item to ensure you never lose your license?

its a pointless item as you should know not to drive after drinking and if you were unsure YOU probably are OVER the limit.
Willy_Wonka29/11/2019 23:24

OK where I live £119 is 6.5 taxis into town which equates to 3 return …OK where I live £119 is 6.5 taxis into town which equates to 3 return journeys.

Well then work it out. How much is a taxi for a year?
jamstaruk197229/11/2019 23:29

i cant believe you are trying to justify the item,sounds like you have a …i cant believe you are trying to justify the item,sounds like you have a problem.

I have no problem. It seems you have though.

Why do you think it is compulsory to have a device like this at all times in a car in France for example?

Do you think the French have a problem?
jimmy_the_fridge29/11/2019 23:35

Well then work it out. How much is a taxi for a year?

If I went to town once a week its is £1872 in taxis per year.
Willy_Wonka29/11/2019 23:39

ONLY IF YOU ARE over the legal limit,but you should never be in this situation UNLESS YOU HAVE A PROBLEM or just dont drive after drinking
Willy_Wonka29/11/2019 23:39

Would you lose your job if you had no licence?
So £1872 is worth it for a twenty quid journey?
Edited by: "jimmy_the_fridge" 29th Nov
Not getting at you willy. I love a drink and frequently enjoy it in copious amounts but when I do I am responsible and act accordingly.
jamstaruk197229/11/2019 23:45

ONLY IF YOU ARE over the legal limit,but you should never be in this …ONLY IF YOU ARE over the legal limit,but you should never be in this situation UNLESS YOU HAVE A PROBLEM or just dont drive after drinking

The truth is that biology/chemistry is very different in each and every one of us, there have been many times I have felt/believed I was good to drive after a reasonable night of drinking, however after double checking using these type of devices it made me consider that decision. Unfortunately the decision/knowledge is not as clear cut as you would like to think, it does not imply someone has a problem, however even if this type of device prevents you from losing your licence once, that would be a huge benefit/saving over the initial outlay, imho
Willy_Wonka29/11/2019 23:38

I have no problem. It seems you have though. Why do you think it is …I have no problem. It seems you have though. Why do you think it is compulsory to have a device like this at all times in a car in France for example?Do you think the French have a problem?

The thing is, you don’t have to carry a breathalyser in France. The fine for not carrying a breathalyser device in France was postponed indefinitely back in 2013.
Zero tolerance. If you needs this then you need to give yourself a wobble
Dannyrobbo30/11/2019 08:33

The thing is, you don’t have to carry a breathalyser in France. The fine f …The thing is, you don’t have to carry a breathalyser in France. The fine for not carrying a breathalyser device in France was postponed indefinitely back in 2013.

Dannyrobbo30/11/2019 08:33

The thing is, you don’t have to carry a breathalyser in France. The fine f …The thing is, you don’t have to carry a breathalyser in France. The fine for not carrying a breathalyser device in France was postponed indefinitely back in 2013.

That is incorrect. Everyone driving in france is required to carry with them a breathalyser. That is the law. The fact that they have stopped fining people does not mean the law is revoked.
Willy_Wonka01/12/2019 17:43

That is incorrect. Everyone driving in france is required to carry with …That is incorrect. Everyone driving in france is required to carry with them a breathalyser. That is the law. The fact that they have stopped fining people does not mean the law is revoked.

What is the consequence for failure to carry a breathalyser device in France?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants