Aldi to close all stores at 3pm on Sunday if England reach the final

Found 9th Jul
Absolutely loving this gesture from Aldi for their staff. If (when) England beat Croatia on Wednesday to progress to the final on Sunday, they're closing all stores at 3pm to allow their staff to see the game

2980063-Whlwn.jpg
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
TheRatedSeller3 h, 23 m ago

Trying to reduce the costs of wages! I bet you their stores are empty for …Trying to reduce the costs of wages! I bet you their stores are empty for a couple hours whenever England plays.

My local Morrisons & Sainbury's supermarkets were a delight to be in last Saturday afternoon; not only were the roads clear getting there, there was no trouble parking, & the aisles were full of ladies in skimpy summer clothes.

I would have brought more home with me, but I only have five seats in my car.
Trying to reduce the costs of wages! I bet you their stores are empty for a couple hours whenever England plays.
Aldi staff when they’re leaving work early for the final Vs when they see their wage slip at the end of the month

34297059.jpg
Edited by: "jayonline85" 9th Jul
33 Comments
Trying to reduce the costs of wages! I bet you their stores are empty for a couple hours whenever England plays.
Great gesture from Aldi. More companies should have an attitude like this. Saves everyone calling in sick
Come On England
Edited by: "andy186186" 9th Jul
Agree with the hope more do this.

Cost saving is obviously a part but who cares...

bar workers might not be as lucky
Our local Tesco will be doing this too.
They won't get paid though so they're not really doing them a favour out of generosity.
But what about my snacks and drinks....kidding
hearts223 m ago

They won't get paid though so they're not really doing them a favour out …They won't get paid though so they're not really doing them a favour out of generosity.

I think they will be, wouldn't it be unfair to those who don't watch football otherwise?
They close at 4pm on a Sunday, so that’s only an hour off, would’ve been a better gesture if they closed at 2pm to allow the staff to close up and head off home in time to watch the kick off.
Still ‘Every little helps’....... wait, that’s Tesco
Employee have to make their hour, they will start 1hr early, or have to work other day.
Aldi staff when they’re leaving work early for the final Vs when they see their wage slip at the end of the month

34297059.jpg
Edited by: "jayonline85" 9th Jul
Toptrumpet34 m ago

They close at 4pm on a Sunday, so that’s only an hour off, would’ve been a …They close at 4pm on a Sunday, so that’s only an hour off, would’ve been a better gesture if they closed at 2pm to allow the staff to close up and head off home in time to watch the kick off.Still ‘Every little helps’....... wait, that’s Tesco

Every little helps is a toxic slogan

it means ; every little is little
Toptrumpet50 m ago

They close at 4pm on a Sunday, so that’s only an hour off, would’ve been a …They close at 4pm on a Sunday, so that’s only an hour off, would’ve been a better gesture if they closed at 2pm to allow the staff to close up and head off home in time to watch the kick off.Still ‘Every little helps’....... wait, that’s Tesco

splender16 m ago

Every little helps is a toxic slogan it means ; every little is little

No no no no n.....

Yes.
34297425-U7q18.jpg
Wongy1104 m ago

No no no no n.....Yes.[Image]

I did say it is a toxic slogan, it is a yes for me. Every Lidl is Lidl (a la style : Every brexit is brexit)
Edited by: "splender" 9th Jul
splender3 m ago

I did say it is a toxic slogan, it is a yes for me.

Not sure how see that but no doubt you will 'enlighten' me
I do know a lot of supermarket stuff is like the 'Fresh' banners they have plastered all over the place.
(spotted you Jeff mate)
Just as well it is not a repeat of 1966 Germany vs. England, else the shops could be boarded up.
hearts221 h, 10 m ago

They won't get paid though so they're not really doing them a favour out …They won't get paid though so they're not really doing them a favour out of generosity.

The local Tesco is opening an hour earlier and closing at 3pm.
Staff doing the same number of hours overall.
Uranus1 h, 55 m ago

Our local Tesco will be doing this too.

Not Aldi/Lidl so cold.
TheRatedSeller3 h, 23 m ago

Trying to reduce the costs of wages! I bet you their stores are empty for …Trying to reduce the costs of wages! I bet you their stores are empty for a couple hours whenever England plays.

My local Morrisons & Sainbury's supermarkets were a delight to be in last Saturday afternoon; not only were the roads clear getting there, there was no trouble parking, & the aisles were full of ladies in skimpy summer clothes.

I would have brought more home with me, but I only have five seats in my car.
jamie0152 h, 42 m ago

I think they will be, wouldn't it be unfair to those who don't watch …I think they will be, wouldn't it be unfair to those who don't watch football otherwise?

Nah, they'll most likely make up that hour during the week or start an hour early.
They won't work an hour less and get paid for it otherwise.

When my manager decided I could leave earlier, if I wanted to,a couple of times I didn't get paid for the lost time (I was aware of that). It's not generosity.
Edited by: "hearts22" 9th Jul
saphiryman2 h, 28 m ago

Employee have to make their hour, they will start 1hr early, or have to …Employee have to make their hour, they will start 1hr early, or have to work other day.

I think your German-English dictionary is broken.
Ain’t nothing more than a PR stunt ! If they REALLY cared they’d let the Admin / Warehouse workers have it off too !
ASongOfFireAndIce9th Jul

Ain’t nothing more than a PR stunt ! If they REALLY cared they’d let the Ad …Ain’t nothing more than a PR stunt ! If they REALLY cared they’d let the Admin / Warehouse workers have it off too !

If it bothers you that much don't shop there after 3pm on the day.

That will teach 'em!
fanpages1 h, 8 m ago

My local Morrisons & Sainbury's supermarkets were a delight to be in last …My local Morrisons & Sainbury's supermarkets were a delight to be in last Saturday afternoon; not only were the roads clear getting there, there was no trouble parking, & the aisles were full of ladies in skimpy summer clothes.I would have brought more home with me, but I only have five seats in my car.

Were you filling your trolley with West’s Tuna? Does Lidl have a special on plastering items.
That's my Sunday screwed ! , I was going to go into Aldi , buy a six pack and watch the match in their TV section - Is there nowhere left for us cheapskates ?
rogparki6 m ago

That's my Sunday screwed ! , I was going to go into Aldi , buy a six pack …That's my Sunday screwed ! , I was going to go into Aldi , buy a six pack and watch the match in their TV section - Is there nowhere left for us cheapskates ?

Simple, go to the pub and get a glass of tap water. Free night out!
Good to see the Germans in the trenches with us
So the employees will lose 1hour of pay? What if they don't like football
rogparki3 h, 23 m ago

That's my Sunday screwed ! , I was going to go into Aldi , buy a six pack …That's my Sunday screwed ! , I was going to go into Aldi , buy a six pack and watch the match in their TV section - Is there nowhere left for us cheapskates ?

Or just go early lol, its just 3pm instead of 4pm
I hope Lidl and Tesco don't copy this, I plan my shopping trips for when the tedious football is on so it is nice and quiet.
So the German supermarkets will be supporting England then? Should we make it of course.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 10th Jul
Iceland have gone one better and will shut up shop at 2pm in their UK stores so staff can get home to see the game, with full pay too

liverpoolecho.co.uk/wha…amp
ndksamb7 h, 31 m ago

Iceland have gone one better and will shut up shop at 2pm in their UK …Iceland have gone one better and will shut up shop at 2pm in their UK stores so staff can get home to see the game, with full pay toohttps://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/shopping/iceland-responds-aldis-decision-close-14890741.amp

Now that's a good gesture! Aldi just want to avoid paying staff at a time when there's no customers.
No early finish for the Aldi staff, damn.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants