Alexa calling and messaging now available in UK on all echo devices

Found 28th Sep 2017
Okay, not a deal as such but for anyone unaware, you can now make calls and text through all echo devices... it's been available in America for a while now but just arrived in the UK with the release of the new echo devices. Apologies if already posted but I did look and can't see it.

amazon.co.uk/b/r…031

Simply update tithe alexa app by following the link.

Introducing Alexa calling and messaging

Alexa calling and messaging is rolling out across the Echo family over the coming days. You you can use your Echo Dot, Amazon Echo (1st and 2nd generation), Echo Plus and Echo Show to call or message anyone with a supported Echo device or the Alexa App on their smartphone—at no additional cost.
Community Updates
11 Comments
Moved to MISC as info / heads up
Thanks, wasn't sure where to post this 😁
Not sure I'd need it.
The link takes you to amazon's website which then asks you to download the Alexa app. And the app has not been updated.

Have you tried it?
bachoo78620 m ago

The link takes you to amazon's website which then asks you to download the …The link takes you to amazon's website which then asks you to download the Alexa app. And the app has not been updated.Have you tried it?

Not yet, I'm at work and was planning to tonight... looked again and by the links it says it's rolling out over the next day or two.

Would think they would update the app before putting up the links though.
I deleted the app and downloaded it again but couldn't see any changes so will wait till the end of the week.
Be better if it could call mobiles
bachoo7866 h, 56 m ago

The link takes you to amazon's website which then asks you to download the …The link takes you to amazon's website which then asks you to download the Alexa app. And the app has not been updated.Have you tried it?

Still not been updated.
updated for Android, BUT NOT for iOS. If you are using an iPhone you will have to wait......
XboxSupportNumber38 m ago

To get amazing deals related to Xbox Games for Xbox Consoles just visit …To get amazing deals related to Xbox Games for Xbox Consoles just visit Xbox Support. Every Friday get free auction on latest Xbox games.

You'll be banned in a few minutes.
XboxSupportNumber13 h, 12 m ago

To get amazing deals related to Xbox Games for Xbox Consoles just visit …To get amazing deals related to Xbox Games for Xbox Consoles just visit Xbox Support. Every Friday get free auction on latest Xbox games.

Goodbye to you and your IP.. Been nice knowing you. x
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions