Aldi to give away all its unsold fresh food to 'less fortunate individuals' on Christmas Eve

Found 6th Dec 2017
Aldi to give away all its unsold fresh food to 'less fortunate individuals' on Christmas Eve

snip.ly/ny9wi
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
hooray.henry32 m ago

Lastvyear my lical had abiut 30 turkeys,various meats etc left in the …Lastvyear my lical had abiut 30 turkeys,various meats etc left in the shelf on christmas eve. I asked what they did with ut charities etc maybe ? Hus answer was its going in the bins at closing time. Whaf a waste, im glad theyve changed their policg this year.

I'm guessing by your post that they won't be throwing out any unsold lager!!!
9 Comments
Aldi isnt the first, glad they've joined the club, perhaps do it all year round like others...

1) SAINSBURY’S 7.6%
Food surplus: 38,767 tonnes
Food donated: 2,935 tonnes
Wasted food: 35,832 tonnes (of which 8,922 tonnes sent to animal feed and 26,910 tonnes for anaerobic digestion)
London stores with food donation partnerships: 57% (208 of 365 stores)
They say: “We were co-founder of food redistribution charity FareShare in 1994 and have been working ever since to donate surplus food to charities, longer than any other supermarket. In the past year we sent 425 tonnes to FareShare and about 2,510 tonnes was donated from 931 of our 1,383 stores nationwide that have partnerships with charities, including 208 of our 365 London stores. Our aim is for all stores to have at least one food donation partner by 2020.”

How do they define 'less fortunate individuals' though?? Homeless yes, homeless smackheads and people who have spent money they dont have on stuff they dont need NO!

This is a great scheme though, people get fed and the stores reduce their waste charges and environmental impact.... its not really rocket science
frakison33 m ago

How do they define 'less fortunate individuals' though??

People who don't own a supermarket chain
frakison1 h, 27 m ago

How do they define 'less fortunate individuals' though?? Homeless yes, …How do they define 'less fortunate individuals' though?? Homeless yes, homeless smackheads and people who have spent money they dont have on stuff they dont need NO!This is a great scheme though, people get fed and the stores reduce their waste charges and environmental impact.... its not really rocket science

Pretty much if you are queuing for free food you are less fortunate than most people in the UK.
Edited by: "catbeans" 6th Dec 2017
Lastvyear my lical had abiut 30 turkeys,various meats etc left in the shelf on christmas eve. I asked what they did with ut charities etc maybe ? Hus answer was its going in the bins at closing time. Whaf a waste, im glad theyve changed their policg this year.
catbeans7 h, 41 m ago

Pretty much if you are queuing for free food you are less fortunate than …Pretty much if you are queuing for free food you are less fortunate than most people in the UK.

Not really, my point is that if you've squandered your money you're more stupid than less fortunate
hooray.henry32 m ago

Lastvyear my lical had abiut 30 turkeys,various meats etc left in the …Lastvyear my lical had abiut 30 turkeys,various meats etc left in the shelf on christmas eve. I asked what they did with ut charities etc maybe ? Hus answer was its going in the bins at closing time. Whaf a waste, im glad theyve changed their policg this year.

I'm guessing by your post that they won't be throwing out any unsold lager!!!
frakison18 m ago

Not really, my point is that if you've squandered your money you're more …Not really, my point is that if you've squandered your money you're more stupid than less fortunate

I personally wouldn't know what's squandered and what's not, I have no idea how far benefits go. I don't know an individuals circumstances, I don't know why someone would chose to spend what little they have on drugs or alcohol either. Maybe you can volunteer at your local Aldi since you can judge what is squandered.
Other supermarkets reduce them near closing time so they get sold, my local Sainsbury's don't bin turkeys.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants