AliExpress. Could anyone tell me what is the AliExpress. Is it reliable?

Posted 11th Nov
The AliExpress website looks like amazon with multiple sellers for same product but different price. Also, are they shipped from China?
Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
It's more like eBay. AliExpress is a place business can list their products for sale and Alibaba process the payments. The payments are held in escrow, so they don't get paid until you receive your goods.

Most things are shipped from China, but some sellers have product in warehouses in other countries. These are usually priced a little higher though.
It is a marketplace, where different sellers place their items. Mostly shipped from China, but often not, even from within the EU. Same seller may ship from various locations.
Problems with Aliexpress is that one of course has less recourse against seller, being in China, so use a credit card or paypal to pay. You could also be charged customs and vat on products if they are shipped from outside the EU, although I never have, in the 30+ transactions Ive had.
AliExpress will refund if items not received or as described. Their service is much better than PayPal/ebay and quicker. Not saying it’s perfect but if you don’t mind waiting for items then I recommend over ebay as the sellers want to be paid, rather than ebay where they already had your money and don’t care.
I've placed hundreds of orders and spent thousands and never had an issue that wasn't resolved I've spent about £300 today on various things ranging from £1-£90 (about 15 orders).
dcx_badass11/11/2019 17:52

I've placed hundreds of orders and spent thousands and never had an issue …I've placed hundreds of orders and spent thousands and never had an issue that wasn't resolved I've spent about £300 today on various things ranging from £1-£90 (about 15 orders).

£300 +vat
adam_holcombe11/11/2019 19:18

£300 +vat

Only two items out of the 15 only two were over the threshold, and one is apparently coming via ems with no customs so not quite. if that's correct then I'm only on the hook for vat on about £50. I'm not so bothered about the vat anyway, its the £8 rm fee that really annoys me.
choccie3211/11/2019 17:51

AliExpress will refund if items not received or as described. Their …AliExpress will refund if items not received or as described. Their service is much better than PayPal/ebay and quicker. Not saying it’s perfect but if you don’t mind waiting for items then I recommend over ebay as the sellers want to be paid, rather than ebay where they already had your money and don’t care.

Nope, not necessarily true, because if the seller marks it as posted via "proof of posting" you may well find that you only get a % of the total costs (in my case 50% loss) for an item that didn't arrive but showed as "landed" (by the automatic guesstimate algorithm they use (not good) before "allegedly" it went back to china the next day!

I was blamed for all sorts by the seller, who lied about sending another unit out!
I've used both this and Wish a lot and found them both reliable and good at refunds if something goes wrong. Really the issue is the waiting time, but if you're happy to wait then so far (for me) so good.
Had 13 orders without issue, then 2 orders in a row have not arrived, 1 says ready for dispatch, other left country of origin. Both orders placed on 18th sept, had to put in a dispute now, hopefully get money back soon so I can re-order from elsewhere.
currently been waiting 7 weeks for a pair of £8 earphones
nut1412/11/2019 21:12

currently been waiting 7 weeks for a pair of £8 earphones

And, do you have an issue with that? How long was the indicated shipping?
Edited by: "bigpappa69" 13th Nov
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions