Aldi has launched a new range of low-calorie diet wines!

Editor 20
Found 9th Aug 2017
Calorie counters rejoice! Gin and slimline tonic is the go-to drink for dieters, and thankfully Aldi has answered the call for more options, with their Featherweight wine range.

2760775-zU8Ii.jpg(via Daily Mail)

The four bottles in the range all cost £2.99 and have an alcohol percentage of 5.5, making it less than half as strong as typical wines, which typically have a percentage of 11.6.

The range includes a Sauvignon Blanc, an Italian Pinot Grigio, a Merlot, and a White Zinfandel.

A 125ml glass of Aldi's Featherweight Pinot Grigio contains just 55 calories, while a standard glass has double at 104.

Aldi's Featherweight Sauvignon Blanc meanwhile has 55 calories while the Merlot has 59.

However there is a small catch.

Only the Merlot is available nationwide, while the others are only available at certain regional locations.

The Sauvignon Blanc and White Zinfandel are only available in Swindon, Bathgate, Chelmsford, Neston, and Goldthorpe; while the Pinot Grigio can only be bought in Atherstone, Bolton, Darlington and Cardiff.

Tony Baines, joint managing director of corporate buying at Aldi UK, said: 'We have seen over the last year a real appetite from wine drinkers in the UK for lower calorie and ABV wines to moderate their alcohol intake.

'We ensure we're offering our customers the products they want and so have introduced our Featherweight wines as a lighter choice for our shoppers.

'These bottles have been carefully selected by our experts.'

So half the calories, but also half the alcohol percentage. What are your thoughts?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
20 Comments

Alcohol=sugar

don't kid yourself

Oh I see half the the alcohol as well
have a cuppa then
Edited by: "Wongy110" 9th Aug 2017

"...So half the calories, but also half the alcohol percentage. What are your thoughts?"

Like you care about calories from the other Food & Drink-related infomercials you have posted recently!

5.5 % Volume! Ideal for your corn flakes in the morning
Edited by: "themachman" 12th Aug 2017

Wongy1101 h, 16 m ago

Alcohol=sugardon't kid yourselfOh I see half the the alcohol as well have …Alcohol=sugardon't kid yourselfOh I see half the the alcohol as well have a cuppa then

There must be loads of sugar in vodka then. EEEK

leedale301 m ago

There must be loads of sugar in vodka then. EEEK

Yes.

Nice idea but.....not for me. I love my 🍷 wine, work all week, so for me it's got to be a large glass of 12% .

Wongy1102 h, 17 m ago

Yes.

Google says there is 0% sugar in vodka. They are probably wong.

leedale3011 m ago

Google says there is 0% sugar in vodka. They are probably wong.

31658991-Fsf2F.jpg

MFP tells me there's half as many calories in pale ale as ruby ale. It's probably lying but shhhhuuushhh....

P.S that looks disgusting. I tried their 8% rose the other day and didn't taste like anything that had ever been near a grape. I'd rather put fizzy water in full strength wine.

MSK.3 m ago

MFP tells me there's half as many calories in pale ale as ruby ale. It's …MFP tells me there's half as many calories in pale ale as ruby ale. It's probably lying but shhhhuuushhh....P.S that looks disgusting. I tried their 8% rose the other day and didn't taste like anything that had ever been near a grape. I'd rather put fizzy water in full strength wine.

I would rather drink rum tbh
31659119-lUyzq.jpg

Wongy1105 m ago

I would rather drink rum tbh[Image]

Did someone say rum? Must be time to get Morgan the cat out.

MSK.2 m ago

Did someone say rum? Must be time to get Morgan the cat out.

Morgan and 'The cat'

kinky (wink)

Wongy1103 m ago

Morgan and 'The cat'kinky (wink)

Morgan is the cat and the rum, but Morgan will come out of the cat and go in the kitty in a minute. And I promise there is no beastiality involved.

Say that after a rum.

MSK.2 m ago

Morgan is the cat and the rum, but Morgan will come out of the cat and go …Morgan is the cat and the rum, but Morgan will come out of the cat and go in the kitty in a minute. And I promise there is no beastiality involved.Say that after a rum.

31659227-9GO2l.jpgWas more worried about the whip
en.wikipedia.org/wik…ils
ouch

To make any alcoholic drink low calories like 50% off just half your standard alcoholic drink and add same volume of water as top up.

splender1 h, 52 m ago

To make any alcoholic drink low calories like 50% off just half your …To make any alcoholic drink low calories like 50% off just half your standard alcoholic drink and add same volume of water as top up.

To halve the calories of a standard drink just drink half of the standard volume.

The site mods are posting some dubious threads lately...

Wongy1103 h, 43 m ago

[Image]

There is no sugar in vodka then. That's good

How do I know how much of this stuff I can drink & still legally drive?

Carley20 m ago

How do I know how much of this stuff I can drink & still legally drive?

Surely rather than trying to work this out, which would be difficult to do as alcohol affects each of us in different ways, it would be more sensible to just not drive after you have consumed alcohol.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants