Aliexpress for jewellery?

Posted 13th Dec 2019
I have just seen some jewellery amazon I really liked so search for the company direct and found they sell it on aliexpress, not a big brand so don’t think it’s fake but anyway, has anyone ordered jewellery from them? I’ve never ordered from them and I understand they don’t take paypal si feeling a bit cautious. Can anyone advise?
Thanks in advance! 😁
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

34 Comments
Even if it's a small brand AliExpress is known for its fake stuff. I would advise you to purchase from its actual website or Amazon as then you can contact them while they are more reliable then AliExpress
H4M213/12/2019 20:33

Even if it's a small brand AliExpress is known for its fake stuff. I would …Even if it's a small brand AliExpress is known for its fake stuff. I would advise you to purchase from its actual website or Amazon as then you can contact them while they are more reliable then AliExpress

That’s kind of what I thought anyway but at half the price I was thinking to go for it. Thanks for the advice though
LillyM13/12/2019 20:38

That’s kind of what I thought anyway but at half the price I was thinking t …That’s kind of what I thought anyway but at half the price I was thinking to go for it. Thanks for the advice though

Your welcome depends if it's like really cheap let's say <£10 then I'll say go for it. if anything happens I doubt you can be refunded etc as AliExpress is that sort of website
I’ve bought from there for years without any issues .. I would say all the jewellery is fake , plasticy and tarnish rather easy .. items do take weeks to arrive also
H4M213/12/2019 20:39

Your welcome depends if it's like really cheap let's say <£10 then I'll … Your welcome depends if it's like really cheap let's say <£10 then I'll say go for it. if anything happens I doubt you can be refunded etc as AliExpress is that sort of website

It is roughly about that, but at that price I’d be tempted to buy a few things to make it worthwhile which is why I’m hmmming and ahring about it..maybe I’ll sleep on it 😁
shay1234513/12/2019 20:41

I’ve bought from there for years without any issues .. I would say all the …I’ve bought from there for years without any issues .. I would say all the jewellery is fake , plasticy and tarnish rather easy .. items do take weeks to arrive also

I’m not too fussed about the time it takes, I am a sucker for jewellery though so as above would be tempted to get a few bits...I might just buy it from here and not get too many pieces 😁
LillyM13/12/2019 20:47

I’m not too fussed about the time it takes, I am a sucker for jewellery t …I’m not too fussed about the time it takes, I am a sucker for jewellery though so as above would be tempted to get a few bits...I might just buy it from here and not get too many pieces 😁

by the way I'm sure your very beautiful to consider buying jewellery. You don't need jewellery in my opinion just be who you are!
LillyM13/12/2019 20:47

I’m not too fussed about the time it takes, I am a sucker for jewellery t …I’m not too fussed about the time it takes, I am a sucker for jewellery though so as above would be tempted to get a few bits...I might just buy it from here and not get too many pieces 😁

I buy very frequently it’s so affordable I don’t mind if it gets lost or damaged, almost daily there’s a little package of goods from AliExpress delivered.
H4M213/12/2019 20:49

by the way I'm sure your very beautiful to consider buying jewellery. You …by the way I'm sure your very beautiful to consider buying jewellery. You don't need jewellery in my opinion just be who you are!

Oh that’s nice of you, I think I get it from my mum, she used to always wear earrings and would say she felt naked without them, I’ve always liked them but I think since she’s passed i’ve not been more than a day without some on 😁
shay1234513/12/2019 20:50

I buy very frequently it’s so affordable I don’t mind if it gets lost or da …I buy very frequently it’s so affordable I don’t mind if it gets lost or damaged, almost daily there’s a little package of goods from AliExpress delivered.

My uncle is the same, but his are electronics, I’m just more sure that these wouldn’t get lost and as I wouldn’t buy more than £100, I’d be gutted if they never turned up... oh well, I’ll have a think about it I think
So long as it's cheap your OK.
Just a tip have a look at the description and search again, then look at similar items it throws up.

There's loads of stuff on there for about 50p you see on markets for about £5.
MonkeysUncle13/12/2019 21:32

So long as it's cheap your OK.Just a tip have a look at the description …So long as it's cheap your OK.Just a tip have a look at the description and search again, then look at similar items it throws up. There's loads of stuff on there for about 50p you see on markets for about £5.

Well, I’ve checked the actual website and I can’t find an address for them, so I don’t even think they are based in the Uk or even eu, there are pieces on eBay, all shipping from China, so I’m thinking I might tempt it, thanks for the heads up everyone !!
If the same piece is similar price on ebay buy from there. Aliexpress usually goes in favour of seller where as eBay goes in favour of buyer.
MonkeysUncle13/12/2019 21:39

If the same piece is similar price on ebay buy from there. Aliexpress …If the same piece is similar price on ebay buy from there. Aliexpress usually goes in favour of seller where as eBay goes in favour of buyer.

