Aldi Is Giving Away Leftover Food on Christmas Eve to Charities again this Christmas

Posted 2nd Nov
Aldi is donating leftover and surplus food when they close their doors on Christmas Eve, meaning people without will be able to eat over the festive period.
but they need to register an interest by 11th November , so if your aware of any charities that may benefit from this please let them know .

While they cannot guess how much food will be available when they close their doors, in a previous year, they believed there were around 20-30 crates expected from each store.

IMPORTANT If you are a charity (or know of one to let them know about this), you need to contact neighbourly who are working in partnership with Aldi.

Before 11th November 2019, email AldiChristmas@Neighbourly.com and they will see if they can connect you with your closest store.
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

9 Comments
We should all boycott Aldi stores during Christmas week so there is enough to go around those in need.
When I used to work for M&S back in 2001 they used to give the food to homes and charity's but stopped as it was costing them money and time! Shame really. All places should do this rather than wasting, even if they tell people to come collect.
They used to have a staff shop and everything like peanuts, I remember one Christmas I must have filled about 5 bags of food for about a tenna, I just gave it away to family and neighbours
fanpages02/11/2019 18:04

We should all boycott Aldi stores during Christmas week so there is enough …We should all boycott Aldi stores during Christmas week so there is enough to go around those in need.

Then next year after noticing the drop in sales, they won't bother with this scheme at all.
jamie1503/11/2019 04:03

Then next year after noticing the drop in sales, they won't bother with …Then next year after noticing the drop in sales, they won't bother with this scheme at all.

Then neither will I.

That'll teach 'em.
fanpages03/11/2019 19:09

Then neither will I.That'll teach 'em.

A boycott wouldn't achieve much. Either it gets too popular and scheme is axed, or Aldi discount stock heavily the day before with discounts too good to miss out on.

A single person boycott may have the most effect as it would be barely noticeable
jamie1503/11/2019 19:14

...A single person boycott may have the most effect as it would be barely …...A single person boycott may have the most effect as it would be barely noticeable

Note the use of the first word in my first comment of this thread.
fanpages03/11/2019 19:15

Note the use of the first word in my first comment of this thread.

Yes I noticed, hence why I made that comment. Perhaps should have made that clearer.
jamie1503/11/2019 19:16

Yes I noticed, hence why I made that comment. Perhaps should have made …Yes I noticed, hence why I made that comment. Perhaps should have made that clearer.

OK. Perhaps you didn't realise I was being sarcastic too.
fanpages03/11/2019 19:17

OK. Perhaps you didn't realise I was being sarcastic too.

To myself:

38894331-Qxj3v.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants