AliExpress / Banggood / GearBest

16 replies
Found 4th Jan
Hi. I would like to know which of the three is the best site? Have you had any problems with any of them? Thanks

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
16 Comments

I've ordered over 100 products with aliexpress and had no problems, delivery can take up to 5 weeks but if your not in a rush then you can save a lot of money, I recommend buying from a high rated seller and always check reviews. hope this helps.

AliExpress is a great site, only had a couple of problems with 2 rings where the stones came out.

AliExpress

I ordered once from aliexpress over a year ago and it was the worst experience ever. Got a faulty item and it was such a hassle getting a refund, never mind a refund for the shipping or return shipping. Would never use it again.

I use gearbest now and again, its fine. Only once had a problem but paypal sorted it for me.

If anything I would recommend using paypal to pay when using any of these sites rather than entering your debit card.
Delivery usually happens between 2-3 weeks but can take upto 5 weeks, depending on what shipping method and how quickly they ship it. Sometimes it can take them upto 3 days or more just to pack and ship your order.

Hope that helps.

Dan__

I ordered once from aliexpress over a year ago and it was the worst … I ordered once from aliexpress over a year ago and it was the worst experience ever. Got a faulty item and it was such a hassle getting a refund, never mind a refund for the shipping or return shipping. Would never use it again.I use gearbest now and again, its fine. Only once had a problem but paypal sorted it for me. If anything I would recommend using paypal to pay when using any of these sites rather than entering your debit card. Delivery usually happens between 2-3 weeks but can take upto 5 weeks, depending on what shipping method and how quickly they ship it. Sometimes it can take them upto 3 days or more just to pack and ship your order. Hope that helps.

Telling crap here...
I have ordered well over 100 items from AliExpress - not a single problem. You need to check seller reviews and ratings, and you are safe. Gearbeast prices are twice more AliExpress has...

Rimi

Telling crap here...I have ordered well over 100 items from AliExpress - … Telling crap here...I have ordered well over 100 items from AliExpress - not a single problem. You need to check seller reviews and ratings, and you are safe. Gearbeast prices are twice more AliExpress has...

Not saying crap. Sharing my own experience. Maybe your the lucky one. I checked the ratings etc before hand.

Think it may also depend on what you're ordering, and who you're ordering from.

I think I've ordered from both Aliexpress and Gearbest, had no problems.

They are all much of a muchness, but forums seem to slightly favour aliexpress

Aliexpress is a marketplace so totally different to the other two.

I've used them all, prefer aliexpress.

Original Poster

Thanks everyone. Looks like AliExpress is the one.

Just generally looking for a replacement phone for my 15 year old son. The budget is £175 (which he saved up from his birthday (November) and Christmas). Unless there's a chance for something cheaper, around £100?

Needs the following:

4G Service
3gb or 4gb storage (or more)
Minimum 32gb data
NFC
Hexa-core (or higher) better for performance
Latest Android version (I'm guessing it's 6.0.1?)
Fingerprint scanner
Rear and forward facing camera
Minimum 5 inch

Any idea what make I should look for? Maybe something like Original Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Pro 3GB 64GB MTK Helio X20 Deca Core Fingerprient ID FDD LTE 4G 13MP 4100mAh 5.5"1080P 64GB TF Card Cell Phone but it's £15212 (http://s.aliexpress.com/YnemQvQF) ?

Android 7 nougat is the latest but not on many phones.

The number of cores is a poor indication of performance. For example that note 4 with the 10 core processor is made by mediatek who make absolute buggy junk and just chuck more cores at it to try and make up for it, which uses more battery and performs worse.

A Qualcomm chip will perform much better. The Redmi 4 will be better but no NFC. Generally ok a Chinese phone NFC won't work for things like Google play anyway.

Xiaomi is a good make to check out though, you might just be able to get their high end Mi 5 in budget which is the same specs as the galaxy s7 I think with Qualcomm 820. Be aware that you'll need to reflash the phone software yourself as a lot of sellers but their own virus filled buggy software on that will steal your data.

Xiaomi Note 4 is a downgrade to the note 3, been mentioned many times
Xiaomi Note 3 Band 20 official Global version highly recommened, comes brand new in sealed box like any uk phone (unlike other versions sellers open and flash before sending)

Another vote for Ali Express here. Just buy from a high-rated seller like you would on ebay.

Original Poster

Silly question, but what exactly is flashing, and how do you flash? I'm not an android user.... I have an iPhone, so I'm just wondering what it means if and when I purchase a phone for my son.

I have been a gold buyer on Alibaba and Aliexpress was used for 10s of thousands of transactions.

99% of the time, things go right and most sellers do want to help when they go wrong.

However, that other 1% is a pain in the backside.

They have on numerous occasions sent me completely different parts then argued with me that its the correct part.

They will ask to send back to China for refund but the cost of returning is much higher than the product itself.

I would recommend gearbest for retail purchases. You have paypal protection and aliexpress favour sellers.

I still spend thousands a month and will continue to use but after years of buying and using my regular suppliers i know what to expect.

It all depends on the seller and the supply line they are using

Sandy1012

Xiaomi Note 4 is a downgrade to the note 3, been mentioned many … Xiaomi Note 4 is a downgrade to the note 3, been mentioned many timesXiaomi Note 3 Band 20 official Global version highly recommened, comes brand new in sealed box like any uk phone (unlike other versions sellers open and flash before sending)

​This is nonsense.

A downgrade, i dont think so.

The chip is just as good and in some cases better on the mediatek. The reason it is loved more than the mediatek is purely on the rom dev side of things.

But to say its a downgrade is not true.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. US GrandPrix Razzmatazz56
    2. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…56119
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428314659
    4. word association Game74244933

See more discussions