That’s kind of the issue though, they are double the price on eBay... now, am I ok to put my debit card details to pay ( silly question but I rarely buy direct from China, usually through eBay or amazon) thanks again for helping numpty dumpy here
LillyM13/12/2019 20:58

My uncle is the same, but his are electronics, I’m just more sure that t …My uncle is the same, but his are electronics, I’m just more sure that these wouldn’t get lost and as I wouldn’t buy more than £100, I’d be gutted if they never turned up... oh well, I’ll have a think about it I think

I’ve actually never had much of an issue with items not turning up and if you contact them they refund pretty quick or send it again.
shay1234513/12/2019 22:22

I’ve actually never had much of an issue with items not turning up and if y …I’ve actually never had much of an issue with items not turning up and if you contact them they refund pretty quick or send it again.

Cool, I think I’ll take the plunge! Do you pay with a debit card? I haven’t got a credit card, we’ll I do have a joint one but hubby has it and doubt he’ll be up for me spending money on it for jewellery and anyway as will be way less than £100, it’s a bit pointless I think
When shopping on Ali I use my starling card. I also got my regular bank to give me a separate current account and debit card which I top up whenever I need to pay for anything online whenever I can't use Google pay.

Basically I never put my main card details anywhere near the Internet when paying for stuff.

You could get yourself a revolt card or similar and just top that up and buy online using that, you can also link it to Google pay etc for even more security.
MonkeysUncle13/12/2019 22:27

When shopping on Ali I use my starling card. I also got my regular bank to …When shopping on Ali I use my starling card. I also got my regular bank to give me a separate current account and debit card which I top up whenever I need to pay for anything online whenever I can't use Google pay. (y)Basically I never put my main card details anywhere near the Internet when paying for stuff. You could get yourself a revolt card or similar and just top that up and buy online using that, you can also link it to Google pay etc for even more security.

Oooh, I will check that up! Thanks for the tip!
Tbh I'd let it rest for a few days, get yourself a separate travel card or something which you can simply top up and use online. When it arrives and you still want the item go ahead and buy.
Just be aware it probably won't be as sparkly or as big as pictures make out if you aren't used to Chinese sellers.
LillyM13/12/2019 22:25

Cool, I think I’ll take the plunge! Do you pay with a debit card? I h …Cool, I think I’ll take the plunge! Do you pay with a debit card? I haven’t got a credit card, we’ll I do have a joint one but hubby has it and doubt he’ll be up for me spending money on it for jewellery and anyway as will be way less than £100, it’s a bit pointless I think

Yes I pay with my debit card, it will definitely be affordable, I’ve built a terrible habit of just adding everything I love to my basket and buying frequently Lol
Seeing if I can get a Monese prepaid card, if anything that might stop me overspending this site is terrible for getting things, but at the same time I’ve had some good deals and ideas for Xmas so not all bad 😁
MonkeysUncle13/12/2019 22:32

Tbh I'd let it rest for a few days, get yourself a separate travel card or …Tbh I'd let it rest for a few days, get yourself a separate travel card or something which you can simply top up and use online. When it arrives and you still want the item go ahead and buy.Just be aware it probably won't be as sparkly or as big as pictures make out if you aren't used to Chinese sellers.

This is just what I was doing, started doing a Monese account but gave up half way through, will take your advice though, it’s so easy to get caught up in things isn’t it? I’ve tried to manage my money and purchases better since having kids and I’m doing quite well so will not throw the whole thing up for a pair of earrings and a necklace
Nooooo
LillyM13/12/2019 23:13

This is just what I was doing, started doing a Monese account but gave up …This is just what I was doing, started doing a Monese account but gave up half way through, will take your advice though, it’s so easy to get caught up in things isn’t it? I’ve tried to manage my money and purchases better since having kids and I’m doing quite well so will not throw the whole thing up for a pair of earrings and a necklace

Know what your saying about getting caught up in things.

Interestingly I started buying stuff from China and Russia to sell on ebay. I usually sell for a £1 profit each item after all costs. So make roughly between £20 and £50 a month from a few items. It keeps buying impulses down and makes a bit of money for bits and bob eBay purchases. Think of it as a long term hobby.

Anyhow from £20 I'm sitting at £540 in my PayPal right now. But that's after anything like batteries, earphones, sink plugs, bulbs, pen ink and random ebay purchases. Also currently have about £200 in watches which I bought on ebay which I could sell for at least £280.
MonkeysUncle14/12/2019 00:03

Know what your saying about getting caught up in things.Interestingly I …Know what your saying about getting caught up in things.Interestingly I started buying stuff from China and Russia to sell on ebay. I usually sell for a £1 profit each item after all costs. So make roughly between £20 and £50 a month from a few items. It keeps buying impulses down and makes a bit of money for bits and bob eBay purchases. Think of it as a long term hobby. Anyhow from £20 I'm sitting at £540 in my PayPal right now. But that's after anything like batteries, earphones, sink plugs, bulbs, pen ink and random ebay purchases. Also currently have about £200 in watches which I bought on ebay which I could sell for at least £280.

