Alexa vs googlehome , help me

Found 21st Jan
Hey peeps!
I’ve been searching and searching everywhere , but there is no definitive answer. Which is better???? My budget is around £150 mark, just want a smart speaker but which is the best?
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
In laws have had both, Alexa broke after about 6 months and they went with google. They prefer google, think it is better all round, better interface, can answer questions in more detail and does more than Alexa and you can link it to Spotify more easier. Kids though think Alexa is better as it’s more friendly they say, as it has more of a sense of humour. Apple version is supposedly coming this year as well.
I have amazon prime that’s what is making me sway to Alexa , and for the Apple, well rumoured price of £359, they can jump!
If you have amazon prime then alexa is a no brainer, had mine 12 months with no issues.
Have you got the echo ??? Which version?
benrobertsno14 m ago

If you have amazon prime then alexa is a no brainer, had mine 12 months …If you have amazon prime then alexa is a no brainer, had mine 12 months with no issues.

benrobertsno12 h, 11 m ago

If you have amazon prime then alexa is a no brainer, had mine 12 months …If you have amazon prime then alexa is a no brainer, had mine 12 months with no issues.

Why is it a no brainer? If you like amazon music then yes but other than that? Wouldn’t call it a no brainier.
Edited by: "eslick" 21st Jan
Nothing In it. The voice search is better with goggle home because Google is a search company. Both do I nice job really.... Are you a amazon prime member with fire tables and TV.. If so get amazon.. If not get Google
sasultrasonic1 h, 2 m ago

Have you got the echo ??? Which version?

I have the echo. The big speaker one, paid 100 for it. I use it for amazon music a lot, the sound is very good, bass is pretty impressive for the size of it. It's easy to set up and you can add skills which are very useful and/or funny, I also use it for audio books.
I've got a few echo dots and it's great for controlling smart devices and music etc, but general questions it's mostly useless.

I'd probably switch to Google home minis if they had an audio out, they don't so I'll stick with Alexa for now. Personally I find the full size ones of either to be useless if you have speakers already they're provably better quality.
I prefer amazon at the moment, however if CES this year is to be believed we’re going to get swamped by all kinds of third parties with either Alexa or google home on, especially one with screens. It’s going to be HD Vs Blu ray wars again, you see it now, sonos, JBL stuff creeping in,
deleted1336857
If you like your music, I'd recommend SONOS Play One and dot.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants