Alexa - Spotify family or Amazon family?

Found 14th Dec 2017
Hey, I want to buy my kids an alexa each, also I want to listen to music in my golf mk6 bluetooth.
Been looking online and it's very vague.
If I buy 2 alexa devices, can my kids take it home and use it at their mothers house on a family membership?
If so can this be done with Spotify and amazon music, also which one is best?

I also want to create my own music for my car rides.

If they can only use a echo for my house only its pointless as they are only here 2 days a week.

Can someone help me with this info please.
Thanks all.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
12 Comments

The echo will connect to wifi wherever they are and will access the music account that is registered to the echo, as for which one i think spotify is the better one

Amazon family has a 3 month deal on at the min look it up on this site

Just to jump on this- is YouTube no longer supported on the Amazon Echo or Dot (2nd Gen)?

Kak174 m ago

Just to jump on this- is YouTube no longer supported on the Amazon Echo or …Just to jump on this- is YouTube no longer supported on the Amazon Echo or Dot (2nd Gen)?

Nope Google pulled it after Amazon refused to sell Google home or minis. How ever Amazon are thinking about selling them again in Jan so hopefully Google will reinstate it.

Kak176 m ago

Just to jump on this- is YouTube no longer supported on the Amazon Echo or …Just to jump on this- is YouTube no longer supported on the Amazon Echo or Dot (2nd Gen)?

Have a read it's actually quite amusing
theverge.com/cir…ast

larrylightweight12 m ago

Nope Google pulled it after Amazon refused to sell Google home or minis. …Nope Google pulled it after Amazon refused to sell Google home or minis. How ever Amazon are thinking about selling them again in Jan so hopefully Google will reinstate it.

Oh goodness I hope so! One of the reasons I bought my dad the Echos was to play music from his YouTube play lists, and then I heard there was a problem between Google and Amazon Thanks for the article!
Edited by: "Kak17" 15th Dec 2017

Original Poster

Amazon have not released a lot of universal music material from what I can see.
So what you are saying is 6 family members can all listen to different music wherever they are? And they won't kick a user off?
Looking online a few months ago people were having issues with Spotify and alexa only allowing 1 user even though you have multiple alexa devices, which seemed pointless of having a family membership.
Apart from the 3 months free, whats better, Spotify or Amazon prime family music? That is if I can listen to 4 different music stations in my car and 2 alexa devices.
Thanks again

Original Poster

So Spotify and amazon will play different music in 3 differently locations without kicking a user off?

People were saying Spotify would only all one music stream from the main account holder and not allow others to play their own music at the same time time

I use spotify on sonos and that recognises it as one account but can stream differently in each of the rooms

Spotify has premium for 99p for three months too so try both and see how you get on for a small price

Original Poster

So final question before i spend 140.00 on 2 devices;
1. either on Spotify family or Amazon family, we can all listen to 6 different songs a the same time without withount being kicked out?
2. if my girls decide to bring the Alexa home, can they still use their music device home as long as there is a valid wifi connection, and not limited to my house only?

Another question for me, I have a huge yammy amp, can I use the alexa to turn on all my devices and give a voice commend and it will turn on my TV and amp nvidia shield, or so I need some sort of hub?
Sorry for all the questions, but dont want to spend all this money for only 1 or 2 people to listen to amazon music and the 3rd and 4th are stuffed and cant listen to different types of music in different rooms?
Last question I swear.

PS I have a hamony 950 elite , but no harmony hub.
Thanks for my annoying questions, just never signed up to a music hub and streaming site.
or Should I get a dot for my car, is this worth while, or just use my phone for my MK6 Golf TDI
I take it the echo does not accept deezer as cant see this on their list
Edited by: "canada16" 15th Dec 2017

canada163 h, 8 m ago

So final question before i spend 140.00 on 2 devices;1. either on Spotify …So final question before i spend 140.00 on 2 devices;1. either on Spotify family or Amazon family, we can all listen to 6 different songs a the same time without withount being kicked out?2. if my girls decide to bring the Alexa home, can they still use their music device home as long as there is a valid wifi connection, and not limited to my house only?Another question for me, I have a huge yammy amp, can I use the alexa to turn on all my devices and give a voice commend and it will turn on my TV and amp nvidia shield, or so I need some sort of hub?Sorry for all the questions, but dont want to spend all this money for only 1 or 2 people to listen to amazon music and the 3rd and 4th are stuffed and cant listen to different types of music in different rooms?Last question I swear.PS I have a hamony 950 elite , but no harmony hub. Thanks for my annoying questions, just never signed up to a music hub and streaming site.or Should I get a dot for my car, is this worth while, or just use my phone for my MK6 Golf TDI I take it the echo does not accept deezer as cant see this on their list

Not exactly sure how many you can listen to at once but I know it's at least 3 each playing different songs in a different room.

I read on the bbc tech page amazon have now done a u-turn on the google product ban
Post a comment
@
    Text