That’s good, I like the idea of doing that but with 2 youngish kids and a hubby who works shifts I find I hardly have time to do this ( though I have been wasting an ungodly amount of time on this site recently ) I want to make candles and see if I could sell them, when I look at the amount of deals of Yankee candles and how expensive they are, I think I could make a few bobs just by selling mine about a 3rd if the price with better quality wax... I have made a few for kids teachers and family for Xmas... by the way Monese account open, first transfer made and card on its way 😁
I sell stuff which I can just shove in a 2nd class large letter size and just drop in post box on way to work.
Google ebay PayPal fees to work out costs etc. Sometimes there are real bargains still on ebay. I have bought off of sellers just took better photo and resold for more.

Candles wouldn't work as folks can buy decent branded candles in discounters for about £2.50. Postage alone for small parcel is £3.
MonkeysUncle14/12/2019 00:26

I sell stuff which I can just shove in a 2nd class large letter size and …I sell stuff which I can just shove in a 2nd class large letter size and just drop in post box on way to work.Google ebay PayPal fees to work out costs etc. Sometimes there are real bargains still on ebay. I have bought off of sellers just took better photo and resold for more.Candles wouldn't work as folks can buy decent branded candles in discounters for about £2.50. Postage alone for small parcel is £3.

Oh I know, I would sell at local fetes, school fairs and the likes, can always go on about homemade, small business type thing, how mine are better as they use natural waxes as opposed to paraffin or mineral ones...I couldn’t compete with big companies...anyways, I’m just happy to make things for family and friends, I’m pretty rubbish @ selling stuff, always end up giving things away I have sold a few things on eBay, gumtree, but I worry too much
Its fake but its probably fine if you just want q good looking item
I've placed over 1000 orders on aliexpress and had a small amoit of problems (less than amazon and eBay), I've not found them favour the seller, I've won every single dispute and never lost a penny.

Aliexpress ban sellers of fakes if they're aware of it. I've bought loads of legit proper brand stuff from the sellers direct vs eBay and amazon. Some even advertise the prices on all 3 platforms on their websites and Ali is always cheapest.
Edited by: "dcx_badass" 14th Dec 2019
dcx_badass14/12/2019 11:38

I've placed over 1000 orders on aliexpress and had a small amoit of …I've placed over 1000 orders on aliexpress and had a small amoit of problems (less than amazon and eBay), I've not found them favour the seller, I've won every single dispute and never lost a penny.Aliexpress ban sellers of fakes if they're aware of it. I've bought loads of legit proper brand stuff from the sellers direct vs eBay and amazon. Some even advertise the prices on all 3 platforms on their websites and Ali is always cheapest.

Good to know, I’m still undecided, think will take today to think it over, thanks for your input though
I am a platinum member of over 1000 orders, I pay by debit card never had a problem. ' out of those orders about four things never arrived and was refunded promptly.
We've just put an order in and received over £1k worth of stuff set for sale on eBay. No problem there either.
I buy lots of craft items too.
Read reviews of other people's experiences on the item, don't expect too much from cheap jewellery, my daughter buys it all the time for her photo shoots etc, most stuff is pretty good, but saying that I do tend to stay away from electronics, head phones, make up, skin care, as they are never what they seem and the skin care and make up I am too wary of to put on my skin!

Be warned.... It's addictive!
Edited by: "Snowangel1979" 16th Dec 2019
Snowangel197916/12/2019 00:13

I am a platinum member of over 1000 orders, I pay by debit card never had …I am a platinum member of over 1000 orders, I pay by debit card never had a problem. ' out of those orders about four things never arrived and was refunded promptly. We've just put an order in and received over £1k worth of stuff set for sale on eBay. No problem there either. I buy lots of craft items too. Read reviews of other people's experiences on the item, don't expect too much from cheap jewellery, my daughter buys it all the time for her photo shoots etc, most stuff is pretty good, but saying that I do tend to stay away from electronics, head phones, make up, skin care, as they are never what they seem and the skin care and make up I am too wary of to put on my skin! Be warned.... It's addictive!

Thanks for that! I have checked feedbacks and all seem pretty good, even though jewellery is cheap, it’s still over £10 for a pair of earrings so compared to the tons and tons of earrings on there they are not that cheap (all things relative of course ) still haven’t made the plunge yet though.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions